Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs ***My first Shoebox chop for my first customer...Thanx Omar for trusting me!!***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ian Berky, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, yes...yes! Ian, you don't know me from Adam...I'm just a hack hot rodder from Michigan, but I want to echo the other guys here, and just say that I'm proud of my fellow hamber Mr. Ian! Thankyou for sharing each step along the way...now we're learnin' from you! Let me add that even though some say they don't care for radical chops, I've always loved'em...so cool. It's obvious that you take great pride in your work...that's even cooler. If I ever paid to have one of my cars chopped, I would pray that it'd be done by someone with a perfectionist-type work-ethic such as yours. This is no bs...I read an article in a rod mag showing a "professional" doing a straight 3" chop on a late forties Chevy coupe, and he didn't demonstrate near the attention to detail that you do. Don't ever change. It's also heartening to see a guy follow his dream and do good...you're "cuttin" out a profession for yourself for the rest of your life! God-bless you and yours, and good luck in everything you do......:).....Rick

2. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

WOW Rick!! Thanx so much brotha!! I'm just another guy trying to learn from the internet and i think the right thing to do is to just do the same... share!! :)

It means a lot to get this kind of response from guys on the other side of the country or the world!!:eek: It totally motivates me to keep doing what WE do and get better at it!!

Much love brotha!!:)

Ian

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Are you going to the Hot Rod Reunion in Bako?

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

By the way, Ian. I believe that if you can do such a nice job on a shoebox with compound curves, you'll have no problem doing a '32 or such.

5. chopsnrodz55

chopsnrodz55

Wow. Looks amazing. Keep up the great work. I hope to get to that point someday.

6. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

No Im not , But for sure once i get the chevy back i'll be everywhere there is a car show, all you guys we'll be sick of me!!:D LOL!!

I love the galaxie but i think it might be for sale soon, i have a 41 chevy lined up and that's gonna be next!!:)

I'm a little scared of attempting something straight and square, with a round chop you can improvise and make things flow better and you can get away with some..... but square??? I'm not there yet!! I wouldnt wanna mess up a good car!!

7. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx man!! Just go at it!!:) you will if you give it a shot!! :)

Ian

8. jgang

jgang
    from hamburg ny

super nice chop. keep up the great work and thanks for inspiring all of us. cant wait to see more of this thread.
    regards

9. houston

houston

great work! perfect lines!.

subscribed to thread

10. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx a lot man!! :)

Thanx Houston!!

11. csclassics

csclassics

The chop looks GREAT!!!! I was checking out pics of your Chevy...AWESOME !!!! I've always wanted an early 50's chopped chevy..think its going to be my next project.
    You do great work!!!

12. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Hey thanx man!! Ive been feeling down for the last few days and im not kidding. My chevy left my home for paint in kansas many weeks ago then i flew there to hang out with Jeff, the painter, then we took her to Okie for upholstery and I miss her so much, man that's just weird:(. I haven't got any update pics and i think that's why i feel so down. I worked on that car every single day for 22 months and now i'm lonely even though im working on other people's stuff, Im fucking lonely! I don't even feel like she's mine anymore:(
    Just like being dumped by the girl you love so much!! I have never experienced shit like this........ I don't like it!!

Thanx for listening!! :D

Ian

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  13. speedmetal

speedmetal
    from houston

14. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx Speedmetal! RAD NAME!!!:D

15. elrobo818

elrobo818

16. csclassics

csclassics

WOW, every day for 22 months, definitely worth the time. Those lines are GREAT!!Great color! The wait will make it all the better when you get it back with the upholstery done! Enjoy! Look forward to seing more of your work, its an inspiration to guys like me that want do a chop.

17. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx a lot!!

Yep!! Not kidding either!! I've been unemployed for a loooooooong time and my wife has been amazing through this whole build!

Im glad i can inspire my friend!!:)

Ian

18. Lucky444

Lucky444

Yeah man, I'm feeling the withdrawals too. Got so used to seeing update pics and progress reports from you! It's been a while now and just as a bystander, I'm feeling anxious to see how she's coming together too. No worry, she'll be home soon in all her purple craziness!

19. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

RIGHT?? F!@#$!!!!!

I know she's coming but it's been too long now.... I'll get over it...... as soon as i get a sneak peek of the interior!!:(

Take care bro!!

20. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

ian-when that car comes home you are going to flip the fuck out.

21. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

where did you get the idea for how you cut the window corners and how you installed the B pillars?

22. Lucky444

Lucky444

Hang in there!

We definitely won't be able to make it to the Mooneyes X-mas show this year, too few dollars to spread around, so we won't get to see her in the flesh. Dammit!

You take care too.

23. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Fuck yeah!!

Too bad, hopefully we'll see you next summer!!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  24. you know the more i look at it the back window looks like the 40s roofline like a zephyr. really sweet. you need to visit tn and hook me up with that chop

25. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Yes it does kinda flow like an early 40's chop.

[​IMG]

26. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I just wanted to tell you guys that Omar is CLASS ACT!! He got me a real nice drill press for all the hard work i've been putting into his car!!

THANX OMAR!!

[​IMG]

27. When is it supposed to be done? Look forward to seeing it.

28. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

??????????? Hopefully she'll be home for mooneyes!! Im sure she will. Both Jeff and Tom will make it happen.....It's not their first gig!!:)

29. Mooneyes is in December?

30. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Yes, Dec. 12th