Register now to get rid of these ads!

What exactly is "Off Topic" around here, anyway...

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by DirtyThirty, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Hmmmm...my thread was "off topic" it seems...a '58 Ranchero with a girl posing with it...WITH clothes on, I might add, albeit few, however, at least as much as in the "Boobs, beers, and hot rods" threads of great fame, and any Badbob picture thread, OR the "Pin-ups girls with tools" thread, which still continues, oddly enough...:rolleyes:

Well, I can only assume that someone must have complained, so, I'll go easy here, especially since I can't even send a p.m. back inquiring because the HAMB will not accept it:

My thread was "off topic" , really??? you mean like Old houses, Ferrari's or old signs????
    Please...:rolleyes:

All I will say, in conclusion is, I'm sorry I obviously offended someone in a certain "clique", because otherwise, I can't figure for the life of me why my thread was yanked, while so many others with PRE-64 cars, AND scantily clad women remain...

Hell...a lot of 'em don't EVEN contain pre-64 cars!

And please don't take this as a gripe...it is a legit question, and since I can't respond to the "thread deleted" p.m., I can't really ask it that way...

Here...I edited it, and re-wrote it with ABSOLUTE CLARITY, for those who cannot, or will not bother to read:

"What is the acceptable criteria for girls posing with cars???"
    No bikini's? Thong? What???

Thanks,
    Mark.

Hell, she didn't even have the dreaded, and oft discriminated against tattoos!:D

Well...I'd love to hear a REAL answer for it...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Not for nothing,,Some of those are just "loaded' and I think they get pulled cause of that..Though far to many just drone on and on..

Would be nice to see as many replies to actual useful stuff,,than just crap.

The drama Threads can all get tossed

as for Ferrari and other non US made cars,,I don't think they older foreign cars should be off limits,,the Hamb seems world wide,,and well not every country had access to a 40 Ford.

Plus much of the Euro technology helped revolutionize the auto industry and cars are cars

3. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

Lets see that Ranchero! Post it here!

4. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Yeah..I've seen some drama ones DEFINTAELY drone on and on...And I try not to, or at least limit my participation in them, too...perhaps over night thats what happened to mine??? Hell...It had nary a bad response when I went to sleep! No controversy then...but???

Anyway, I'll re-post the more tame ones, later for the Dr. Phil crowd...

5. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Also very true...however, if that stretch is o.k., I'm pretty sure a '58 Ranchero is CERTAINLY not much of one...and I've seen PLENTY of girls posing with cars...Oh, well...not the end of my world, just seeking a REAL answer.
    Thanks for the replies...

6. Them damn pumpkins......

7. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

:D:D:D

Maybe only if your from California you can post up pumpkin's????

8. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Well may have been "how the girl looked in teh picture" Think Ryan had mention the server ( or whatever that computer stuff is ) they use
    is very strict on stuff like nudity and such.

9. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

That's my guess, but...the "off topic" form letter was pretty lame...Of course, I'm sure with 70,000 members, or whatever there are now, a personal explaination would be pretty surprising, and very difficult to do for everyone, for everything...

She ( my model ) DID HAVE clothes on, at least as much as I've seen in PLENTY of other threads...Anyway, I was just hoping for a moderator response, or something, because I'd like to post up my pix again, but I'm not exactly sure what I need to do...perhaps a nice flak jacket for the lady?:D

Whatever...

I'll try again later with the less "suggestive" ones...

10. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

NUDITY!!!! NUDITY!!!??? Darn it Ryan, you put that back up here!!!:eek::mad::D:D

11. Special Ed

Special Ed

This is a traditional hotrod forum.

12. chopo

chopo

go figure.......... nice car/truck anyway.

i remember the thread. it had no nudity. nothing vulgar. A pre 65 car, a few wedding photos, a pic of his purdy lady in a nice dress. chrome steel wheels, white walls and black shiny paint.??

13. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Really???:rolleyes:

...oddly, it WAS a traditional hot rod.

Excellent response...:rolleyes:

14. squirrel

squirrel

off topic is whatever the powers that be say it is, at that moment. Don't worry about it, just accept it and go work on your old car

15. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Thank's man!...I'll put the "p.c. safe ones" up again later...
    There are some nice shots.

16. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

Finally!!! can you post a full defintion of that.

17. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

There are over a Billion chinese that do not care one way or the other.

18. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

YUP I feel the same way dude, I started a thread about vintage clothing from the 50's and 60's what people were wearing back in the 50's and 60's at the drags and at the hangouts on the weekend, I thought that would help out in you know dressing the part when cruising the hotrod or dare I say Muscle car, LOL I also ask about a custom 65 gto can it be done or does anybody have pic's of some and I got slap into last week, :rolleyes: I was told the cut off is 64, but yet I see solid alterd 65 gtos on here and custome 66 caddy and bonny, and your right why is this off topic but we can talk about old house, I love talking and learning all about the old days so for me screw this place I'll just keep my mouth shut and not post up anything, It's like the guy with the 55 chevy asking about paint and people are harping on him GFY folks, I'm done going back in my corner with my popcorn, This site will kill it's self in a few years, Oh I do think you have tobe part of "THEIR GROUP" in order to post.:rolleyes: oh just for the record I have a 1965 GTO and 1929 4door, and I will never post a pic on this site after the way I have been treated here.

19. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

That's about what I figured, but I want to put up some of them again, because it's the first time I've tryed my hand at this photog stuff...and, I'd like to get better at it, AND was pretty happy with the pix...but I will just put up the WAYYYYYY safe ones, this time, I guess...

Thanks again for the HELPFUL replies...

20. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

:D:D now thats funny

21. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

+1
    this forum is run by Ryan and his moderators, they determine what is on topic or not...not too hard to grasp. It's his forum plain and simple

22. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Haha...yep...but DAMN...American's sure do!

23. That's a good plan. Stick with that.

24. mustang86

mustang86
    from ohio

don't forget about your neighborhoods!!! WHO THE HELL CARES WHAT YOUR NEIGHBORS ARE LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. chopo

chopo

26. You might make more of an impact by speaking directly to the source of your frustration rather than start a whining thread- all you've done here is find a few other "nay sayers" to make you feel better.

27. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

I'm surprise this thread has not been deleted yet, has nothing to do with rat rods or hotrods or whatever they car this car nodays.:DLOL

28. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Yes...I know.
    What I'd like to know is: WHAT pix, EXACTLY, are a problem, so I can put the others up, since, as far as I can tell, somewhat risque pics of girls and cars ARE accepted...

But, now this thread is getting LONG, STUPID, and no real answer is forthcoming, so, Screw it: delete this too, and let's not waste any more bandwidth, and I'll post some pix of dudes, in full plate armor, with my car instead...

29. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

Yeh but the more people that speak up about this the more maybe they will fix the problem.

30. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I tryed...go back and READ my thread. It would not let me respond to the P.M. No whining at all, just questioning...
    I wasn't looking for any "commrade's, either, if you actually read what I've wrote...

Oh, and I feel fine.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.