Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got it fired on the new injection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eddie's chop shop, Nov 13, 2009.

1. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I'm betting that if it bit you, you would get a nasty infection.

2. RDR

RDR

Cudos to ya ! some fine workmanship and thinking outside the box....Not sure about the midget thing...I'm over 6' tall but have always loved chopped, channelled cars...GO FIGURE??....never been offended if someone didn't like my car...just considered the source....

3. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

Wow! the set up its fantastic, that motor looks like a mean mother fucker.

4. sawzall

sawzall

even better

I am headed there now

I like it more that its efi AND that its totally HIDDEN..

you sir.. RULE...

5. Eddie
    Quit a bit of engineering going on there. You got no problems from me about it being managed by a brain. Stack injection as a rule just isn't a real street friendly setup, so you figure a way around it.

The car is Rad bro. Probably won't see me driving one like it soon, but it is rad. Keep the rubber down and the sheet metal up, we'll hook up some day.

6. Idlzruf

Idlzruf

Just looked at you website pretty sweet.Hot rodding to me is all about making what you have better.

7. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Hey guys thanks for all the positive feedback. The car has always been one of those cars that you love or hate, and either way its all good. As much as I love a 32 seeing 100 black coupes lined up with red wheels and small blocks gets a little old.

I find myself walking right by most EXTREMELY nice cars for the simple reason is that they are ordinary. I've built a few of them myself. But when you look at most cars you really are just looking at "well the paints okay, the interior is nice, blah blah blah"

For those of you that are wondering, I am 5'11 about 215 fairly solid. I fit in the car comfortably. It is tricky to get in but once in its a nice comfortable seating position and driving car. I have a friend who is 6'4 and has his legs straight out while sitting in the car. Its one of the reasons I kept the stock firewall sticking out front. If anything its a little narrow through the shoulders for two dudes, but thats a model A.

I myself don't point out to the owner when I think his car is a POS. I enjoy my cars and would never want anybody else to not enjoy theirs just because I felt like being an a-hole. The hamb will really go down hill when people stop "showing off" their stuff. I realize that my tastes are a little out there but most people seem to appreciate it even if it is not their thing. I have learned a great deal from the hamb and like to give back when I can it just might be that gift that you want to exchange.....

Eddie

8. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Oh and just to get you thinking a little more.....

[​IMG]

9. swimeasy

swimeasy

What the hell....Your a madman!!!

10. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

This thread is worthless without VIDEO!!!

11. Spridle

Spridle

Truly great engineering.

Is that another weird FI set-up on the bench. Looks like 8 injectors, n stax.

Dude, you got Pepsi!!!

12. swimeasy

swimeasy

YES,YES!!! Vidio please!!!

13. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Wow that is very cool. If you make it to TX we will have to race:D

14. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

gnarly any idea on hp?

15. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

what are you using for engine management? i assume you're using tps for load? is there much of a useable map signal?

16. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

what are you using for engine management? i assume you're using tps for load? is there much of a useable map signal?

17. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

The only big problem I see is the license plate......Everything else seems planned / well thought out. The plate looks like a mistake / oversight.

18. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

Very nice. hidden very well.
    Are you using sequential or batch fire for the injectors?
    Am I correct in thinking you are using the IAC on and off for idle control/quality?

19. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

okay to answer some of the questions,

video on way, waiting for the email from my budy.
    Runs and drives has a weird flat spot off idle that I am tunign out.
    No idea on HP let you know after dyno tuning thats a ways off though want to get it close before I waste dyno dollars.
    management is megasquirt, first time using it, so far not too impressed poor documentation, too much info and not enough info all at the same time. Plus all the guys running it are putting it on 85 hondas or some shit so can't get anyone to compare notes with.
    I am using map and tps but map more so. Very good map signal from 30 kpa all the way up to 200+ i'm overdriving the blower 12 percent
    Batch fire there on top of the bower so sequential doesn't do much for ya
    Iac is a stepper motor not just on off but yes completely controls idle butterflies are completely shut at idle

Yes got a few more "special" things in the works on the bench.

So far my road tuning has not seen more than 27% throttle if you can believe that. Normal dring sees around 5-7% throttle. Makes for a touchy pedal. I am designing a new progressive throttle settup for situations like this.

20. sloorider

sloorider

I don't think anyone has insulted your build here Eddie, just not everyones style.
    I dig the build and the do it my way, your doing a radical build so there will be some radical opinions...no problem...(no need for anyone to call anyone names or start a drama)
    In my opinion, your and others thinking of the NEW Traditional build brings new life to the same old, same old (as you pointed out),EFI,etc...how about fly by wire throttle?

Is that a quick change twin Paxton centrifical blowers your building?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  21. sloorider

sloorider

22. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

23. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

24. B Blue

B Blue

Eddie, I can't decide if I like your car or not. But that's not important, as it sure as hell grabs me. I look at the pictures and the emotions sort of go wild. Glad you built it and are sharing it with us. I'd love to see it in person. Sometimes it tough, being different.

Bill

25. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I like the thought and engineering but not the car.Just not my style

26. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Love the car and the engineering.Anytime someone steps outside the box or colors outside of the lines there will be those who dont get it.Thats the way it is.Only waythe box gets bigger is for someone to push the box sides.Building whats been done is ok but there is no box on imagination...or the talent to do it.Great work.

27. you built and drive it screw the rest

28. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

Not really my style but it kinda is. I don't know, I honestly like it, it looks well built from the pic/video. And I love the fact that its efi-to me thats great. The old style and ideas, with the modern execution and technology. Modern stuff works good but looks like shit, old stuff looks great (and it does work pretty good too though, haha) but you get driveability. Good work.

29. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I really like what you've done with that EFI! I've bounced back and forth between using Megasquirt and a GM ECM. When you are finished tuning, will you be posting more details of the EFI? I sure hope so!

30. Hotrod1932

Hotrod1932
    from Oregon

I find the whole thing outstanding..Now that is a Hotrod. Alot of people on here believe if it doesn't have a flatty and skinny's it ain't shit. Well I disagree. Cool car man.