Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods need your opinion about selling my hot rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saltflataddict, Oct 21, 2009.

1. steeljunkieII

steeljunkieII

Bring that thing to my shop now. I'll fix that thing for free. Better yet, I have a trailor and will get it. PM me please.

2. Way to go SteeljunkieII!!! Now there is a deal one can't turn down. Should help solve the problem. Hope everything turns out ok.
    Feel bad for you but I know times are hard now and many of us face similar situations. Given time it will get better......keep the faith.:):)

3. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Nice. If he were close, I would happily do what I can to help. But snide comments are money in the bank. Thanks W!

4. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

saltflataddict,

Sounds like steeljunkieII will help with the welding (way to go steeljunkieII!)-I'll buy you the kingpin kit if you'll tell me what you need-

5. steeljunkieII

steeljunkieII

I got my pm I go look at it to night to see what i need

6. That's awesome for you to take time out to help a brother, yep too cool

7. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

HAMB power!!!....Way to help each other....nice to see...

8. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I'm just a few hours north so if ya need anything post it on this thread and I can see what I can scrounge up too.

9. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

Now this is whats cool HAMB power for sure.

10. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That rules.

11. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

New king pin kit headed your way man...hang in there!!

12. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

This is what hot rodding was like back in the day!
    What a great bunch of guys.

13. wow. good job guys.

14. BIG APE

BIG APE

rEADING THESE TYPE OF THREADS SURE MAKES A CAR GUY FEEL HE BELONGS. HAMMERS ALWAYS SEEM TO WANT TO HELP. IF EVERYBODY REACTED THIS WAY WHAT A WORLD IT WOULD BE. CUDO'S TO THE GUYS THAT HELPED. THE BIG APE

15. BoulevardBomber

BoulevardBomber

You guys Rock !!! wtg

16. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

yup. awesome.

17. Guys I couldn’t be more thankful for all your generosity I never in a million years expected that from my post, but I will always be grateful. I have received a few really nice offers for help and I thank each and every one of you, I feel real bad accepting these offers and they are appreciated very much so. It sucks having to let go of something that you put so much time and effort into along with the help and guidance of my old friends up north whom without I would never ever have been able to pull off (sorry Deek to have to sell this awesome labor of love you helped me build I never thought this day would come I know we haven’t spoken in years but I do hope all is well with you and your family) I really do appreciate all the support from you guys even when I haven’t been on here for a long time its good to see and feel the love of the Hamb, I really never expected these acts of kindness and just was looking for suggestions on how to sell. But I am very thankful. - cheers- Mike

18. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Mike,

Change that signature to something more positive, clean up the house and shop, then have a garage sale. Like siad before, if you don't need it to eat, sleep, or feed and shelter the family, it can help. Set your car aside for now and put on the best perspective you can. Better prospects are around every corner, but they seldom open for the man draggin' ass and wallowing in pity. Stand up straight and take care of business.

19. It's cool that you have a way to get your car fixed!!! Get 'er fixed and get your family back on track financially. You should be able to get the $$$ for your car, once that axle issue is fixed up. Good on the Utah HAMBers that have stepped up to help!

20. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you need to borrow a little inverter stick welder (110 /220), let me know. Assuming they haven't turned off his power yet. . .

21. Blue

Blue

Absolutely!!

22. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

X2 brotherhood of the hotrod

23. falfas55

falfas55

I feel your pain,I may have to sell mine too.These damn bills pile up faster than i can pay them.Do like some the guys say,and try to sell parts or collectables you may lying around.Do fix the car before you try to sell it. It will bring you more money.Good Luck.FALFA

24. dudley32

dudley32

Everyone's down from time to time...never feel bad about someone's
    generosity...that is actually what we all should do...and there's where
    all the lasting relationships are built..

25. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

Man finds his true self while standing at the edge of the abyss.

Everytime I hit trouble I remember that quote.

Because it makes you stronger and builds character.

When all else fails.....

Fuck it. This too shall pass!

Best luck to you!!

26. hemifarris

hemifarris

Well said.......

27. After your all fixed up, I'd offer the car to the people who helped me build it first. Give them the first pass on it, that would be the respectful thing to do, even if you haven't spoken to them in years.

To all those who helped out when he needed it, you are all fucking awesome and each one of you deserves a pat on the back. Cheers to you all.

28. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yaaaay!!!...seriously...Yaaaaaaay!!!!

29. steeljunkieII

steeljunkieII

Got her loaded on the trailor. Went well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It will be a King Pin party at the junkie's.
    The car is very well built, just needs some touch ups.

30. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

This is wonderful, the way this is turning out. I hope the rest works out too. I agree on the signature change, post up something positive brother. Ask, and ye shall recieve. That's how this ole world works man. Don't get down and wallow in pity, get out and take charge, ask around, it's that easy. Sounds like a good time to catch up on some past friendships too. Take care of yourself and your family and if you need anything else, just ask. Steven.