Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage illegal mini bike race

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimv, Oct 31, 2009.

1. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Those R.I. cops sure have some pretty cars and uniforms, and typical cop stance. Butch/56sedandelivery.

2. mgcbus65

mgcbus65

That was me in the Rat Fink mask. I would have left it on but it was very hard to see out of. Any minibikes in Italy?

3. what are those mini bikes called? they're cool!

4. Jimv

Jimv

5. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I wanted to buy that mask badly so many times! That or the Wild Child one....
    but was always too expensive for my pooooor pockets!!!:(
    Yeah we have minibikes! A bunch of my friends used to go on the malls
    parking lots at night time when theyre empty to run their mini bikes,
    but they have the newer style ones and not of my taste really, but you can
    find some of the OG ones around....i've been thinkin of doin one but then
    the rest takes too much time off my hands....one day, after the car and the trucks are done,
    then i have the bicycle w/ the bike engine project, the girlfriends ride.......and on and on!:D

But if i'll get over there w/ the girl and you will be organizing a race....who knows, i might join in the fun!:D

6. Rhode aces on Road faeces !

7. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

ya, next time you gotta post the race time ,ive got some shit up my sleeve.

8. picasso

picasso

That looks like a lot of fun and brings back memories of dragging my friend around on a go kart towed behind my mini bike. Legal is overrated anyway.!

9. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I cant get over how MANY of ya'll showed up!

that was great

highlight was seeing that guy fall off!

10. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

11. SickBoy66

SickBoy66
    from Eugene, OR

12. SWAMPDONKEY

SWAMPDONKEY

13. The Mini Bike Races at the Shakedown were lame. Nobody showed up and it was boring....YEAH RIGHT!! Can't wait for next year. We had our first official meeting for next year's races last night. Lots of neat changes for next year!!!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kCwKYywQxc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kCwKYywQxc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

14. What are the rules?

15. Jimv

Jimv

No rules!!
    Scored a mini yesterday off of geoff!! I'm ready yo rock & roll!
    JimV

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  16. axisally666

axisally666

It's about fucking time you got one Jim

17. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Gotta get me another dammmm mini bike like when I was 9. I have three motors and no frame. Great, "Honey, I got another project" Maybe I'll get a motor runnin first and she cant say no then, can she?
    We saw a race against time where this dude lit a gig and had to go around a 5 (?) mile loop and be back before the cig went out. just sayin.

18. Is this traditional enuf? 1970 model..
    [​IMG]

19. Jimv

Jimv

Adam, its been a week!! spare me.lol

and thats not really traditional, but the rules can be swayed by the chick in your avatar!!

JimV

20. Great video! You guys look like terrorists, you should all be locked up!:p

21. Jimv

Jimv

If anyone can help out on finding a new place to have one of these let us know.Some where in the providence area or on some farm somewhere.Even if someone has a long driveway we could have drags that would be cool also.
    we have in mind a "late" nite blast or a 'snow" race also
    JimV

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  22. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

Actually there are a few rules. 4 stroke motor only, no gears, and no dorks. We actually ask that the riders not be drinking before the race, if someone crashes they could take out the whole pack. Also if you get stopped by the cops you risk getting a DUI on a freaking mini bike. The next event will be anounced shortly. The club had a meeting last night and we decided to do at least one more before the snow comes. We also may be running at the Dunk in Providence on the quarter midget track during the intermision. It's not set in stone but things look good. I'll keep everyone posted, or as always information is available on The Rhode Aces Car Club F.B. page. Thanks again for all the support.

23. Jimv

Jimv

I was just joking about the "drunk" part in my post about the rules! The celebrating was done after the race.lol
    JimV

24. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

There's a guy on Old Minibikes that actually did get one on a Minibike.

25. Hey Trap.........Does the motor have to be a "lawn mower" type motor and is there a size limit?........I used to be a Dork but Jimv showed me the light!

26. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

So what's it feel like to be one step backwards from a Dork, now that "JimV showed you the light"?????:D

27. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

No engine size limit, but I wouldn't recomend going over 9 hp. My brother did, and took a real bad fall. Most guys are using Briggs 5hp set ups, or the ohv set up from Harbor Freight. It's not a real great idea to go for top end, they get real squirley at speed over 45, maybe 50. Tourque is where its at, especially in the dirt. What set up are you thinking?

28. Jimv

Jimv

No, your still a dork!!lol
    jimV

29. FuelFC

FuelFC

Not that I (cough ahem cough) have any 'experience' in these types of situations but I have heard that timing and signage can be your friend.

Say like road closure blockades (disposable or shall we say borrowed). Men working signs, yellow tape... I am sure you have plenty of opportunity or might know some friends of friends that could help out in purloining err gathering a few of those.

Go off hours at say 5:00 am on a Sunday before church.

Also works well if it is a multi-garage set up with three or four entrances. The multi facilities allow for usage of elevators and or crossovers easily manuvered with by smaller vehicles should the need arise to leave in a say hasty like manner.

Have a good plan and above all be safe.

Oh and a spotter of sorts parked near by to inform the participants of the weather and any unexpected uniformed spectators is always handy.

Now on to this 'Rhode Hard and Put Away Wet' (tm) deal. We have a Semi-Pro rider here in D/FW I think we'll discuss sponsoring and fly in if he is up to it and his touring doesn't conflct.

Is a mini bike carry on or checked luggage?
    And will a Sombrero fit safely in the overhead?

Attached Files:

30. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

One just might check out our clubs FB page...not sure...I'm just sayin.