Register now to get rid of these ads!

Orlando ARea Hot Spots

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Stapley, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Hey guys, I'm coming to Orlando area for the week of Nov.15/22. Where are the cool spots to hang out and see some cars etc... Got my family and kids too so no forbidden places this time. Any pinstripers in the area as well???

Thanks for the heads up,
    Chris.

2. Track-T

Track-T

Old Town in Kissimmee has a meet every saturday night(4pm) old stuff
    new stuff on friday

Here are going to be staying?

3. OBT , All night

4. Thanks Track T ! Staying in some rented condo I guess in the disney area?? Not to sure,
    this was the wifes department. I just drive,ha,ha!

5. Greezy

Greezy

Old Town has some cool go cart tracks too.

6. Cart tracks are good! I remember one from 1983 in Orlando that was a smooth track, corners had talcum powder spread all over 'em. Very fun!

7. John Denich

John Denich

Oh I see....you go there but not So-Cal.....what were not good enough for you????

8. Jordster

Jordster

Yah, what Track-T said! Old-town should be really close to wherever you're staying and has tons of family-friendly stuff to do. The friday and saturday night cruises would be right up your alley. There were a couple of events here in town last weekend, seems to be the season. If I get wind of anything in particular I'll post it.

9. Hey John , believe me man. If it were my choice I'd be at your house and you'd never get rid of me. You don't want that, ha,ha! I will arrive there soon, maybe next years trip?

Jordster, thanks for the heads up , I love the new Buick man saw it in a post coming off the truck. Sort of got a soft spot for Buicks . I've got a pretty radical yet still unfinished '53 Roadster Pickup. Haven't been able to finish any cars since I sold one to John Denich, LOL. (Got ya back Timebomb!)

10. Track-T

Track-T

Jordster, How far are from the big airport?

11. Jordster

Jordster

Thanks! But, Buick Roadster Pickup? Totally curious now, got any pics?

Orlando ain't that big, you can get to OIA from just about anywhere in 30mins to an hour depending on traffic. What's cookin? Something happening down there?

12. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Try to get to Don Garlits Museum.North of The O

13. Ramblur

Ramblur

14. Hey Jordster, are they still having cruise nights at the Steak and Shakes on 436 and up at Altamonte also?

15. Track-T

Track-T

[Orlando ain't that big, you can get to OIA from just about anywhere in 30mins to an hour depending on traffic. What's cookin? Something happening down there?[/QUOTE]

thought we might all get togeather for coffee and tell stories when jordster
    comes down, it's a bit easier if you live close.

16. Jordster

Jordster

Oooh...I had forgotten about that one. Don't know if they still do it, do you remember which day of the week it was? Wasn't it mostly muscle cars?

17. Jordster

Jordster

Think you meant Stapley, but yeah! I say we at least meet up for the cruise night in old town on the 21st. The actual cruise of the cars starts at 8:30, but it's always nice to get there earlier to walk the lots and check em out when they're parked.

We could meet up at the A&W on the main drag and grab some food. What say you, Chris? And you should get un-bored with that Buick...looks like it could be very cool! :p

18. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

hahaha careful, my friend was a cop who's zone was OBT, half those prostitutes are dudes dressed as chicks.

19. Stay until the next weekend and Turkey Rod Run will be at the speedway in Daytona. 5,000 cars ...

20. That figures I'd forget about the Turkey rod run. Many a good friend will be there too, damn. I'm up for meeting at the Old town Cruise guys. OK if my rent a car isn't cool. The wife wouldn't let me choose our ride, ha,ha! Thinking about making room in the garage next to the mig this winter for old Buford too. I might as well finish it or git er gone!

21. Track-T

Track-T

That's what I was thinking (old age sucks)

22. Rum Runner

Rum Runner
    from Fla

The Rockabilly Riot is in Jacksonville on the 21st and you really arent that far for such a great show being put on by the Saints and Sinners

23. See, this is why I belong to the HAMB! Thanks gang, you're the best!