Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My `61 F100 Unibody

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FoMoCoPower, Oct 5, 2009.

1. True, but Unibody doors are unique. I think the original question was about non-unibody doors. If your doors are Unibody, sounds like he can use them.

2. Ditto. Any pics of the process?

3. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Theres nothing wrong with my doors though. Solid as can be and very straight.

4. TomCat 1

TomCat 1

Love the wide rear rims. What size wheels and tires are you running and are you running the stock rear leafs and stock tubs? I've got a short uni '62 that I haven't started on yet. Did you get rid of the factory 9" because the explorer was narrower? What year explorer rear? Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  5. rumblefish

rumblefish
    from NE Ohio

Great looking Uni! I'm building one as well but mine is going in a different direction....well in the front any ways! Noise High BBF FE! Should be drivable in the spring I hope.

Attached Files:

6. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

great looking little truck. very nice.

7. firehawgcfd

firehawgcfd

Looks great! Do you know of any tech articles out there on the crown vic front end swap. I have a 61 and a 62 unibody, both short boxes. I am going to get one of them on the road soon for my son who turns 16 in May.

8. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

15x10 with 295/50/15`s. Truck did not have a 9" in it,was factory ordered with a posi so it had a Dana-44. Just wanted something newer that I didn`t hafta go through,and on the cheap. Rear was narrower,so it helped to achieve the look i wanted with the wheels.

9. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

No tech articles that I know of,but it`s alot eaiser than most of the aftermarket IFS setups out there. For the most part it is a bolt-in deal.

10. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

great looking truck,,,,,i've owned several of those and am itching to get another for a daily driver

11. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Very cool truck. I'm glad to find lots of other truck guys like myslef here.

12. I've read this thread several times. It's got lots of good info and pictures on how to do the swap. But, it is REALLY easy.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255247

13. Haha, sorry we got a little sidetracked. a200rt2 (see below) asked about door interchangability. Good thing you're doors are solid, Uni doors can be hard to find.

14. tjm73

tjm73

I really dig this little truck and come back to look at it from time to time. I see Phuckupbukit has screwed with the pics like so many others. I hate them so I figured out how to pull clean images out of post 1.

61truck1.png
    61truck2.png
    61truck3.png
    61truck4.png
    61truck5.png