Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Metal Flake-Hellion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rough Stock, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

Local Houstonian, James Cole has one of the coolest full flake customs I have ever seen. It is a very clean and simple 48 Chevy, but it blows my mind everytime I see it. I find myself staring at it and can't seem to pull my eyes away from it for very long. Everytime I see it, I find a new shade or tone of color that I hadn't seen in it before; I have yet to see a color on it that I don't like. The paint is PPG "Emerald City"

James and a few of his close buddies started a car club called the Hellions. This group of guys is helping to drive the scene here in the Gulf Coast state. They have thier second annual car show coming up next February; and after only one year it is being called one of the years "do not miss" shows in the south. The gathering is called the Texas Hotrod Hoedown. More info will be available here on the HAMB. I'm sure someone will post something here about it.

Enough about all that. Here are some pic.s I took of James' car at the Metal Flake Drive In hosted by Magic, this last weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

I always wondered what had inspired James to go with this family of colors. Then, right after lunch, it hit me...

[​IMG]

ofcoarse, I am only kidding.

3. Gator

Gator

4. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

5. Lucky444

Lucky444

If those pics are that amazing, I can only imagine what that paint job looks like in person, in the sun!

Nice.

6. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

That paint job is killer.

The car one, not the porta-potty one.

7. James66g

James66g

Gorgeous! Man that thing is awesome!

8. Wow, it's intense in such a subtle way. Beautiful.

9. Big Tony

Big Tony

Killer paint.... one angle its black...then blue....then green and all three look bad ass

10. Tyrell

Tyrell
    from 203

is that the same car????

11. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

Here's one I took of it at Them's 2nd Hotrod Invasion in Dallas, Tx. This is the only picture I got of it at this particular show. I vowed to get more the next time I saw it in the sunlight.

[​IMG]

12. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

and, just a little side note about James' 48... It gets driven. He drove it to Dallas for the Invasion. It was of no surprise when it won "Best In Show" (except for the fact that Nadine was at that show too, along with 10 other deserving contestants). TThat is saying alot; when you know the quality of the cars that showed up to the Invasion show. I have been side by side w/ the with this car at 85+mph on Highway 59 here in Houston. This custom has no problem with the word go.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  13. Big Nick

Big Nick

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Damn, hot damn!!!!

15. Magic

Magic

That is one of the finest cars ever, and every time you look at it its a different color, man it was an honor to have it at the Metal Flake Drive In for every one to see and listen to all the coments. You should be exceptionally proud of that car James it is off the hook.

16. skyrodder

skyrodder

the interior is pretty sweet too

17. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

That made paint job me dribble!:D:D:)

Nick.

18. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

I'm lovin' that flake.

19. eliguzman

eliguzman

that flake is insane!!! who painted it?

21. wow very cool. and he's rollin with his dog!

22. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

I have seen the car a number of times here in the Houston area. Very nice car. I even did a painting of it.

BR

23. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Flawless! I have to see this car person. That flake job is the shit! No relation the prior picture of the porta potty.

24. Very nice car indeed. You guys in Houston have a great eye for doing it right...

25. checkoutmyink

checkoutmyink

Wow thanks for all the compliments from everyone... It makes you enjoy your car even more when others tell you how they enjoy seeing it!!! Thanks Greg for all the pics and kind words.
    Hey Lowcab i would love to see that painting...

26. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

How is it painted on everything other than the outer surface? ....is the dash / interior trim flaked also? What about under the hood?

27. jb2wheeler

jb2wheeler

That is EXACTLY the paint job I have been wanting. This is the first time I have found a car to show to my future painter (need money first). Any way to find more particulars on how to duplicate the paint job? JB

28. aldixie

aldixie

Every time I see that car I think wow. First time I think was at the shady tree tavern, then the Invasion up in Dallas and the last show in League city. It's a driver thats for sure.

29. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Definitely awesome paint, the stance is absolutely perfect on that car....James good to have met you at the the show

30. Deadender60

Deadender60

Dig the car!

That used to be owned by Jesse Cruz of Salinas... Jesse Cruz is Don Orosco's painter, and he's also painted stuff for Cole (like Kirk's 36).. Good dude!

Jesse sold the car to guy named Val locally (who I'm guessing sold it to you?)

Here's a shot of it at the Round-Up (2008)

http://deadendmagazine.com/may09_page107-108.html

Glad to see it painted!

-Juan