Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with door poppers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 68Caddy, Oct 30, 2009.

1. 68Caddy

68Caddy

What is the best way to install a set of door poppers? I have a 50 Shoebox, with shaved handles. I want a kick button under the door, etc. Does anyone recomend or have a good kit?

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

Have you noticed how much of this website is repetition?
    It sure would be beneficial if there were an index so we could look up all the posts on poppers
    There was a great thread on poppers made of out a bolt and spring but how are the new guys to know that?

3. hipkatgreaser

hipkatgreaser

I picked up a kit from gaybay for hundred fifety from auto this world company which was an auto loc kit for a four dour every thing included 50 lb solenoids which were actually 100 lb solenoids, good poppers, relays, harness, cables, and the auto loc brain box. I just got em the day.

4. hipkat,
    have you installed the kit yet? and did you get the emergency cable with it. those are worth so much more than the $39.95 we sell them for, unless you are an autoglass guy;)

5. It's called the search function. Guys just need to use it.

6. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Shoot , autoloc sells em for 40 bucks? Do you guys have latches to? I might be tempted to buy some for an o/t truck I have, (yeah its a mini truck:() But hey i got it for free so i can practice my skills on it haha

7. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

Definately get the heavy solenoids that aren't held together with a rubber boot. I have both types and the lighter ones are barely adequate for finely tuned, light weight doors. The heavy ones really get the job done. You can get a very simple remote kit to run the solenoids for $40 from the ebayz.

8. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

you have the link? i cant find it

9. az67goat

az67goat
    from Mesa, AZ

I don't get it.

A guy wants to associate with others with the same interests on a forum. So he goes on and asks a simple question and the answer is that he can find it by searching????
    Maybe we want to develop relationships in addition to understanding new things.

If we all just use the search fuction maybe we won't have to ever post a new thread. After a while most everything has been brought up so just close the forum for future threads and allow searching only.

It's not just about issue.

Why go into a forum and find a thread about something that you have seen discussed before and then get involved in the thread by trying to end it by directing the guy to search.
    What is the point!!
    Just stay out of the thread...Jeeess...:(

10. BISHOP

BISHOP

You dont need door popers, just put new rubber in the jam, door pops open.

11. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

This is where I installed my door 'poppers' on a '51 Merc. Now the solenoids are a different story.:)

Attached Files:

• pop.jpg
      pop.jpg
      File size:
      52.7 KB
      Views:
  12. binderfan

binderfan
    from bay area

I do get it.

It sucks to have to search through pages and pages of the same threads to find information you are looking for. The more repetetive threads come up, the less valuable the site is to search.

To the OP, the second "bar" from the top, click "search" and then click "advanced search" and play with that screen, you will probably find more information than you will get in replies to this post.

13. hipkatgreaser

hipkatgreaser

Haven't installed them yet and made my own emergency cable. Thanks you guys gave me great service

14. Lars we have all sorts of things including latches. we have large and small bear claws in standard and powered varieties.
    check out our website www.thehoffmangroup.com and remember to say you came from the hamb!

15. Glad to hear it. thanks for the good word...
    and dont't tell any one but I still build some parts for my own car even though we sell something that will work. Shhhh!!!