Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Showdown Drags Thanks w Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Oct 4, 2009.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

This one is easy, thank all you guys that showed up! We had a great day of racing, 85 cars got numbers to race. A bunch of other real nice cars are also on the field...a LOT less ratty cars, maybe they are starting to get it! The show gets a little bigger every year, everybody has a great attitude and want to just have fun and not worry about winning and losing. I think everyone here is like me and just wants to see the right stuff lined up to run. It was so cool reading the HAMB in the middle of the week saying they would be there rain or shine, thats what makes this place special. Thanks to Beaver Bob for letting me do this...he's starting to see the light in the beauty of less regimented racing! :) Jen for lettering trophies all Friday night, my wife Kim & Mrs. Lulabelle for doing the merch deal, to the East Coast Gassers & Rocky for the great show, and Don Moyer for the ride of my life in the Rebel Reaper, wheels up after most everyone had gone (I'm still smiling!) Don also has in car video of the weather at the show for the doubters! He does it all the time, I'll never forget this one time!! :) Zombie and Rod & Kulture for the support, Curt Six for the art, and Ryan for the kind words about the shows, hope he get out here one year. Back to Latimore in the spring. I'm also glad Littleman decided last minute to come out, always nice to talk to you Dave.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Spike with his ass on fire.
    [​IMG]
    Jen & Spike "orginize" the flashlight drags!
    [​IMG]
    Don cant stop the wheelie thing...ever!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  2. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Larry...as long as you want to do this show, we will always make it, and help support it!
    Thank you!
    Really, it makes my year, EVERY year, and I didn't get out to much this year, hell, I don't even have a car on the road at the moment, but miss this event???
    ..........Never.
    Thanks again, everyone!

3. Cshabang

Cshabang

Larry, you know how to put a show on...Its the most fun Ive had at the track in a very long time! i have already started making calls, haha Good people, great place, and a good time had by all.

4. 46mopar

46mopar

Thanks Larry for another great show.

5. mtrhead

mtrhead

larry, thanks for putting on such great shows. rain or shine they are always the best of the year. and that beaver bob what a guy he stoped by the camp this morning we talked for a half hour or more.. what carma.. if he can't get you fellin good about life... WOW.. cant wait till next year.. i might remember to shift the rail into 2nd...:D:D

6. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Larry, A REAL BIG THANKS needs to go out to you for making this happen.:D:D:D

7. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

Larry, we spoke at length already, but I can't say thanks enough. Thanks to all that showed this year, you are what make this a can't miss for me. A side note; Thanks to the Road Devils for hooking up a relay for me, you put forth some effort for someone you've never met and thats awesome.

If you didn't show because of the weather; have faith for next year. The clouds will always part for this event, and if for some reason they don't; the party and the company make it worth the trip.

BTW did anyone else miss the turn from 15 North to 80 West? Added almost an hour to my drive home, was having too good a time looking at Reptile Land and the dirty book store on 15, realized it when I hit 180.

8. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Larry, What can we say, Sherri and I had a blast, sorry we missed the late night bike races but we went and got lost in the country side looking for cold beer. Stopped by the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing on the way home. Will post those photos later. Thanks Larry! You rock. Slim

Attached Files:

9. fww32

fww32

Thank you Larry and nice to meet you.

10. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

11. It was great meeting you...

Larry, thanks for another fun filled weekend. Even without a car it's the best show of the year!!!!

12. plmczy

plmczy

Thanks Larry, show was great. Thanks to all who ran their cars down the track. Cgaswillys hope you get your motor fixed for next year. later shawn

13. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Larry and the others who made this a cool end of year event....A+++++

14. sherm II

sherm II
    from central Pa

Once again thank you larry,kim,beaver bob & everyone else who helped put on this event. My daughter & I camped over friday night and had an excelent time racing(rivits&tin).We will see you all next year! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Looks like ya'll have something really cool up there. It's great to see drag events with such great cars growing each year!

16. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

Had a great time!!!

17. sorry i missed it larry...looked like a lot of fun..

tok

18. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

one of the best shows of the year..had a blast. Thanks for all of your hard work to put this together.

-Jerry

19. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ran into Beaver Bob when I was leaving at 8 AM Sunday morning. He ran over to my car, grabed my arm and said thanks man like he had known me his whole life. This was simply a great time and I won't miss it as long as I'm around.
    Larry, you did great......simply great.

John

20. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Thanks Shawn, it was the rear axle. got it fixed already. I'll be there next year for sure.:)

21. Thanks Larry and everyone else involved... "The Redliners" had a great day!

22. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

Thank you larry again for a great show i had a blast as always cant wait for next year !

23. 51stylelinedeluxe

51stylelinedeluxe

great show! :Dcan't wait till next year:)

24. As usual, had a great time, just not enough time...less bracket crap and just let us run heads up the whole day....Larry and Kim and Bob, thanks for everything you do to put this event on....I would not miss it, rain or shine....Larry, glad you liked the ride, I would give rides all the time if I was aloud! Thanks Bob for letting us play in your front yard!

My Daughter took this video, Unfortunatly it looks like I am faster than Dave because of the bracket crap....I am not, Dave's truck is much faster. First year I took the kids, they had a blast and want to come back too! Thanks Spike and all for waiting to ambush us untill the kids went to bed! I was talking on the phone to my wife and got shot right in the mouth....It was squirrel, Dave and I against about 15.....we fought
    valiantly, dave even change into black for his gurilla tactics! I am bringing goggles next year!

25. Since I wish I could take more people for rides, I mounted a camera in the car for you all! Here is the first pass. Had problems with the trans brake and ended up having a coolant leak at the line...

26. I had already replaced the freeze plug in the front of the head earlier in the mourning.....so the rear one had a pin hole in it after that first pass....the motor has been together since 1990 and they are all rusting out! The back one was not as simple to change, had to take out the floor and firewall to get it...was going to change the other one too, but the go pedal bracket was in the way. Sorry about the down time but got it going in time for the second round of time trials and got to race that Vw, pretty damn cool!

27. and the for the weather report at the Bever....

28. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

It would be nice for it to be ALL heads up, except for The ECG program.
    Really, they ( ECG ) are the only ones there with a format/season which includes this event in it, and everyone else should just duke it out head's up...
    It's mostly just street cars, after that, anyway, with a few exceptions, and it WOULD be more excitement, for sure...
    Track owners, however, seem to REALLY want to stick to the bracket format. I suppose its easier to classify/manage???

I have plenty of thoughts on how the classes could be divided up, so as to have VERY seat-of-the-pants CLOSE racing, and be heads up...
    It's more of a chore, I'm sure, but, it COULD be done. Hell, it IS done out there and it doesn't always amount to just "he with the most $$$ wins"...

29. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

By the way, the "in car cam" worked out well, it seems!
    Nice vids, man...
    Thanks for posting and letting us all have some seat time in the Reaper...;)

30. Bob says the brackets are what the fans in the seats want? When I used to sit in the seats, I could care less about what happend at the end of the track,(other than E.T) It is all about the starting line....that is where everybody watches.