Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Hot Rod With No Name

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Neato...:)

I was half expecting to see a tube chassis car with a nice cage by the time I arrived at this page.

Really digging the wheels and are those m/c tires? tell me more.

[​IMG]

[subscription added] :cool:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  2. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

No frame rails up & over? What do yo have in mind cage wise? Something special supporting the tin back there?

If you get me asking questions it means I like it. A lot! ;)

3. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Yep. I've got the main hoop and lower funny car cage supports in, just need to take photographs. I've also got the drives seat mounted. I've also got the upper body mounts in (yes, I said upper). The rear section will be a bit like Psycoholic, but without the upper rear braces. Everything will be kept within the body, so from the street, it'll look like a hot rod with a Hemi. No one will suspect what lurks within. *evil grin*

4. S.F.

S.F.

Cool parts, cant wait to see it Finished

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

I can't wait to see more pictures ....... I'm about to take my unemployment check of $200.00 and buy gas and drive up there so I can sit in the corner and watch you guys at work, and then I'll sleep in my Ranger at night.

6. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

More pics more pics!!!! I am loving the direction this thing is going!

7. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Here's what I accomplished today: Main hoop, lower funny car cage support, seat bracket, and upper body mounts, and a ton of welding and GuyOnTheHAMB whipped up the wishbone. I have the outer rear funny car cage bar made, but I'm going to wait and put it in tomorrow. I'm beat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

That's what I really like about you, you know how a cage is supposed to fit. None of this "two inches between tube and panel" crap. Nice work.

9. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

For those that won't see it at the Hunnert tomorrow in our booth:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tube work is looking INSANE Kevin!! AWESOME!!

Quick question (or maybe not so quick). Looking at the pictures below, I see something I've never seen done before: a fifth link. I'm assuming this is what keeps the rear positively located in place of a panhard bar. I'm scratching my head a little though. How does this work without binding when you have a 4-link system running at the same time where the links are not parallel? I can't quite make out what's going on under the 3rd member where it's mounting. Looks awesome! Tell me how this works! Looks brutally strong, like everything else!

Friggin' genius!

11. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Wishbone. 1 tube with a rod end is mounted to the rearend, that tube slides inside the tube in the middle of the "V" We have the same setup on our promod.

12. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aaaaa! Okay! Got it! Pretty neat!! Thanks!

13. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

14. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Kevin, You are one sexy bitch!

I mean, That chassis is looking great!

Umm..:eek:

15. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

Damn! Beautiful work, beautiful...........

Al in CT

16. Django

Django
    from Chicago

If you were at the Pileup, it was there as a roller in our booth.

[​IMG]

17. FatDave

FatDave

I'm agree.

You may have to lower the rear end to make your lines work... and keep a hood on it.

18. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

It's getting a '28-29 Model A shell and radiator.

19. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Awsome fab work! I've been tossing around the idea of putting a 4 link or ladder bars in my Tudor. Was pretty much set on the ladder bars, now I can't decide anymore. Damn!

20. I love it! Tube work looks great. I brought it up over in the Psychoholic thread, I have a severe hatred for dead tubing nodes such as at the bottom of the funny car hoop, but if No Hot Rods Allowed goes for it, I guess it works.

21. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kevin, did you decide on what valve covers or is it top secret??

22. Can a brother get a little more info on the pedals!?!?!?! Good looking setup. Need to do something like this on my '46 PU!

Muncie 4-speed and disc/drum!

23. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

What do you mean? I'm lost.

24. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Not sure yet. He's thought about Jr. Thompson ones. But I'm still looking for those elusive SHARP Hemi valve covers.

25. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

What do you want to know? I made them.

26. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been looking for them for you also. I'm coming up completely dry man! Sorry! :(:( I've ALSO been keeping my eyes open for the Weiand covers that were brought up. STILL don't know if those are just a myth or not.

There was a guy on the Hemi valve cover thread that had some IMPERIALS with dimples. Totally one-off covers. Maybe that's a thought, if he's looking for something different. Just so happens there is a HAMBer on the board that works in deep drawing. Let me know if this is something of interest and I'll give you his info.

Wow... custom tins for early Chryslers would be neat!!

27. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

That would be awesome. Hmmmmm, Victory Hemi valve covers...... Interesting....

Then again, I don't even what to think about how much it would cost to have the dies made to stamp those!

28. AHotRod

AHotRod

Drool ...................................................... dog-gone-it, I made a mess.

29. A dead node is when a tube intersects with another but the load from that tube isn't carried through with another tube on the other side. So it forms a "T" instead of a "+". Basically, you want to continue the forces through to spread them out as best as you can.

30. Man she's purdy, Kevin. Nice to see her in person at the pileup! Thanks for sharing!