Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage illegal mini bike race

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimv, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Tboid66

Tboid66

I like the way FuelFC thinks!

2. Jimv

Jimv

I think ya gotta be specific here & tell them what to look up on FB
    Jimv

3. Jimv

Jimv

No Tom you can't run a knucklehead in a mini bike frame!!lol
    jimV

4. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

Rhode Aces Car Club RI

5. Damn..............................

6. So one person gets hurt on a minibike or a soap box car? How many people get hurt just crossing the street each day???? Maybe we should all stay in our houses and wear full pads and helmets every time we go out out to get the mail!

Problem with society these days is that everyone is sue happy and nobody has the balls to do fun stuff anymore.

THIS IS A HOT ROD SITE!!! GOING FAST AND TAKING RISKS IS WHAT WE ARE ABOUT!!!

Maybe some of you couldn't afford a minibike when you were a kid or your parents wouldn't let you have one. Sorry your childhood was crappy. Now that your older your just jealous that you still can't afford one and your wife won't let you anyway. LOL

Great thread, keep the mini-bike stories, video and pics coming!!!

7. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Very cool thread. I sent it to my sister in Mass. The funny part is that my brother in law reconized quite a few of the guys. He is a tool dealer in Mass and Rhode Island.

8. None of what you said is relevant. One person killed himself, luckily nobody innocent was hurt. I thought the illegal soap box thing looked like fun at first. If "some of you" aren't smart enough to figure out that this is a dumb idea ...

And, racing minibikes on the street isn't promoting traditional hot rods and customs. If anything it'll draw negative attention- it's akin to the evil RAT RODS. But, that's not the point.

9. Ruiner

Ruiner

So how is any of this relevant to a traditional hot rod and custom forum again? I seem to recall there used to be rules and limits about that sorta thing here...but what would I know, I'm just a newbie here...I'm gonna go work on my vintage snowmobile with its measly 40hp motor, maybe I'll post a thread about driving that through town all illegal-like and then you guys will think I'm cool, at least my snowmobile can go over 50mph...

10. 454navyss

454navyss

that looks like a blast, it makes my girlfriend and me want mini bikes

11. tatersgravy

tatersgravy
    from midwest

In the early 70's when I was a kid I used to ride (see pic) a "RUPP" mini bike..:D.. down a dirt road, about 5 miles to the drag strip to watch em race! Those were good memories indeed! All I'd say is get the kids involved as much as possible and be safe!

[​IMG]

12. Jimv

Jimv

Blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah!
    funny thing is 2 people "don't get it" All the other posts do.If your going to get so uptight over this don't click on it anymore, you're starting to look foolish.
    jimv

13. He might be right, Ruiner. I am jealous and you're mama probably didn't breastfeed you. Too bad this baby already sold- we'd've beat 'em at their own game. If they whined about the NOS, we could take the bottle out and beat 'em "all motor".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorized_recliner_incident

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DWI-...6050QQptZOtherQ5fVehiclesQ5fEverythingQ5fElse

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  14. Ruiner

Ruiner

That was from my state, hahaha...I understand liking mini bikes, I just don't understand why they're wasting space here...there's lots of cool things that have nothing to do with hot rods that we don't talk about on the forum, this is one of those things IMO...

15. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

ahhh, I doubt that "cool" and you will ever be in the same sentance. Really, if you can't see how the fun we are having is relavant than you just don't get the roots of where this hobby started. And getting this uptight about something others are all about is just plain lame. Your bashing the thread, but your adding to it? Just stop reading.

16. Capt. Cal

Capt. Cal
    from Newton NJ

Looks like a damn good time! So what if we have some slight diversity of the hot rod stuff. Hot rods, gokarts and mini bikes go together just like the old pages of rod and custom and hot rod from way back when.
    Count me in for the next race! wahaha! (granted i cant take sharp corners...)
    [​IMG]

17. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

WOW MAN!!!! That thing is awesome!!!! Lemme know if ya ever want to sell it!!! BADASS!!!!!

18. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

19. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I see lead sled was there. He might be going away from boats and into mini bikes. So slick willy check his garage

20. 117harv

117harv

This may be the dumbest OT thread ever, anyone who does this sort of thing is a dumb ass punk hoodlum, who needs a serious ass kickin...NOT!

Great, thanks alot, now my truck project is goin on the back burnner while i build a mini bike, one question though whats the cut off year for manufacture and does it have to be a TRADITIONAL build!

21. Terry1

Terry1

I wonder what the end result was when the police showed up. I know for a fact that a member of the Rhode Aces is also an officer with the East Providence Police Dept.. they responded to the call.

22. mgcbus65

mgcbus65

Former member and not on good terms from what I understand.

23. SholleysTrimShop

SholleysTrimShop

Be cool if scarylarry has a minbike race at the showdown, or maybe a go-cart race, heres my entries

Attached Files:

24. BrandonG

BrandonG

Pretty girls and little bikes.
    [​IMG]

Big guys and little bikes.
    [​IMG]

and a forum for other big guys very interested in little bikes.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/

When the little kid inside grows up, just start covering yourself with dirt!

25. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

i use to have a mini bike miss it had great times on it

26. Stickbilly

Stickbilly
    from Liberty,KS

That would be so fun. Wish som one would have one of these races around here!

27. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Only 1% of mini bikers are bad

28. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

ahhhhhhhahaha 12 pages of horsesh1t and the last comment made it all worth it - but now i miss my minibike too dammit

29. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

and who knew minibikes had groupies of this caliber?!?