Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 Sacramento Autorama - SUEDE PAVILION

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KIRK!

KIRK!

Hey Axle, can I get apps for both shows? I'm trying to get the Legion Special done in time!

2. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Yeah, it would be hard to beat last year's. That was a custom lover's dream.

Axle, Do you know if they are they planning any sort of 'featured' make/event/theme for this year's Autorama?
    It sure brought the show a lot more status/coverage.

3. chopt49

chopt49

My '49 WILL make this show, should be the first public showing. Can not wait!

4. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Cool.Can't wait.

5. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

I will be at the SUEDE PAVILION for sure this year Axle, If things go well it will be the One Eyed Roadsters first show of the year.

6. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Yeah...its sure does. The motel room was alot more comfortable though. Lookin forward to this one, Axle puts on a helluva show.

7. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

cant wait for this show it rules

8. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

cool Axle just approved both the Buick and truck ......

9. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

Axle,
    What will the the times and dates for the drive in suede part of the show be? In case I don't get the Roadster done in time? I can at least make that part... Lot of our club members said, that part of the show was real Kool....

10. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Saw John Buck at Bailon's Blast and committed the Poor Boys for the show. I haven't taken a head count yet but I'm sure we'll have a half dozen there this year. As soon as I find out I'll post pictures of the rides.

11. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Just went to the web site and copied the info for the show. Here is the link to get your registration form:

http://www.rodshows.com/sa/index.html

It is $50 for all three days and the awards will be on Saturday for the Suede Pavillion.

Ticket Prices

• $18.00 General Admission (13 years and up)
    • $10.00 Kids (6 – 12 years)
    • 5 & under Free
    Parking

$10.00 General. Parking at the Main Gate as well as the East Gate off of Exposition Blvd.
    Show Times

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=400 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=72 height=30>Friday</TD><TD width=122 height=30>February 19, 2009</TD><TD width=206 height=30>12:00 pm until 9:00 pm</TD></TR><TR><TD height=30>Saturday</TD><TD height=30>February 20, 2009</TD><TD height=30>10:00 am until 9:00 pm</TD></TR><TR><TD height=30>Sunday</TD><TD height=30>February 21, 2009</TD><TD height=30>10:00 am until 7:00 pm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Locations

Buildings A, B, C, D, Expo Center 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & Surrounding Areas.
    Show Facts (celebrities and features subject to change)

• The Sacramento Autorama is now in its 60th year. The Sacrament Autorama is “The Kustom Capital of the World” and boasts being home to one of longest running indoor car shows in the world.
    • Over 450 show vehicles will compete for awards inside the Cal Expo buildings. Up to another 400 vehicles will join the event Saturday for the 4th Annual Autorama Drive-In
    • Watch and bid on artwork created by the best Pin Stripers in the nation at the Autorama Panel Jam.
    • Live Music all three days inside The Suede Pavilion (D Bld) as well as our Autorama DJ (Cruise Inc.) spinning the best records for your enjoyment.
    • The Autorama Awards ceremony starts at 4:00pm on Sunday. The 2010 Custom d’Ellegance will be crowned along with the newest King of Kustoms and many others. The event will be featured in magazines and televeision.
    Show Move In

Vehicles
    Thursday February 18, 2010 at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, or 2:00 pm
    Host Hotel

Courrtyard by Marriott
    1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento CA 95815
    916-929-7900
    Other Accomodations

The Cal Expo RV Park -
    916-263-3187
    (Onsite Cal Expo facility)

12. studhud

studhud

Axle great show last year the merc room was amazing! Cant wait for this year. This show kicks ass over the old SF rod and custom show. I'll be there. Thanks in advance for your hard work!
    Dave Hitch

13. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks guys. Applications will go out asap. Axle

14. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Sherry, you have a PM

15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

As 2010 will celebrate the Sacramento Autorama's 60th anniversary i believe John Buck plans on doing something very special in that building like house previous winners - similar to what was done at GNRS last year. Stay tuned for more info ;)

16. Chopperman

Chopperman

tried to attend last year but got DENIED

Would like enter the same two cars again this year...

I will send in forms AGAIN:confused:

Attached Files:

17. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

yes

18. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

There is a aplcation form in this post <

your cars still have to be aproved!!!

19. hi everybody

hi everybody
    from California

when is the panel jam goin? how does one go about getting into that thing?

20. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Contact T J Pagano from the Poorboys. 916-549-2989. He's the main organizer of that.

21. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Since we're in the tent building again this year, and rumor has it that the panel jam is moving over there, how many cars can be inside? 30-35?

I assume that will mean clubs will be limited to how many cars they can get in the show?

22. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hi Bruce, just like our Suede Pavilion at the Pomona GNRS we only have so much space and try to get 1-3 cars per club in the building each year. The following year different cars from all clubs go in, the year after that yet a few more different cars go in, and so on, and so on. Everyone gets their turn eventually. I realize that some would rather have one huge building to house everyone at the same time but then it seems people would see the same cars year after year after year. This does work out and make everyone happy at the GNRS and hope everyone attending the Sacramento Autorama Suede Pavilion understands and is willing to continue bringing out your awesome rides.
    With given more space next to the stage and in the hallway that separates D tent from C building i think we get to push closer to 40 cars total. Hope the Poorboys will bring a few cars out and display them up front and against the wall - just like last year.

Don't forget everyone, we're still doing the Suede Drive In right outside and all around the Tent.

23. str8Pipe65's

str8Pipe65's

sounds like another great show

24. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Hey Axle,
    I am interested in attending the Sac show.
    Actually I'd do the GNRS too but it's probably filled already.

Anyway these are some older shots of my RPU.
    Right now its in a million pieces,
    the frame is getting a refurb and i've got some pieces at the nickel-plate shop.
    [​IMG]
    It's always had a heavy patina cause I parked it outside in the fog,
    so it will be different having some shiny stuff on it.
    [​IMG]
    It would be an honor to have it in one or both of your shows.
    [​IMG]

thanks!

travis perich
    [email protected]

25. Cruiser

Cruiser

Well, 37Zep "It's said, you can never go home again" everything changes and sometimes it's for the better and sometime not. I fell the same way about Paso, Santa Maria is great and whole new show but it's not Paso. I guess, where in the same boat, so move over and give me some room. Went to the Sac show couple of years back and it was a fantastic show, will try to be there in 2010.:D

CRUISER :cool:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  26. James66g

James66g

I am sending in my apps this week had to get another printer cartridge to get pics of my ride for the envelope! got the online approval but cant wait to show my ride at the show I grew up going to with my dad!

27. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Travis, what an awesome roadster ! Send me a PM and give me your mailing address so we can get an application sent to you! Thanks, Axle

28. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

lets go !!!!!!!! it si a bitchin roadster

29. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Back on top

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.