Register now to get rid of these ads!

I know the terms getting old but look at this barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by colts hotrod crazy, Oct 5, 2009.

?
  1. Rod it!!!

32.4%
  2. get it running and drive it?

67.6%
  1. colts hotrod crazy

colts hotrod crazy
    from Apex NC

The other day me and my dad went and picked up this 1925 ford tall T doctors coupe. it had been sitting in the same place for over 20 years. the man who owned this car had recived it from his dad who bouthg it in the mid 50's. this car has almost no rust and most of the original wood in it. let me know what you guys think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its New Home

2. Congrats- Some guys have all the luck.

3. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

I think they "took" you,one tire's flat?!
    Weird tread on those tires?

Cool find,sweet car!

4. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Looks to good to rod though!

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The 37 Ford V-8 deck lid handle is of course, not stock, but that looks like a pretty darn nice fairly original T coupe, great find.

It has been converted to wire wheels from 26-27 and should have the lined shoes inside the drums out back instead of the cast iron no lining shoes like pre 26 had.

The tread pattern of the tires is no more unusual than anything you see on tires today. My favorite old tire tread pattern was "NONSKID", yes the word over and over around the tire.

How about a look at the radio?

If you get that puppy running think about keeping the running chassis for a good old time gow job speedster build, and build a nice Model A frame for the coupe body...keep the fenders, boards and aprons for a different look.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  6. Awesome find! My dad and I picked up a 27 tudor in similar shape 2 years ago. Neat old cars. I think someone has updated yours with later model wheels, the originals were steel rims with wood spokes. The wooden spokes were called "fellowes". How about a 4"chop and a Nailhead?! Don't get me started.....

7. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Thats neat,,lotta glass too,,,,like to find one of those and just drive it as is..
    congrats

8. very cool score ! i always wanted and all orignal t

9. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Very cool! I wouldn't have the heart to cut that one up though. Maybe just some bolt on "speed" parts, but that's about it.

-Chris

10. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

Sweeeet!:D
    Love the plaid door panels!

Jay

11. Bitchin55Merc

Bitchin55Merc
    from Dallas, GA

You could wash that one and just drive it! Nice!

12. 33Master_Eagle

33Master_Eagle

What a beauty, some people have all the luck. What are your plans for it?

13. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Cool find, though i'd have to leave it alone and just go "pockity pockity pockity" all around town

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

It would be cool to leave it like it is and get it runing but from experience you'll soon tire of the 35 or so MPH top speed and start dreaming of running it through the gears with a v8 and 3/4 speed. Putting it on an A chassis and building it to AV8 specs would definitely be cool. If you did that it could be returned to stock with very little effort (provided you manage to resist "lowering the lid" a tad).

Frank

15. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That thing is AWESOME just the way it is! It's just my opinion, but for how complete that is, I hope it stays original. Plenty of other cars to cut up out there. Seriously cool!!

16. nice find... and I agree with some of the others... I wouldn't cut that one up... just get it runnin' and enjoy it

17. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Looks like a good solid car .Is that the one that was on CL Atlanta for sale? Ad said it had been restored in the 50's?

18. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

episode of "my three sons" one of the kids got a T like that from his Dad. Local hot rodder fell in love with tryed to con the kid outa it.. eventually traded him his road burner roadster for it..

19. is it gonna be a rod?

20. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

You suck! And I mean that in the nicest way! ;)

21. Go on... Chop it.

This is no namby pamby restorers site...

22. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

You will probably get a few comments moaning that it was not found in a barn, but who gives a shit. It is an awsome find just the same. Good Luck with it.:cool:

23. Just plain awsome.You don't get to see too many in original condition anymore.That kinda makes it more special than just some old cut up body and a custom frame with no fenders.( see too many of those)

24. dads31cp

dads31cp
    Member Emeritus

I have some of those tires on a model A I think they're called insa or imsa? Possibly gimsa. my buddies dad was really bummed when he found out they were no longer available right after he sold his last set.

25. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Yeah,I had never seen a set before,that's why I thought they were different than the norm.
    The serrated patterned tread is unusual.

26. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

why ask what we think we are all car people here , #1 jealous #2 AWESOME looks like a cool find post more photos as you work on it

27. Man with torch: "So,waddya want?..."

HAMBer with car: "Oh,just a little off the top..."

Nice,nice find there.Your car,your choices. Good luck,whatever path you choose with it.

28. Wow, very nice piece of history. Good for you. I am happy for all those lucky mo fo's who find these treasures so hopefully it will bring me good karma. One day the good karma will bring me a treasure like that....very nice dude.....very nice

29. Don't take this the wrong way, but..

I hate you.

Agree with the others that say "too nice to cut up"

Killer score.

Someday, I'll find an all-original T, that basically needs a freshening-up, tires, and maybe a Rajo or Frontenac head, and drive the wheels off of it.

30. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Nice! I'm with the "don't cut it up" crew. Not to say it shouldn't be rodded, but please don't carve it up into a fenderless roadster.