Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. TJ Coyote59

TJ Coyote59

These are the pics of my dads strip days. I dont have many as I was only around 5 or 6 years of age. But he used to take me to all kinds of racing events. The drags being my favorite!

Attached Files:

2. 60s Racer

60s Racer
    from northeast

When the Comets went over to the scoops were they still able to use the same High-Riser intake as the T-Bolts and Galaxies? Did Ford produce more than one type 2x4 High-Riser intake?

Also are there any production numbers on the 427 Comets either '64 or '65?

3. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

At Erie Dragway

[​IMG]

4. Great shots!! The car must have been new in the garage shot. It still has the "as delivered" Firestone slicks. I've been told they didn't work worth a crap so most T-bolts got new shoes pretty quick!!:D

5. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

That was my thoughts as well....but it looks like he painted the Firestone lettering. I am hoping to get a pic of an original Thunderbolt slick on here soon. Yeah I guess it was taken off when new cuz it didn't bite so good...but how cool is a gen T-Bolt slick? :D

6. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Here's a pic that ts3x65mph posted here in another thread.

[​IMG]

Ts3x65mph really posts some great stuff.

7. This is Thunderbolt # 1, Dick Brannan's car much later on.

8. This is the only original set I've ever seen. These are on the Milo Coleman car.

Attached Files:

9. 65COMET

65COMET

Jody;was that car at Dearborn? Jack Hazlegren showed me a bolt with a set of those slicks at the show this year. ROY.

10. Yes, that is where the photos were taken.

11. TJ Coyote59

TJ Coyote59

[​IMG]

I'm trying to figure out if my dad was driving the George May Ford car at that time.

more pics.

Attached Files:

• TB1.jpg
      TB1.jpg
      File size:
      88.7 KB
      Views:
    • TB3.jpg
      TB3.jpg
      File size:
      97.5 KB
      Views:
    • TB5.jpg
      TB5.jpg
      File size:
      94.7 KB
      Views:
  12. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

13. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

coyote59 In this photo it sure looks like it's a bench seat do you remember if it was? did it come that way?

Also note the sun visor on the drivers side only.

[​IMG]

14. coyote59 In this photo it sure looks like it's a bench seat do you remember if it was? did it come that way?

That's the backseat. The T-bolt front seat were fairly short Bostrum seats. It is possible the passenger seat has been removed also and of course you can't see the drivers seat because the driver is in it.

15. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Thuderbolt pics for the day.

Attached Files:

16. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Dads looking to build tribute T-bolt in hopes of getting it done before the 2014 50th anniversary.What seems to be the best rear susspension set up for the fairlane.Stock t-bolt bars,Ladder bar,Cal tracs.Shooting for a low 10 sec car

17. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I'd like to know what colors were on that car. That "Whatisit" on the hood is wild looking but it appears to be some real quality work. I also wonder what the reasoning was behind lettering the car different on each side. George May on the qtr on the rt side...on the door on the left??? A great looking car though.

Later on, the car became the Pete Oatess Ford car called "The Lively One" and the hood scoop read "It's a Wedge".

18. I like the Cal-Tracs if he is going to run a 10.5 or smaller tire with leafs. I have them and have been 1.30 in the 60'. If he wants a big tire race car, coil overs and ladder bars work well. If he wants authentic, 1964 vibe the T-bolt bars are the way to go. I think it would be cool to duplicate Phil Featherson's real T-bolt suspension. T-bolt DST bars with a floater set up to help with the bind the bars cause. This would be both period correct but with a modern element to help it hook. Watch the video I posted. It appears to work!!:D

19. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Thanks Ive got the Cal-Trac bars on mine but havent got them dialed in right yet.The suspension unloads right after I take off.I was going to change out my front shocks to the caltrac 90/10 to try and get better front end travel.stiffen the rear shock a bit.And reset the bars to the lower hole.On the fairlane we were wanting to run that same tire,Ive been told it will fit with little mod maybe a slight mini tub.Dad likes the idea of running the original bars.Weve seen the phil featherston videos and are amazed he's got that system working so well.Is anyone else using the original bars?

There was suppose to be an original T-BOLT running out of Colorado under the courtsey ford banner.I've been trying to find a pic but no luck so far.It ran the 64-65 seasons and then dissappered.Have you heard of it?

20. Yes Courtsey Ford had a T-bolt. I know the fellow who owns it today. I have several photos I can post later. I'm sure there are vintage shots of that car in this thread.

By the way, what rear shocks are you using with the Cal-Tracs?

21. Here ya' go.

Attached Files:

22. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Thanks for the photo.Would love to hear the history of that car.Dad remembers watching it run.At the time he was a mechanic at a rival dealer johnny harper ford.

I'm running that rancho 9000 that came with the set up set on 7.

Heres some galaxie's for your thread.The first is a real one The second and third I'm not sure.Did they ever do the lightweight in the sedan body style?

Attached Files:

23. Color Courtsey Ford

Attached Files:

24. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

T-Bolt??

[​IMG]
    Was advised by a member here (and pretty well most of the history of this car) that it was not a Thunderbolt. It did run a cammer though.

25. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

[​IMG]

Looks like they are coming out with a new Thunderbolt 1/18 diecast.Hubert Platt's Georgia Shaker. Same mold as the prescion 100 mold.For those who collect www.supercar1.com

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  26. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Those Presision 1/18th scale diecast Thunderbolts are amazing. I saw a Georgia Shaker on EBay the other day but didn't click to see the pics. Looks pretty good!

27. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

You might want to shoot member Plumber 1 a PM. He has stated here before that he remembered that car.

28. 65COMET

65COMET

In 2006 at the Dick Brannan Ford show in Arizona there was a 64 Fairlane,full tube chassis,cammer ,5-speed under construction in the race car lineup.Anyone know this car and what happened to it? It was being built by a Father and Son,I lost their contact info.They were not trying to pass it off as a T-Bolt,just one BAD 64 Fairlane. ROY.

29. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Hey roy

I actually have pics of that car.It was very nice, high end stuff.I heard the owner was out of salt lake.I know earl did the engine and had called the guy to see how it was going.It sounded like the project stalled.And after awhile I think earl lost contact.I kept waiting to see that car done.I'll mshoot you an e-mail with earls number if you dont have it.

Attached Files:

30. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I saw this guys car there also.Damn nice , all it needs is a matching marauder to haul it to the track.

Attached Files: