Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. mikes51

mikes51

Bad Bob. I think you explained your flame concept to me a while back but I didn't quite understand what you said. But comparing it to the green flamed Merc, I get it now.

The letters work on the green Merc because of the way the flames are. There is a big plain area of green in front of that car. On your Merc, the flames come way down low in the front. So the flame shapes break up the red area. I'll take custom flames over stock pieces anyday.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  2. I don't have a front pic of that Merc,but if you were to look at it from the front,it doesn't look flamed! It looks like a green/gold flake Merc. I wanted you to know there was a flamed Merc behind you when you looked in your rear-view mirror.
    Kinda vain,huh! hahaha!
    Also,this Merc is the reason why I didn't want flames on my roof or trunk.

3. I heard my Merc was the inspiration for this satin/gloss flame paint on this Merc from Japan. Don't know if it's true or not. I like it alot!!!! Would love to see more pic's of it...

[​IMG]

4. chip chipman

chip chipman

Bob, Got my car back from the shop now I'm ready to get back to cruisin. How she look? Chip. No really we went and pulled it out, took it another shop for a estimate "8500 to 10,000$" just to put it back in primer. Major damage done with 36 girt grinder on complete body. Doing it myself again. Back on the road by Summer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  5. I SHOULD HAVE THE HAMB MERC CLUB SHIRTS IN ABOUT A WEEK!!!!!! $15 plus shipping!!!

PM me your address and your size and i'll start taking orders!!! I'll put your size next to your name,on the member list,to keep track. E]

hey whats up bad bob is this old post last time we talked about the shirts u said it would not be for a while .But if its a new post count me in what do they look like thanks

6. patch

patch

here's my '51 survivor ... 59,000 original miles
    my '50 chop top project and my '49 field car

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  7. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I don't think that's accurate, I first downloaded that photo in '05 or '06.

8. I have a few,

'50
    [​IMG]

'54
    [​IMG]

'61
    [​IMG]

'64
    [​IMG]

I like them.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  9. Nope,it's old. Sorry,but I haven't had the extra $ to get them rolling!

10. I didn't think so,cause I thought I remembered seeing it before I painted my flames.

11. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

BOB ,
    good to see your around ! ..................... steve

12. Thanks...watching my "P's and Q's"....

13. JeremyJames

JeremyJames
    from concord NC
    1. HAMB Merc Club

count me in! I just picked up this 52, had to trade damn near everthing that I owned, but I think it was well worth it. The car needs a lot of detail/finish work, but its close.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I'm in with my $250 moredoor purchase! 49 3-speed O.D. one owner car. Jim

Attached Files:

15. hot32b

hot32b
    from ireland

hi guys this thread is super some great ideas and styles kooool. hey bob what about flames my 51 got damaged in a storm a couple of weeks ago and i am going to flame it from front to back love what you have done real kool was thinking of satin black and ohio flames. what have you on offer.[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  16. count another '54 in.

17. Any bigger pics?I love the chop!

18. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I thought I give flames a try never did it before but figured if it gets fucked up I can just sand it off.

Not too bad I guess ?

Attached Files:

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Woo Hoo !! I can finally join...found this rust bucket in the woods where it had been rotting for over 20 yrs...ya its a rotten more door but its a MERC and its mine!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  20. The only Merc I can get my hands on is A 61 Comet 2dr Is it worth investing in larry@vintage :rolleyes:zarks.com

21. With flames,it's all about the shape. If they're too small,it doesn't look right. Think BIG! They look to confined to me. I would say,take a side shot,print out some copies,then practice drawing some on in different shapes and colors. When you get a layout you like,transfer then onto your car with a white colored pencil.

22. I would say yes. 61's are cool and it's a 2dr so if you get tired of it,at least it will sell easy.

23. hot32b

hot32b
    from ireland

24. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

i,m in for 1!! a 64 awb comet big block 460 power, build, a stepping stone to the KEMP i want one day. big difference but a merc no less.

george

25. bigEkustoms

bigEkustoms

[​IMG]just got my 49 on the road! I am in love with my new wide whites! Rebel wire rules! these guys walked me through the whole process of wiring my car. Now that i have just finished the new brakes, all I have to do is get some of the small leaks fixed, road test it see what falls off and I will be ready for next Spring!

26. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

BigE, that is one of the most tasteful Mercurys Ive ever seen. Absolutely beautiful.

27. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Oh no! Just saw the car has frenched 59 Caddy lights!