Register now to get rid of these ads!

Banger Hill Climb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4bangertroy, Nov 1, 2009.

1. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

Today I went to the Picacho Peak hill climb. It was a blast! Both my son and I had a great time racing and hangin' out with friends! Here is a little video from the day. Sorry its not much, I was usually too busy racing or changin' gears to record much. Enjoy! :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDyyDBs994w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDyyDBs994w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

thats some fine looking machines

3. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

That video is absolutely sensational - thanks for showing to us. I really dig the way everyone is peeling out.

I gotta say it again - you've got one bitchin' coupe.

4. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

you guys get to have all the fun
    thanks Bill

5. Mike

Mike

6. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Thanks for posting, looks great

whats the lenght of the course ??

7. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

The course is 600 feet on a 14% grade.

8. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Looks like as much fun as you can have with your clothes on! Thanks for vid

9. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

what times did you get ?

im guessing thats your A (one in your avatar)

what motor etc.....

Is the climb for bangers or do you have other cars entered

10. looks like a lot of fun! thanks for sharing

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I know that Troy's final time was 10.97, which won his class. I can't remember the speed though, somewhere in the 40mph range. All the cars were banger powered, except mike's tub( see above), which has a 2000cc pinto motor. He showed up to spectate and cheer Troy on, and found out he could run on a time only basis - so he did! What was cool was the variety of engines there. From the stock TT truck in the video to Pete Aardeama's lakes racer with a model "A" block and two Subaru heads grafted together and run as a single overhead cam.One of the most wicked things I have ever heard! bcchopit - Got to remember now that you guys are freezing up there, we're just poking our heads back out after 130 days or so of 110 degree (or better)weather. Driving a roadster or riding a bike in AZ. from mid May to late Sept. is not something you do lightly! One last mention, Troy's son Travis took his first competitive trip in the family race car this weekend, and did a great job at it! Congrats guys!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  12. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Hey Louvers...
    next mouth I get to play in the snow
    [​IMG]

but I still wont to do a hill climb some day.
    hill climb in the snow sounds like fun to me
    stay cool in the SUN...
    later Bill

13. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

Yeah thats my A. It was my grandfathers until he passed away, and I obtained the car when I was 14.
    It has an A block, counterweighted crank, full pressure oil, Weiand head, 4 inch bore, big valves, ross pistons, model B rods, v8 water pump, v8 transmision, Model A halibrand quick change and 2 stromburg 97's
    The hill climb is just for bangers.

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

bcchopit - Looks like fun! Takes a bit more horsepower to spin donuts around here (dry pavement), but we seem to get the job done! I used to spend lots of time in your neck of the woods working, ( Waterbury, Stratford, New London,) sure miss it up there sometimes. Enjoy the cold! Sorry got O/T there.

15. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Very sweet car...
    I just picked up quick change for mine. It needs a new lower shaft. I hope to get the rear under the car over the winter.

16. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

4bangertroy

Thanks for the info,

as said, neat car........ looks like your having fun, which is what it's all about.

17. andyg

andyg

troy....you told me a while back but i have forgotten...what's the cam? 1r or 1u? or something else....glad you got the crank fixed and back running!