Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1928 Dodge 4 door --can anything be done to make it a hot rod ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Dad, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Big Dad

Big Dad

I can get this for a decent price ( I think ? ) and I don't have a good enough imagination to see the possibilities ..:confused:

Maybe there isn't any :rolleyes:

Anyone seen anything like this turned into a Hot Rod ..Or, should the search continue ?

[​IMG]

2. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Your kidding... Right? Are you totally blind? What cant be done to that car? It's got nice lines, just let your imagination run with it.

3. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

BD,don't worry about the extra doors,keep it all mopar and it'll be cool and different!

4. TERPU

TERPU

Well..........

I am a pretty imaginative fellow so here goes, Think four door A or '32 style with front fenders dripping over the tires, in the back the roll of the sidewall just tucked into the fender, it's a fourdoor so it either has to be cruiser with a hood on or completely rump rump, so to this I say Rump Rump and nothing says Rump like a Chrysler Hemi, any one of 'em with a big cam and lots of carburation, but you must run the pipes under the car and out the back, no zoomies as it doesn't suit the car. Five spokes and a Pontiac or Olds rear (the big Pumpkin' ) or a Dana 60 from a Mopar, and four or five gears is a must with three pedals.

For paint; well Black comes to mind or leave as is. It's a big girl so a dark and slimming tone if not black. You could also chop it 2-3" but it's alot work on a mordor, it would be as cool with a full lid for me.

Wheels; probably Halibrands or early 5-spokes poking out from under the fenders.

Sorry I let my imagination run wild, bitchin' old car,

Tim

5. Big Dad

Big Dad

Guess the 4 door thing blurs my imagination ..Just not a fan of them

Looking for some examples that might stir some clear thoughts

My buddy bought it 4 years ago and looks like he is ready to get rid of it now , told me to make him a offer

(I have no earthly idea what to offer him on it either ?)

6. Ghost28

Ghost28

Dang that's cool. It screams hot rod just sitting on the trailor. Keep it all mopar and keep all the fenders.

7. Big Dad

Big Dad

Really, Its a nice styled car ..No doubt about that , comes with a shit ton of parts that to me have no value, extra motors, trans, etc.

I have been looking for ideas but, so far ..Nadda

8. waylow64bird

waylow64bird
    from Buffalo MN

have fun with it

9. moparron426

moparron426

here an idea for you:D:cool:

Attached Files:

10. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

I think a late 50's early 60's style build would be outstanding,keep the fenders and hood top, lose the sides and run a early hemi or poly decked out in the period,awesome.Wide whites on chrome reverse wheels and a sweet rake.

11. George

George

Used to be 1 locally, had a blower motor, wire wheels & was kinda gangster syle with fake Tommy gun in a rack.

12. freebird101

freebird101

in my humble opinion, chop the top about a inch or 3 to still make it kinda original. Find a vintage small early Hemi (241??) keep the engine look original
    [​IMG]
    Then give it a nice paint job. as FunnyCar65 said "late 50's early 60's"

13. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Keep the doors & fenders, mild chop and a HEMI

14. F&J

F&J

that ain't going to happen :) those Dodge fenders will be scraping the ground on the rear parts way before the tire ever gets tucked up under.

somebody had an idea about how to slice/section the fronts...something like move the sill part that lays on top of the frame. I can't think who it was

I'd make a pickup, styled similar to 28/8 ford

There's a big early dodge collector near here, he says they are not worth a whole lot....meaning a sedan from mid twentys to around 1930

15. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

16. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

I think it might look good with a mild chop. That might be the route I'd be tempted to go.

Jay

17. Ghost28

Ghost28

I was gonna suggest sealing up the rear doors and making a sedan delivery out of it. With a working rear door, if done right it would have a good return on your investment...John

18. wvenfield

wvenfield

My buddy has that same car. Except it's uglier, has mismatched wheels and a 454.

19. Big Dad

Big Dad

Maybe a photoshopper might stroll thru and want to make it look like something .

Lower the lid, yes ..

Turn into a sedan delv ?, not feeling that ..

20. Ghost28

Ghost28

It's a chevy but the idea is the same.

Turn into a sedan delv ?, not feeling that ..[/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

21. Rodshop

Rodshop

Check out Ghost28's build pics (his photo album) and you might get some inspiration for it. That thing he is building is cool! Rodshop

22. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

You're joking, right?;) Build a hot rod from that? NO WAY. Can't be done.

23. Build it simple,,4 doors can make great looking hot rods,,my ol' 4 door.HRP

[​IMG]

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that's a good looking car right there. sadly too many people these days think you would need an 8 inch chop with a 12 inch kickup out back and a suicide front with the tires in front of the grille in order to be cool

I'd like to see that car shiney black with a stock body, mopar motor of your choice, little bit of chrome here and there and a proper HOT ROD stance. wanna get radical?? chop it 2 - 3 inches.

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

damn... as I was typing hotrodprimer posted the Ford version.

26. Big Dad

Big Dad

Thats a beauty !!!

27. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Very cool car, I think that they were all steel as well.

28. We have been in the 4 door most of the day,,,I've drove the 32 pickup truck so much lately that people today were asking me when did I get the sedan,,,I told them about 12 years ago!

I guess the old out of sight ,,out of mind is true! :rolleyes: HRP

29. skidsteer

skidsteer

I understand these Dodge Brothers cars are gaining greatly in popularity, as evidenced by membership in the Dodge Brothers car club. I'd suggest flipping it for a nice profit, then buying something more adaptable to rodding.

30. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

Nah nothing can be done with that, Ill take it off your hands and spare you the trouble! ;)