Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 chevy trim questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by heritic88, Oct 31, 2009.

1. heritic88

heritic88

so when i bought my coupe the center divider trim on the front glass didnt have anything securing it in does anyone no where i can get the hardware for this, or anything that will work?

2. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

check your local mom&pop type hardware store, you'll need countersunk machine screws, or check ebay

3. I presume then that the steel strip is still on the inside & you are referring to the stainless strip on the outside. I had one apart a couple years ago, I seem to remember having to go up under the dash (inside the car) to remove a nut to get the rest of it to come apart. I will take alook this afternoon and refresh my memory & reply again. :D

4. heritic88

heritic88

ya i have both of them in there i appreciate any and all help u can give i was just lookin at and i didnt know if the screws on the inside somehow secure the outside piece of trim in

5. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Actually the center trim on the outside has the screw, or threaded rod, attached. The inside are hollowed and threaded, long slotted screw headed type mates to the outside threaded rods. The inside screw over the outside threads. Man, I hope I was able to describe this for you.
    Dom

6. TikiBoi13

TikiBoi13
    from San Pedro

On my car it slide onto the rubber then connected to the bottom which was screwed in... That sounds a little off but that is the simpliest way I could explain.

7. heritic88

heritic88

dom, thats kinda what i thought but i wasnt sure. do you think i can get the screws and clips at napa? thanks again to everyone for the help gotta love fellow hambers haha
    Scott