Register now to get rid of these ads!

~do not buy last refuge!!!~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OCTANE ORPHAN, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OCTANE ORPHAN

OCTANE ORPHAN
    from Ohio

DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM LAST REFUGE HOTROD PARTS!!!! :mad:

I am curently building a 1932 ford truck and have been waiting on a bed since mid july. I was told that my parts were in stock and would be shipped as soon as the $819.00 money order cleared the bank. The last month has been full of very unperductive heated phone conversations on why my bed is still not done. The next time i will spend a little extra money and actully get a bed!! lesson learned!!!

Here are the tracking numbers i recived from Norb last week...

I guess I learned the hard way so you guys wont have to!!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Looks like your bed is on the way at least..

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

wonder who the shipper is?
    who's tracking numbers?

4. looks like I'm a lucky bastard...
    got mine 3 weeks after I ordered...

5. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Fedex.

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

ahh..

7. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I just did a search and found some interesting information. Mixed results from customers.

8. your shipment is expected to arrive in Ohio on sept 30th

even though i'm sure no one can mess with your shipment , i suggest you remove the tracking numbers...a LOT of people watch this board , not all of them for good

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd second 36Threewindow's suggestion of deleting the numbers.

If it is like a couple of things I have bought in the past (not from them) they might not make the part until you order it. In the early 70's I ordered a steering arm and drag link from M A S and after several weeks of waiting we called and found out that the guy who made the steering arms and drag links was on vacation and they wouldn't be made until he got back. Sure enough, a couple of weeks later they showed up. This may be a similar situation or their books weren't correct when they said they had it. Computer shows them in stock but there are none on the shelf.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

10. OCTANE ORPHAN

OCTANE ORPHAN
    from Ohio

Good news... my bed should be here tomorrow. When I was givin the tracking numbers a couple weeks ago he siad UPS. Turns out when he actully called back today he siad it was fed ex. Its pretty crazy the day I decide to post about how upset I am my bed is almost here! Guess I am going to have to post some mock up pics soon!

11. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I had a fedex shipment from Last Refuge about a year back it went bad and I blamed Norb, but turns out it was all screwed up by fedex alone and did not need Norb's help.

Like previous threads have said, all the warnings are there and everybody knows how he works and it is a trade off between price and delays.
    In my case mostly worth waiting for but maybe I ve been luckier than some.

Takes a big man to correct his story, well done OCTANE ORPHAN<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4391361", true); </SCRIPT>

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  12. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Kinda like waiting for the doctor, seems like you've waited forever but once your in the wait wasnt so bad!!

13. death13

death13
    from co

go to bbb.com and do a national search . This has been going on for years , it seems to be normal biz practice . Do a hamb search , and also vintagerods.ca for an unhappy customer north of the border . fuxl you are one of the lucky ones , maybe you got a bed that was for some poor guy who's been waiting for his pre paid bed . mr48chev good to see you have an optomistic look on life ,but I doubt that's the case

14. CGkidd

CGkidd

So hows the bed look?

15. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Read the posts by all means, we are swamped this time of the year. And I suck at planning. No excuses here if you dont want to wait, there are other suppliers at twice the cost. Some times we are blessed by the customers we dont get.
    Norb

16. wow..............................

17. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

18. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Thanks for the follow up, sorry I lost my temper that day on the phone.
    Norb

19. jcs64

jcs64

That should tell you how much he cares about customer service!

A friend and I both bought model A beds from him. Be prepaired for alot of B.S.
    I dont even remember how many times my bed was "shipped", only to be recieved months later, I was even given tracking #'s that were never even in the shippers system. (done to just buy time?)
    The beds were nice when they got here, the price was good, service is w/out a doubt not good!

Jeff

20. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

We issue tracking numbers up to a week ahead of time, I do the online stuff, so I do a large group of parts that will be coming out soon or are ready to ship. Then we usually email after the item has left, but to save time if a customer calls and asks for the tracking number I give it to them, saving me the email time. When you are swamped every minute counts. I admit there have been times when the delay has been more than a week but there is nothing more than an overwelming workload responsible for that. Thanks for your encouragement, I need it. And about the "we are blessed by the customers we dont get". It means that we would much rather have customers that have plenty of time for us to fill thier order, who do not cuss, who are not crazy, who can understand the small business supplier etc.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  21. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

sounds like a fun place to work

22. Fourdy

Fourdy

Norb,
    I believe that you can feel our frustrations also when we are working on a project trying to organize our workload also. If this my order, I would expect you to tell me that your business was extremely busy, that you want my order but tell me that it would be some time before you could ship my order. It is then my decision to wait or not order as my needs may be. Sometimes due to my time constraints, I feel it necessary to buy a more expensive part just to move on with the project.

If you give a tracking number, let us know that the part has actually not shipped if so.

Just tell us up front then no legitimate complaint.

My .02 worth

Fourdy

Best to you,

23. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Not fun when you get behind, We recently developed the Cabrio version of the Roadster Pickup cab we make, That was FUN!!!. Here is a sneek peek.
    [​IMG]

24. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Inside picture.
    [​IMG]

25. I would say that is the most messed up marketing strategy I have ever seen. Promote a new product on a post that is headlined Don't buy from ME or my company.

F'd up for sure

26. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

yeah... i will take your order, and money, send you a tracking number weeks in advance, send it off when i am not to busy, dont care if you buy from me or not, "quote" Some times we are blessed by the customers we dont get. Oh, by the way, we made a new product, check it out :rolleyes:

27. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

28. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

There are people that understand how to run a business. There are people that understand how to run a SMALL business. There are people that understand what happens when small businessess get extremely busy. There are people that understand how to apply an excuse. There are people that understand they have to make excuses every day. There are people that understand marketing. There are people that understand the law of supply and demand. There are people that understand what delivery time is/should be/actually is.There are people that understand what happens when demand exceeds supply and there are people that just understand.

I have yet to see anyone, in either of these threads about "Last Refuge," including Norb, understand...PERIOD.

Heard that old saying "Caveat emptor"...??? If not, look it up...

R-

29. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

If you write a book I will buy it.
    Norb

30. When dealing with your customers, the truth is always the best policy. Now Norb, get back out in the shop and get to work. You'll never catch up hanging out here! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.