Register now to get rid of these ads!

hanging peddles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yblock292, Oct 29, 2009.

1. yblock292

yblock292

30 roadster highboy will have to run duel master cylinders and hanging peddles , just not enough room for everything on the left side, 32 frame 430 Lincoln and top loader 4 speed, will probably even have to run a hydraulic throw out bearing.Mustang steering box and want to keep the exhaust inside the frame.

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Man I'm with you... that's a lot of stuff to stuff in a roadster!:D

3. rjgideon

rjgideon

Are you asking what hanging pedals are out there? I'm guessing you want the masters under the dash, right?

4. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

there is plenty of room for anything you want. it all depends on how creative you are.

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I've often wondered how in the hell you fill those under the dash master cylinders without spilling the fluid all over the place. Do you have a remote fill and reservoir or what?
    I've got old style thru the floor pedals on my projest and it's a bitch to fit around the pedal arms with the floorboards.
    Dave

6. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

They make some that are like the old VW style peddles that bolt to the floor . Could use under the floor set up like a 40 Ford . Look in the Speedway catalog , they have all kinds of things like that . You could always pay the high price for the fancy street rod crap . The master cylinders that go under the dash work real good . Lots of options , just look at different ones on line or in catalogs and see what would fork best for you . This is hot rodding so you have to make things fit and not always buy ones that are made to fit .

RetroJim

7. Swinging pedals gets my vote in most my builds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  8. I agree. It sure seems like a shitty idea

9. yblock292

yblock292

Thats what i'm looking for , since its a high boy i will have room to mount the master cyl's on the firewall .

10. There's nothing wrong with visible master cylinders on a HOT ROD.

[​IMG]

11. yblock292

yblock292

Whats the set up on the Green coupe?

12. The green coupe has Ansen type pedals, and the master cylinder from an early 60's Chevy/GMC pickup with a stick trans, as half the master is for the clutch. The Ansen pedals I believe are re-popped, and are made to use directly with that master. If you go that route, I believe that master was under the floor in those trucks, and when mntd on the firewall (opposite direction from it's intended use)the dutys are reversed, so you'll have to take the residual check valve out of the brake side (it's marked brake-clutch) because THAT side will now apply the clutch

13. yblock292

yblock292

Thanks appriciate the info! Going after'um..

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Groucho, years ago I had a '62 Chev 3/4 ton p'up and IIRC that dual cylinder was on the firewall like it is on your green car.
    My roadster was started by someone else from a Brookville body and rolling chassis package. The 39/40 Ford setup was already in it, so I decided to use it. But tell you what, by the time I got thru fitting sheetmetal around those damn pedal arms, I was wishing I had jerked those damn old style pedals out and hung swinging pedals with fire wall mounted cylinders.
    Dave

15. fitzee

fitzee

This is interesting.Have a gasser project this might be the right plan for.Any more pics of setups like this?

16. fleetside66

fleetside66

[​IMG]I installed Wilwood hanging pedals, with the M/C's on the outside. There's no need for a proportioning valve because the pedal set-up has an integral balance bar, or a residual valve because of the M/C height. They're a bit pricey & a P.I.A. to install & brace, but they seem to have worked out O.K. after all was said & done.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

17. Really if you can find a car you can slice into, most hanging pedal setups are similar to one another, they use the same bolt patterns on the firewall side. Just a matter of how old as to what the pedals look like.

They can be ugly but if you spend a lot of time with your legs in the air to look under the dash to see it you're probably concerned much more with some other activity at that moment.

18. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

19. kirby1374

kirby1374

Visible master cylinder......invisible engine...lol! :D

20. Glen

Glen

21. Fogger

Fogger

Lucky's set up is an improved version of the old Ansen hanging pedals. Much better reinforced and comes with the master and brake light switch.

22. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

These are expensive but Neal hydraulic pedals are way cool,I've used in stock cars and off road buggies,you might find used on flea bay or an off road classified site.

23. Glen

Glen

Here is a PDF with the details.

http://www.drive-topless.com/Pedal Features.pdf

24. What about a hanging peddle system w/o the clutch? What kind of master would you use?

25. Are the 60'S Truck master cylinders still availble at parts stores? Who has them?

26. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I put Swingers in mine. 3 masters all under the dash of my T RPU

[​IMG]

27. titus

titus

yes they are, all of em have em, cardone part number 10-34404, or they should be able to cross the number, they are available reman or new.

heres a pic of the pedal assembly i sell, $125 shipped, master is not included.

JEFF

Attached Files:

28. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

good looking set up--almost looks comfortable. I'm waffling right now about whether I can fit my fat ass in and work three pedals with it chopped and channeled--I'm not as spry as last time I built it.