Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you think of these hot rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Little Johnny Hotrod, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i was bored and thought i would look for some old iron on evilbay. Came across these too gems?

I was not looking to buy but just curious are they worth the prices asked.
    the first one seems cool with the Buick drums. Awesome Pinstriping, and stance. but i started looking closer its all new parts from what i can see.
    Am i wrong in thinking that the spring is too far back on the wishbone, especially with that 331 hemi. Let alone the tires are too thin for a engine like that. Are those hard lines for the front brakes. Is it okay for the pit man arm to be up instead of down.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ford-HOTROD_W0QQ...ucks?hash=item19b6d44c31&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Now on to the second one it looks like hard brake lines again, and the steering arm is at a different angle to wishbones.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Other-Makes_W0QQ...ucks?hash=item4ceb5b3e98&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I am just trying to learn all that i can as i am working on my own car. I have made mistakes and its usually the 3 or 4 time that something finally works. i have only got into hot rods the last 3-4 years so i am still learning. I hope i am not causing a stink over nothing but....

2. squirrel

squirrel

the car doesn't do much for me, but I'm an old stick-in-the-mud.

The drag link is parallel to the radius rod, which is not how it should be if you don't want bump steer. The drag link should be pointing right at the rear radius rod pivot.

3. thanks it doesn't do much for me either but i am just trying to make sure i have the right facts in mind.

4. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

once those auctions close those links won't show pics of what you're curious about anymore

Attached Files:

5. The truck is a HAMB member's.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

what a contrast. I hate that truck. I sure hope it wasn't some cool farm truck to start with that had most or all of the parts. building a shitball like that is the same as crushing it as far as I'm concerned

the A needs to lose those wheels in a hurry. but nice.

as for your questions... there is a shitlod of good books out there on building HOT RODs and what works and what doesn't. that's where I would start.

7. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

The roadster was built by a HAMB member. Aside from the wheels/tires, I really like it.

8. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

it's got a nice look.....

9. yblock292

yblock292

i do to, thats thing is gorgeous. I'm guessing its a mustang steering box.

10. oj

oj

Tha roadster is well made, the wheels must have been spec'd by somebody other than the builder or just a good idea gone bad.
    That pickup has everything but gargoyles hanging off it and makes me wonder about the quality of the build, especially when the bed floor appears to be expanded or perforated metal. Makes me go hmmm.

11. skwurl

skwurl

I like the roadster. I like the look of the wheels but I would rip the spokes right out of it on my first trip around the block. The front looks kinda goofy too with those giant buick drums and those wheels. I would do some Ford wide Fives or artilleries for safety sake. Sweet ride though.Oh and this is the only HOT ROD! I saw. You fiil in the blanks

12. 28RPU6

28RPU6

In response to the original question about the brake lines. Both vehicles look like they are running stainless steel braided flexible lines. As far as the spring behind the axle, it will carry the weight. The tires are thin nylons that could be a problem though. The second truck may not be painted, but everything is boxed and appear to be welded all the way and the radials may not be traditional but they are a far superior ride and much safer.

13. thank you for the response, both look like good builds with just only difference in choice on set up. i was just wondering if it was okay to have the spring that far back on wishbones. I would of thought that it would put a flex point on the wishbones. i like the paint, the black and white pinstripe i was just wondering if the spokes would hold the power. i did not know about the stainless steel braided flexible lines i guess i am just use to the the old braided rubber ones. the truck i was wondering about because the drag link is angled down while the wishbones are angled up. I was not saying that these were bad builds but just curious about a few things. I have seen vehicles with great paint jobs on the outside, and broken chassis/body mounts broken on a painted chassis. i am constantly making my hot rod better even before its finished cause of things i have learned or i can do better. I have books on building hot rods. but new ideas come along. The years of experience here i think outweigh books.

14. The roadster was built by Delmo, top quality build for sure, the rest of the car is as nice as the paint.
    I dont like the model A wheels either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.