Register now to get rid of these ads!

305h-10 comp. cam

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 18436572, Nov 8, 2009.

1. 18436572

Has anyone used this cam? and if so did you like it.... I'm looking to replace my old bumpstick (30-30 Duntov) with something else.
    I have a 355 with a set of sportsman 2 heads, headers,intake,msd, 3000 stall ... so on and so on. I just wondered if the 305H would be too much for the street :confused:

2. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Is there such a thing as too much? Granted that's alot of cam but it sure would sound great but they've been run on the street before. Does your intake match up to the rpms of the cam or come close? If it does , imo I'd say go for it

3. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Every hot rodder should have a motor with too much cam. Well, you ought to do it at least once.

The best advice is to talk to the people on the cam tech line. Maybe call more than one vendor, and see what the general consensus is for your application. The cam companies have a lot of experience with their products, and a vested interest in you being happy with your selection.

4. I have used it several times. it is very similar to the old Sig Erson (Pre Erson) 525H cam. It needs everything right but is brutal when working good. Will rev as much as you want i think. Can go to 7000 although best power is a couple of hundred RPM lower. Needs a short quick distribtor curve. If your a good tuner it will be a killler cam. It should use a bit more converter but it will be drivable with what you have. I pay the extra now to have comp nitride my cams. A oz of prevention and all that. With the lack of good oils I think it is money well spent.
    Don

5. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

tsk tsk...there you guys go with off the shelf cams again. I know for a fact you can get a better cam custom ground to your application and desires for cheaper than that one.

6. brandon

brandon

a 280 magnum or a lunati 292 street master (or what ever those are called) would do probably nicely....granted cam technology has came a long way since those were made. brandon:D

7. brandon

brandon

8. sdluck

sdluck

I vote to have a cam ground based on componets in the engine,I use Dema Elgin.

9. Glen

Glen

amen....I use bullet cams www.bulletcams.com

Heads respond differently....for example my Brodix heads like a split in duration so a 305H would be a terrible idea, no matter how perfect everything else is.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  10. ridin dirty

ridin dirty

Bigger is better and too much is just right!!!!!!!!! LOL I had a 305H in my BBC 396 oval port heads and it felt like a pig compared to to the Crane Cams L88 blueprint cam. Talk to Bullet or UDHAROLD Aka designer of the Voodoo cam line foe Lunati. He is to be found on chevelles.com

11. 18436572

Thanks for the info guys, I'll study the other options given and then make a choice in a week or so.