Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got it fired on the new injection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eddie's chop shop, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Up and running again. Was down for a few days is all, but been building this intake for awhile. So far so good, will need some tuning, but the throttle response already makes the carbs look pathetic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hard to see in the pics but the stacks are clearly visible even from the back of the car! Gotta love it good and obnoxious!

2. moses

moses

kick ass that looks mean....jeffrey

3. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Looks like a Sesco injection plate, half a small block Chevy. What I thought it was til I went back and saw your older post. Pretty wild.

4. WOW......

Looks like it should do 1/4 mile burnouts

5. 63Compact

63Compact

Not to knock your work but not my cup of tea looks like a clown car, sorry.

6. "Not to knock your work but not my cup of tea looks like a clown car, sorry."

????????????????You obviously did not get enuf backhands from your parents growing up. Why would you need to say that? No grown adult would expect to always like what someone else enjoys and most would know enuf to keep it to themselves.

7. 63Compact

63Compact

Nothing personal just a thought dont get ya panties in a bunch.

8. sawzall

sawzall

eddie's

its still fully mechanical?? is this at all streetable??

9. Idlzruf

Idlzruf

Wow that is bad ass.Im in love...

63 compact why even bother posting if thats all you have to say.

10. very cool. I like it, looks wicked

11. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I was wondering the same thing myself...it is cool lookin though!!

12. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Just a thought, when you don't have anything good to say, move on........or shut your stinkin' pie hole.

Great car by the way. It is a bit wierd but good wierd, kind of purple people eater wierd. I love the stacks from behind!!!!!

13. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Man thiss thing is cool what kind of time dose it turn? With the slicks and the cage I'm sure you have taken it to the track let us know with and with out injection. Realy a cool car alot of time in it.....

14. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Come on now,,there are some posts where the whole thread is just slamming a car..and as 'adults' everyone should be quite able to take positive and negative comments..I'm not so keen on it either,,,though I can appreciate it it from a mechanical stand point

15. swimeasy

swimeasy

I thought when I first saw the pict. "Let the drama begin" Not my style but its cool and novel in a show car sorta way!

16. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

cool setup,, pass on the car..

17. How about some background/installation/tech on the injectors and installation?...

18. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

I have to say your injection setup is a first for me. Never seen stacks converted to a blower before.:eek: Good job outside the box.

19. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Okay, so first off I expected lots of drama out of this. Half the reason I did it. I LOVE a nice tracitional car, but I also LOVE something that makes you think.

Now the flaming is going to get worse.... I was waiting to drop the bomb.

Its EFI.

And its going to be very streetable. I have not taken it out yet since I just fired it the other day. Import to tune a nice idle and get some good safe base maps established before roadtesting.

I have taken plenty of heat on this board for my "style". so I am definitely smart enough not to make a tech post on "efi". if you want a little mroe info you can go to my wesite.

The intake was a enderle small block chevy settup. I cut it apart, made 4 individual throttle bodies out of it and then built the rest. Ever part was a one off pc that I machined.

Hopefully some of you enjoyed it.

Eddie

20. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

I have run a best time of 11.2 in the car. I have only taken it out 3 times and only had one of those where I could run multiple passes do to breaking. On "street" night my local track will only let me make a few passes because of teh exhaust too. Local houses are getting closer and putting pressure to shut the track down. These tires really are junk and I spin through the 1/8.

The car is first and foremost a fun street car for me. I drive it several times a week and it is a very streetable car, always has been (with the exception of the blindspot ,with the carbs was worse they are wider at your line of sight, you get used to it). One of these days I will buy some good wheels/slicks adn we'll see what she can really do.

21. pretty cool that you made it by hand it works, something to be said about that right there

22. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Some slight opening of teh intake

[​IMG]

This is what I started with
    [​IMG]

Here's a shot from the rear, no wires no sensors.
    [​IMG]

23. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Crazy as a box of frogs,fuckin' love it!:D:D
    Not my style of car but,can't help having admiration for skill and inginuity needed to build that wicked induction system.
    Only down side I see is that you'd need to be a midget to drive it.If you are a midget,I appologise profusely,no offence intended!LOL:D

24. rgaller

rgaller

Exactly, he wasn't disrespectful when he stated he did not like the car. If you are going to "show off" your vehicle, you better be prepared for people who like AND dislike it. With that said, not my cup of tea but EFI is definitely the way to go these days.

25. It may not be HAMB friendly, but engineering excellance is engineering excellance. Anybody remember Stu Hilborn?...

26. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I'd look at if it were goin' down the road!! EFI that looks trad is awesome. Glad it works. Lots of engineering in this whole car, whether ya like it or not.

27. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey EDDIE...WOW what a hotrod! man only US REAL mechanics can appreciate your work, and BELIEVE me i do!!! O I'AM going to give that damned AUSSIE some greafe. the stupid asshole! that badboy will go in the 9s with good tires. don't believe me? i have a crisp $100.00 bill to bet! any takers? YOU have 1 of the baddest looking rods on the planet. call me POP...or the old FART!

28. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

Outstanding work!

29. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey EDDIE...WOW what a hotrod! man only US REAL mechanics can appreciate your work, and BELIEVE me i do!!! O I'AM going to give that damned AUSSIE some greafe. the stupid asshole! that badboy will go in the 9s with good tires. don't believe me? i have a crisp $100.00 bill to bet! any takers? YOU have 1 of the baddest looking rods on the planet. call me POP...or the old FART!

30. mosimpson

mosimpson

Hey Eddie I dig the car, it looks great. I followed the build-up here on the HAMB and saw the craftsmanship that went into building it. Congratulations! And as far as the EFI goes, mission accomplished! I figure if people are asking if it is mechanical you achieved exactly what you were attempting. Plus you get EFI performance...AWESOME!!!!!!!