Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Progress on Rocky's 34 coupe..last update 9/30/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Looking great Rocky! HRP

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn Rocky, that thing is almost a whole car! I know you aren't reeeally gonna leave that Chevvie motor in it.....

Gonna drive her to the '10 Drags??

See ya, -Abone.

3. Flaminahole..
    I'm setting it up with chevy mounts..made an offer yesterday on an old 57 Pontiac 347, short block..bored .125 over with Jahns pop-ups...was machined and assembled in the 70s and never started..we'll see.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    Atwater Mike likes this.
  4. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Nice work Rocky! She's shapin up really well!!!

5. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

That progress is looking good. The chop looks really good.

Really, I am glad that the Caddi engine didnt make the cut. Sounds tooo much like it would be in a sub framed coupe, not the best picture.

6. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

Nice work guys. I couldn't agree more about the color; excellent choice. Excellent.

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Wow... looking good, Rocky, especially the chop!

8. carkiller

carkiller

Jimmys a hell of a seamstress, This should be a tech artical. How to build a Ford a spool at a time. Looks great, Cal

9. sodas38

sodas38

Looking good, chop looks great so far.

10. Cool Rockster!

11. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Really nice Rocky, the chop is killer. Gary

12. dolsen37

dolsen37
    from Nebraska

Looks good Wayne, aka Rocky, now that you have that top down and I know that you chopped it 3.5 guess I'll have to go 3.75 ha ha ha just kidding. Everything looks great, had a nice conversation with Jimmy at Wahoo swap meet. Can't be a nicer guy around.

Dan O
    dolsen37

13. Thanks, Dan........and congrats on getting your 37 sedan in this month's Street Rodder...Not as in-depth as the Rodders Journal feature but a nice feature for sure.

14. It's been a few weeks since I've updated the build. Jimmy's been working around the driver's back corner of the car and the left 1/4 window..plus we chopped the windshield frame and began massaging the header panel to get it right before attaching it to the a-pillars. It's finally beginning to look racy.

Attached Files:

15. Is he spending all his time on yours or is he working on that bitchen truck at all!?

16. looking great Rocky, really like the chop. by the way, had you're old '41 poncho out early this am for a run. trying to keep it on the road for as long as i can before the snow flies.

17. 345WindowOregon

345WindowOregon

That chop is turning out great. I kept mine unchopped, but may consider doing that in the future. One thing I discovered to my amazement was that the door window mechanisms and glass were the most difficult of all the work I did in get my junker of a body back in decent shape. Those original Ford assembly line mechanics must have been hired to install those mechanisms based on how small their hands and fingers were!

Dan

18. Oh, don't worry about a little snow on the '41....take a look. I usta drive it in the snow when I could get it to start. Anything below 5 degrees and even with the 12 volt conversion it doesn't wanna start..

Attached Files:

19. Dan.......In the interest of safety, I'm going with updated modern door latches...already got 'em. Still not too sure what to do about window control...

20. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I would go with the power windows...

21. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

power safety windows! :p

22. Goldchainer! ;-)

23. HEY! Mister "alternator-on-a-hemi"..I'll bet you even have one of those new fangled hydraulic throwout bearings....goldchainer indeed. Wait 'til I see that ol' Pontiac coupe again..I'm sure it has a touch of billet somewhere on it...:p

24. No Sir!!! My coupe has a plain old mechanical linkage to the candlestick and then the throwout. But let's not mention the Hyfire box and the boost timing retard. ;-) And yeah she's got billet but I carved it myself. I like making folks uncomfortable with my billit.

Your coupe is looking awsome Rocky! If you go with power windows you know we're gonna have to give you some crap. ;-)

25. JRussell

JRussell

lookin good man

26. Got a little more done on the chop last night....got the driver's door top tacked-on and did some work on the other side. Man, he cuts it apart and pieces it back together like a jig saw puzzle...
    Got a new/used header panel coming for above the windshield. The car was a race car and all the front support pieces were torched out. We'll fix that as soon as the piece gets here UPS

Attached Files:

27. Looks good my friend.

28. ..........oh, and I almost forgot. I picked up that old Pontiac 347. It's punched out .125" to 370 cu in. Also scored a stick setup for it so I can run my T-5 behind it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  29. JRussell

JRussell

....arnt you sick of that car yet? ...ill come get it out of you're way

30. Lemme know if you are still after Ford parts. I have a couple guys that may be able help.