Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1959-60 Ford F100 Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BEAR, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Looks like a nice setup, but does a '57-'60 truck have the same frame width as a '67?

2. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

The rear end width is the same. I assume the frame is too. At least at the back.

Later,Bill

3. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

Heres mine before and after suspension change.

Attached Files:

4. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Lookin good Doug. Are you gonna bring it to the Fall-Out?

5. furyus

furyus
    from Virginia

Here's my '60. Just getting started with her. Near future plans include ditching the aftermarket wheels and returning to the stock steelies. Then she gets lowered a bunch. She's got a 223/3-on-the-tree that I plan on sticking with, though a rebuild is in order on the next year or so. This truck is my daily driver, even in bad weather, so she's gonna die with her boots on.

furyus

Attached Files:

6. Yup.

7. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I started a 57-60 F100 social group. Join up!

8. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  9. 100% Matt

100% Matt

10. 59f100fan

59f100fan
    from hawaii

yeah man I just got everything right with the brakes ......I am really saavy to brake systemns now ....make sure you research all the parts you need....I had to install dual poyt master cylinder/ corvette style...and make sure you have all the adapters you need before you start installing your brake lines...if you decide to go with this setup..of course

11. cjmac

cjmac

57 and 59 are gone. Finishing up the 58 panel to keep and looking for an original paint 57 - 60. Cool pics all over this site. Thanks, CJ

Attached Files:

12. thishero

thishero

cjmac, I think I met the guy that owns that 59, a guy by the name of Tim, lives in Riverbank. Met him at the Turlock Swap Meet about a month ago. Really knowledgable, had some great advice for me to keep my 57 driving straight as I'm putting mine together with a straight axle. Even gave me his number and I've called him looking for more. He mentioned he knew you and the Chulupa truck. His 59 was was very nice. Here's some pictures from the swap meet of his truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Steve

13. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

WORK IN PROGRESS

[​IMG]

14. nbr01f

nbr01f
    from Peoria

15. thishero

thishero

nbr01f,

I went through your slideshow, man that truck had quite a bit of rust but it looks like you did a great job of repairing it. My 57 doesn't nearly have that much, but I'm still wondering how I'm going to fix it.

Nice job.

16. thishero

thishero

Got my suspension pretty much done, and the motor in (not built up yet) and decided to throw some sheet metal on to see what I can expect of its ride height. I'm liking it a lot. I know there's a lot more to do, but it's days like this that make it worth it.

Sorry about the bad photo, it was taken with my camera phone, at night.

Attached Files:

17. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Ride height looks great. How much is your axle dropped?

18. thishero

thishero

It actually has a 3" drop axle and 3" drop mono leaf springs. I was aiming for the 6" drop, but I've heard of people using the 6" mono leaf drop, but they usually complained about the ride so I'm trying it this way. For the money spent I probably could have found a camaro front end clip, but I wanted to keep it old school.

19. gafridge

gafridge

Steve,your truck is looking good.One day i hope to put a drop axle from Sid in mine.Keep working on it and you'll get it done.

20. 100% Matt

100% Matt

[​IMG]
    Monoleafs in the front and an axle over the springs in the rear. Gonna bump my front tire size up to 215 rather than 205s Im running now. Originally I was gonna install a 2" drop axle with the mono leafs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  21. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

22. JamesDean

JamesDean
    from West Texas

Where can I get the rear axle flip kit

23. thishero

thishero

My brother is a machinist and he had all the scrap metal and tools necessary so we did it ourselves. It really isn't that hard as long as you have the tools and aren't afraid to cut things up. There are quite a few technical articles out there online that can help with any questions. I imagine some here, plus ford-trucks.com has some as well.

24. BEAR

BEAR

mine is up for sale now if you guys know of anyone

25. manyolcars

manyolcars

1960 with a 460

Attached Files:

26. My "kit" consisted of new spring perches, new U-bolts, and a rather ambitious C-notch by yours truly...stock springs...
    [​IMG]
    Took me from this:
    [​IMG]
    To this (same size tires/wheels):
    [​IMG]

27. Some guy suggested putting longer shackles on the rear of the leaf spring to lower the truck a few inches. Not too sure how stable that would be.

28. Same principle as the lift shackles that the Camaro/Nova guys used to use...not a whole lot of room between the shakle and the bed floor, maybe worth a couple inches though...

29. cjmac

cjmac

Just picked up a new 60

Attached Files:

30. mattybear

mattybear

I am new to the forum and thought I would share pics of my '59 That I just bought.
    It has a 390 4bbl with aluminum intake C6 trans and 9" rear along with disc front brakes and added powersteering.
    Currently has some steering issues and Im not quite sure where the steering linkage came from. But it has definitely had the outer tie rods bent.

Attached Files: