Register now to get rid of these ads!

Favorite car movie tough guy??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jokerjason, Sep 30, 2009.

1. zombiesarebad

zombiesarebad
    from Maine

oh yeah! I was gonna mention that too. Popeye Doyle is one of my favorite movie characters ever.

2. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

The 7-Ups chase scene sure sounds like the Bullitt chase scene.The driver in the get away car is the same in both movies.Co-incidence?

3. solid

solid

Clint, from dazed and confuzed...

''i'm here to do two things, drink some beer, and kick some ass...and i'm almost outta beer...''

4. stlrider

stlrider

Buford T. Justice, Smokey and the Bandit

5. Just watched Bullit, I love just seeing all the cars in the back ground. There goes another '56 Ford. :)

6. Good point! I don't think I could survive a night like that. :p

7. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

Rory Calhoun...."Thunder in Carolina"

8. motorhead711

motorhead711

Hell ya crashnburns!! What about the drag race scene against the other convertable, and david arquett tossess out his cigerette and lights that girls hair on fire!!

9. Buddha5150

Buddha5150

Dr. Frankenstein in the original Death Race. 1000 points for the patience at the hospital.lol

10. Jimv

Jimv

Even though it wasn't much of a car movie, the bully did have a old Charger in it, but i gotta go with Buddy Revell from "3 o'clock high"
    JimV

11. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Kowalski in " Vanishing Point " was just plain kool and how about the nude chick on the bike in the desert . She asked him if he want to have some fun and he passed her up ! He was taking " Bennies" and that was speed for you all that wasn't back in the 70's !
    Vic Morrow in " The California Kid " was the bad cop .
    John Ashley in the bad ass in high school in " High School Caesar " corny but OK .
    " Hot Rods to Hell " the father was a wimp till he got real pissed off at the kids in the hot rods that would run them off the road !
    "Hot Rod the Movie" was a good flick that was on TV back in the early 70's . Brian and his hemi 41 Willys , the races were at the Fremont Raceway in California
    The original " Gone in 60 seconds " that H B Halicki did was one of the greatest chase movies there ever was . All was done with real cars and no bullshit redo's with movie tricks ! He would do them when the cops were on duty change and no one was around to get them . He really did the movies with NO permits ! The Junkman was his second movie that had some good chase scenes too but not as good .
    Another great chase movie with a cop the says " I going to get that sucker if it's the last thing I ever do " , "The Blues Brothers" . Great movie and had more BIG name stars than any movie I have ever seen ! Many started their career in that flick .
    There are many more but I am sure someone else will get to them !

RetroJim

12. motorhead711

motorhead711

Peter Fonda as "Crazy Larry" from Dirty mary and Crazy Larry. He was pretty damn cool, and didn't take any shit from anyone!! Except the train at the end...they ALMOST made it!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  13. motorhead711

motorhead711

Oh ya man!! Gator Mcluski!! White lightning is one of my favorite car movies. That LTD was a charged up SOB!!!

Attached Files:

14. motorhead711

motorhead711

Not a car movie at all, but Buddy Revell from 3 oclock high was a real tough guy and drove a bad ass car to school in the beginning of the movie.

Attached Files:

15. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

Does Turra Satana count?

16. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I will be watching Hot Rod Horror tonight, I will let you know if there are any villans to speak of.

17. Me and my brother have a copy each:D
    Lars

18. SteadyT

SteadyT

There's two of them, they're bad ass, and they're on a mission...

[​IMG]

19. dannyego

dannyego

oh yeah! got it on vhs. Its to bad I dont have a vhs player anymore

20. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

21. stlrider

stlrider

There on a mission from GOD

22. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

Someone might know this, I saw this movie when I was a kid, and I have no Idea of the name but.... This guy is hitchhicking in the desert and is picked up by a guy in an early flat black charger, and he is huffin nitros.
    he ends up wrecking the car and the hitch hicker gets out and there are all these white rabbits coming outta the trunk.:eek:

23. my best friend has thd black Corvette :eek:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  24. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

The movie was "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot" that starred Clint Eastwood and Jeff Bridges, along with a '73 Trans Am and a '51 Merc. The car you were thinking was a Charger was actually a '73 Fury 2 door.[​IMG]

25. sonim38

sonim38

besides steve mcqueen who is obviously the best...

richard lawson from sometimes they come back...loved that movie when i was young.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. wild willey

wild willey

Steve McQueen will FOREVER be BAD ASS........

27. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

Thanks man!!! thats going to the top of my netflix list:cool:

28. Rockabilly E

Rockabilly E
    from oregon

And for a bonus there is a young Cathrine Bach -Daisy Duke as well.:)

29. Just bought that movie a month ago, I love Goody's Merc. And don't forget the icecream truck, now there's a "HotRod". :p

30. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

What a fun thread! I had to read every page. You can't argue with any of the votes. Myself, I feel lucky to be of the age that bridged Thunder Road to Bullitt to Vanishing Point. If you read anything about Mr. Mitchums' real life-getting blackballed from Hollywood for his outspoken position on pot, etc.-you will see this guy was for REAL. As ballsy a guy as ever lived. Love that guy.
    McQueen should get points for the bike jump in the Great Escape--I think he did that himself, but I may be wrong. One kool sonofagun...
    Which brings me to my all time favorite movie, Vanishing Point. It was just a cult movie for so long, I am glad it finally is all over, thanks to DVDs. Fans of that movie should google goofs vanishing point for some interesting reading. This was a total B movie when made, but I hitchhiked my young butt to the movie house a couple times a week to watch it. I could not get enough of that white Challenger screeching tires on dirt, etc. !!! The scene where he ditches some cop bikes and cars by breaking every law known to man but then uses his turn signal to climb from the median back to the 4 lane at high speed is a klassic!...and to the guy that said Kow doesn't count cause he was on uppers---well, that was just the way it was back then.
    Eddy from Dallas