Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHUCK BERRY performing at the 2010 Shifters VLV car show!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jul 24, 2009.

1. This is always a great time, we had 16 cars total there for the '09 weekender. Mostly Lonely Knights with a few friends along for good measure. Am right now compiling the roster for the 2010 trip. Hopefully we can have just as strong a showing next year.

Am really looking forward to Chuck Berry as well. The rest of music line-up looks good too, check it out.

Here's a link to the website: http://www.vivalasvegas.net/

Johnnie.

2. The wife and I are planning on making it out this year. It's been a few years since we've been to VLV. I've always had a blast, my liver seems to take a beating though! Chuck Berry himself is worth the trip, nobody needs to be told he is a rock and roll living legend! And I'm sure Axel and his crew are making it better every year! And then there's always the lonely knights, I'm sure I could get 1 or 2 of them to have a few cold ones with me.

sled

3. I'll be ready to Rock and Roll!, Hoping to bring out My Gal!( 64 Galaxie Hard Top), In need of a good Road Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Last year was the first time I missed your show, but that wont happen again. I will be there for shure.

5. sololobo

sololobo

Axle, whow!! what a line up for Mr. Berry!! Ashley is one of the coolest slingers to ever exsist, and all the other dudes are topnotch and have seen them all with Deke or Big Sandy. Nice job of putting this together, wish I was able to make your show. I will be watching for pix of this dandy gig. Best of luck with it all. You are so brave!! ~Sololobo~

6. fleetside66

fleetside66

That picture with the water stains is fantastic..it's perfect. Just keep it high & dry from here on in. My wife saw him in the 60's and, after the show, sat in the booth next to him in a seedy diner in Reading, PA. She was too much of a timid pipskweek teenie-bopper to say anything to him. He's pretty incredible the way he keeps going.

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Alex, you gonna hook Chuck up with a see through ladies port-a-let?

8. belair

belair

Saw him at Billy Bob's in Ft Worth 20+ years ago. Had people dancing on the tables-Now I know the OTHER reason they were bolted to the floor. Anyway, the thing I remember was there was no encore-cheer all you want, but when Chuck is done, Chuck is DONE!.

9. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Nads, you dirty dog !

For those that don't know Nads drove a chopped Chevy to Viva Las Vegas one year - all the way from Orlando Florida. We get a hard core bunch every year. And when we drive our 300 miles to get to Vegas i always ask myself "God, are we there yet" !

10. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Axle,

Just leaving the first "Starliner " Show in Witchita. Talked to many guys last night about going to Viva this year. Looks like we might have a few guys from out here trying Viva this year and gettin Chuck Berry for the car shows makes it even better. My self and the Knights looking foward to it.

Big Rich
    Lonely Knights

11. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Bring me a Pizza from Secret Stash on your way out !

12. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

Alex, I'll be for sure have a new ride that I will be sportin for next year.....

13. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Awesome, looking forward to havin you guys there !

14. Sounds like it should be a good show.
    Probably won't be able to make it, however.

Might prove interesting from the backup band's standpoint.......stories go that past
    backups have gone to lots of time and trouble practicing Chuck's songs, then he comes
    in and plays them in totally different keys. Shouldn't really be that much of a problem
    for an accomplished group of players to switch gears, musically speaking.

15. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I'll be there for sure in the Chevy!!:) I cant wait!! We booked our room months ago! Chuck Berry is the icing on the cake!!

Thanx for all the hard work Axle!!

Ian

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

F**K I can't wait til April.

17. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Well said !

18. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

19. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Enjoy !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UnEMvNt59Ho&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UnEMvNt59Ho&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Back on top

21. Kerry67

Kerry67

Axle, any idea when the new schedules for the bands will be posted ? Still have last years posted on the website. I figure Tom is the one to handle that but maybe you have the inside scoop.

22. sherrys55caddy

sherrys55caddy

I really do miss the early years of the VLV car show. Somewhere along the lines and thru out the years the kulture changed and VLV lost alot of its traditional patina that I loved so much. I'm beyond happy Axle that you are cracking the whip

BRAVO!! BRAVO!! MY AMIGO~

23. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

saw Chuck in Finland last year and to be honest it was embarrasing watching him forget the words and dropping his pick, he needs to retire and let us all remember the good times.

24. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

82 years old ! UNREAL, invite Gene Winfield for a 'arm restle'...................:D

25. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram

The current band schedule will be posted on the VLV website within the next few days. We do have a few additions which will be announced soon as well as further car show details.

TOM

26. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

Glad to see an effort in weeding out the abortions this year.

27. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

MR. CHUCK and fewer shit rods might be worth the trip

28. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks Tom, Its gonna be wild. Can't wait

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  29. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

We are finalizing our decisions of VlV or Lonestar Round Up still but I am sure a few of the Sinners Car Club Crew might be peeking in...

30. Kerry67

Kerry67

Jesus......Not again.