Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Surfer Style Wagons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shawn F., Nov 26, 2008.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

it's getting there...

Attached Files:

2. im jealous...

3. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

No doubt the guys in the pic are "non-surfers" now :D too.

I drive my wagon fron Ohio to the East Coast, so, I'm not allowed to have a surf / boogie board? :eek:

4. KRUZIN62

KRUZIN62

Here's another one from my fleet. 1966 Dodge A-100 "Sportsman" short wheel base, window van ("Family Wagon" camper kit). Factory "273" V-8 (2-barrel carb) with automatic (727 Torqueflight). Heavy duty 8 3/4" rear end with 3.55 gears. Has the cool automatic shifter on the dashboard and REDLINES! Originally from California. Currently on Egay....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

This will be my surf wagon/push truck/daily driver soon. Needs a little work as of now.

Attached Files:

6. COLIN T

COLIN T
    from London, UK

Ohio to the East Coast, good for you...:)
    I am not criticising non-surfers...I like surf culture and have several Jan & Dean cds...and I live in the UK...Cool...

Colin

7. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

great pic keep them coming

8. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

FYI, This picture was taken at PCH & Main St. in Huntington Beach CA. otherwise known as "Surf City USA". My guess is REAL surfers in this one.

9. This is my old surf wagon back in 1970. :)
    '37 Buick hearse.
    Photo taken at Mt Maunganui beach NZ.

[​IMG]

10. Honest Charlie

Honest Charlie
    from Pa.

They look real to me, cool shot.

11. killer-D

killer-D

Here is one I redone for my mother inlaw Kim Coker.

Attached Files:

12. killer-D

killer-D

Here are a few.I am from Flatwoods,Ky and I am the BLUEGRASS BEACHBUM..lol

Attached Files:

13. Mine's just a wannabe...

Attached Files:

14. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

Heres mine surfboard is inside..
    *hang on*

15. the boards are in the garage ! no ho-dads ! my beach !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  16. russ1403

russ1403

love the pics..especially the vintage shots..heres some i found somewhere on the net

Attached Files:

17. Yes it is the same car...........

18. russ1403

russ1403

19. Living here in Galveston Tx Ive been around the beach and surf rods my whole life from vw square backs fords chevy etc. ive always wanted to build one but havent found the right wagon yet..

20. guy1unico

guy1unico

All we need is a surfboard or two or three....

Attached Files:

21. Modmach1

Modmach1
    from Norway

My 1964 Chevy Bel Air Stationwagon that i bought as an all tru original car in Huntington Beach, California in 2008.
    After i got it to Norway i gave it the Surfstyle threatment with roof rack, Astro supremes, lowering job, surfboard, all the decals and other stuff.
    [​IMG]

22. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

my old surf wagon, switched to a truck now cause its better for my boards!! :)I am definitely in the market for a 54 chev wagon in the future (just gotta finish the truck)[​IMG]

23. poolmike

poolmike

My old '64 Austin Mini Countryman. I miss this car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Man I love this delivery! :D:D:D:D:D:D

25. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

Is that why she's smiling with her legs crossed?....nice wagon....
    Your posts are always entertaining.....trade my western pa. childhood memories for yours anyday !!!

26. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

You know didnt want to say this but..
    to the guys who dont get the whole surf wagon thing
    ...we didnt ask you to get it and regardless if you like it or think it lame
    dont really care ..hhmm we like it its ours ..our thing... dont like it go back to your car or your page ..hit the back up button and hey look at that your no longer here

its a feel good car and culture...same as whatever YOUR INTO
    thought we were all supposed to be hotrodders here...

27. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Any of you Sally girls who think the surf wagon look can't be done anywhere but the beach need to get a life. Get over yourselves and stop trying to be original by making everyone conform to your rules. Go into politics where this sort of behavior is the norm. Hot rodders are a unique group who build a style and live a style and don't give 2 shits what the man thinks. Keep the surf wagons coming. We need more people to take a chance and build their dream. Where will the traditions of tomorrow come from if everyone keeps pointing fingers saying "You can't do that, you aren't part of this." Hell most of us weren't even alive during the fifties but still love the era. Never surfed a day in my life but hey I'm not the one driving a jacked up 4 X 4 in downtown LA am I. Catch a wave dudes :cool:

Very cool rides in this post - Keep'm coming

28. Surfnshorts

Surfnshorts

[​IMG]
    This is my 1965 Ford Fairlane. Most people say it's ugly then sin. It doesn't stand out too much. It's an undesirable car. It doesn't have stupid tiki ad ons. It's not very collectible even though it's a one year body style. It doesn't rock chrome dripped caps or rims, just simple dog dishes from that year. No nostalgic flathead,rare 409, or gas guzzling big block....just a tired 289 where parts can still be found real easy. Mechanically it's an overweight mustang. No tuck'n'roll. (Have you ever tried to get sand out from tuck'an'roll). This is a surfer's wagon and not a surf wagon.
    My 65 fairlane is not allowed at most shows I like to go (It doesn't meet the pre-64 criteria) It's segregated into the parking lot with mass society and greaser/scenester wannabes (even though a flat black 59 buick or a chopped primered caddy is considered "old school" but a 65 mustang in diamond tuck, with mags, wooden steering wheel is looked down upon) Either way, I'd never put it in a show. I guess if you'd like to scenester my 65 fairlane up... primer it, put red rims and whitewalls/ astros, mexican blankets, dummy lights, and add on stupid accessories because "that's what they did back in the day" they might let it in or pass it as a 64.
    Sorry boards go inside and not on the top. They are not always with the car. Yes, it does have a "Stamp out Hodads" sticker and so does the tat on my leg. She can be noticed sometimes but tends to blend which is perfect. It's not always good to stand out a surf spot especially if you don't surf there.
    My fairlane just recently drove across the USA to Florida. In May she's cruising the entire east coast and then driving back to the South Bay in CA without complaints. I guess this hits the note of "Surfing USA"

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  29. Kopper Kaballero

Kopper Kaballero
    from Tracy,CA

120% Totally Awsome!!!!!!

30. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

post #240 is what i have wanted to say since i first saw this thread...well done!