Register now to get rid of these ads!

Willys Gasser build pics....from the 60's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Dec 14, 2006.

1. ro51_hemi

ro51_hemi
    from York,Pa

2. scrape

scrape

dang thats cool....
    is it tha pics or is the color a little more red????

3. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Wow. In some groups you get slammed for reviving old threads....thanks for keeping this one going.

4. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Outstanding Pictures.. :eek:

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

WOW!!

I bet Kiwi was a little emotional seeing the old car after all these years, I know I would be. That is awesome. Always loved seeing the writeup on this car and all his other SoCal drag car builds/stories.

6. it really tripped me out seeing it driving at famosa! i havent seen this car since i was a kid, and it was around my area!

7. nutajunka

nutajunka

Awsome! What more can a person say?

8. Clutched

Clutched

Wow that is so rad! cant wait to see what Kevin has to say about the car.

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That would be like finding a Willy's like that for about 11 grand these days. :eek: Don't you just want to kick yourself?
    Doc.

10. It was great seeing my old friend again after 19 years. Kinda strange really. I was a little nervous thinking I was gonna be embarrassed but it looked pretty good. It looked basically the same but a darker color. Different wheels, engine, trans', some roll cage mods, fuel cell, new dash and some little stuff but the basic roller is still the same. I was glad that the guy I sold it to raced it quite a bit at Goodguys meets in Nor Cal. I had a few flashbacks when I sat inside, alot of good memories! I'm glad it's in good hands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

caseyajones and hotrodtodd1960 like this.
  11. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

I don't think eleven grand would touch that in today's world.

I would have one by now if it did.

12. c57heaven

c57heaven

Thanks for the story with pics. Feeling ill here today and this sure made me feel a bit more energized.

13. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Kev!
    Thanks so much for coming to the Solo Speed Shop hang out. You & Vic made it a hit! Also tks for posting the cool pics, You gotta come back & hang out when you get the time. It's so cool to hear about the Orange Plus Willys first hand! Take Care! Bill

14. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

You guys are NUTS! So cool. Old threads never die. Thanks.

15. 55xgasr

55xgasr

Seen recently at the SOLO Speed Shop hangout - think he goes by the name "HAPPY".........Vic that's one CQQL dude.

Attached Files:

16. the shadow

the shadow

the car looks great the only problem is his wheels don't match....don't you have a set of slots you could sell him to complete the package!LOL;)

...ya know after reading this thread I have to say, every time I think I see something cool or attend a new nostalgia event or car show out here on the right coast I end up reading a post like this that reminds me that "we aint got sh*t" out here in the east!

were just a bunch of west coast wannabe's all we have is:
    rain/snow/slush/short race & show seasons/ & RUST!

1940Willys likes this.
  17. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Shadow!
    Grab A U-Haul Truck Load It Up & Move To The West! If You Get Lucky Enough To Move To CA You May Have A Earth Quake! Get In A Nasty Fire! & Possibly Get Involved In A Drive by Shooting All In One Day! LOL We Are Spoiled Out Here With Cool Cars! I Have Seen Some Very Cool Stuff From The East Also! Plans Are Orig Kidney Beans Frt Runners For Front & Leaving The Mag Americans On Back Of Orange Plus! Tks For The Interest!
    Bill

18. swilly572

swilly572

Great thread!!! I can't wait to build one myself. Almost finished with a 55' post gasser, Willys someday...

19. CalGasser

CalGasser

Hey Shadow,

We have four seasons here too - fire season, flood season, earthquake season and of course, the riot season...:eek: Like Bill said, load up a U-haul and come help us pay the high taxes!

:cool::D:eek::(:confused::mad:Vic

20. must85

must85

i have this pic of a 56 that looks very similar to the one posted next to the willys is it the same car if so got any more info on it
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  21. Cshabang

Cshabang

yeah...thats Kevs old 56...i dont have info but im sure he'll chime in...bad ass car indeed

22. must85

must85

that pic made me sell my malibu to build a 56 2dr sedan that pulls the tires on the street .

23. From May 1986 New Zealand Hot Rod magazine...........23 years ago:eek:. DAMN time flies when you're getting old!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

caseyajones likes this.
  24. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Must have been a tough call when you sold that one Kev. I love the pics of it in black primer on the trailer in the 60's build up pics.

25. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Kev...Why do all your cars yank the front wheels....:D

26. must85

must85

that is one bad ride

27. I'll have one of these ...poster size please...

28. GASSERGUY

GASSERGUY

Hey Kev,

Great photos!

Ernest
    GASSER Magazine

29. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Damn man, this thread never gets old... Willys coupe is also my dream car...but the cost to buy one is way way beyond my reach. Kev, you are AWESOME man. I sure wish I would have been smart enough to take pictures of the stuff I have built/owned over the years as well as buddies rides. I think it was cool as hell to read that your willys was found, brought back out, and you got to see it again. GOOD STUFF!!!!

30. 55xgasr

55xgasr

Thanks KIWI Kev......I got a nice surprise in the mail the other day: The original Kellison scoop that he removed when he went to the Garlits faux Injection setup. Also got the original KIWI Kev drilled clutch pedal to match the brake pedal. CQQL. The scoop will be some work to get grafted back on the hood/front but hope to have it done sometime in the future.

Thanks buddy!

Attached Files:

caseyajones likes this.