Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest if your younger than 20 read this.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lost rodder, Aug 7, 2009.

1. brandonwillis

brandonwillis
    from Tucson AZ

awsome, but get him a real respirator. Painting throws some real awful fumes in the air

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. lost rodder

lost rodder

am i the only one who dosent use one?:confused:

3. nope I don't either.

4. Nerdbynight

Nerdbynight

There are two of us that are under 21 on my block that own pre-60's cars! Imagine that! lol.

5. lost rodder

lost rodder

what do they have? by the way i like your car..

6. Nerdbynight

Nerdbynight

Thanks. Well one is me. lol. And the other has a '58 Fairlane, and a '63 Ranchero also.

7. WTF????? I like young but I don't like stupid. Your lungs WILL be damaged with the rest of your body.

8. brandonwillis

brandonwillis
    from Tucson AZ

yup. Im only 20. But at age 16 i met my mothers friend whos been painting for over 30 years. Back when i guess the technology for respirators wasn't very up to date.

The guy could hardly talk then, sounded crazy all the time, and was just plain ole crazy.

Paint fumes are really harmful. And not funny to screw around with.
    contrary to popular belief. Its NOT cool to fry your brain for no reason

9. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

I heard those respirators are just for beginners?:confused: Just kidding, but I was thinking the same thing about that pic.

10. oldsmolet

oldsmolet

My kind of girl lol. Im in the process of building a 27 t coupe with 392 hemi. Also have a 39 buick coupe and 56 star chief. i guess im to old for this thread i just turned 21 years old started off in muscle cars then got my head on right and found the good stuff.

11. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

That isn't even a respirator. That is a dust mask. The fumes will go right through it as though it wasn't even there. Right Church, wrong pew.

12. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

well i'll join in tho i'm 2 years too old (22)

this is my 34 pu I started building when i was 16

[​IMG]

53 ford pu dash molded into it sectioned and cut in about 9 places to fit
    [​IMG]

current projects are a 60 falcon gasser and a 30 model a roadster on 32 rails and y block power. oh the falcon is getting a blown y block mccullough style

[​IMG]

also have a belly tank in the works powered by a model a V4-F class engine

13. 7ate9

7ate9
    from Maine

I'm almost 19, I'm building a '37 ford pickup hot rod! I chopped the roof 4" channeled it 6", 4" dropped front axle, shortened the bed 6"... my little brothers only 16 and hes starting on a '54 bel air that he's making into a lead sled! I also have 2 older brothers, ones got a '57 chevy and the others building a '41 plymouth coupe.

14. bigshag

bigshag

i'm seventeen and this is my 38.
    me and my dad build it together, i cant take all the credit.
    we got it done just in time for the nationals. unfortunantly this is the only picture i have.

[​IMG]

15. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

I like the mail box

16. zimbob

zimbob
    from Colorado

Im 22. Had a 30 3w when i was 18/19 tho wish i never would of sold it..
    [​IMG]

But i currently have a 63 f100 project

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

kool I seen a few of them around. I like it even more cause its a ford

18. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

heres another pic i found of the sedan i built for my girlfriend, and hes the 65 nove me and my dad built and he drives it almost everyday
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. -TKL-

-TKL-

your girlffreind is a lucky one haha

20. torch2099

torch2099
    from SoCal

I am 17, live in SoCal, and I have a '55 Plymouth coupe. I recently co-founded a classic car club at my school it's going pretty well. I am also planning a car show with the other guys I am in the club with. Unfortunately, I have no recent pics of the Plymouth to show. The cars and rodders on this thread seem top-notch.

21. hey there, Im 17 andlive in the great white north, vancouver island b.c. its pretty much seattle. so i got down to oregon all the time for parts. ive got a 61 and a 65 falcon. not so much hot rods, but good classics. I was more into the muscle end of things but im really warming to the rods. There is so much more creativity! once the 65 is done im going to be in search of a good big old ford. I like all of them but i think im going to go with the 49-51 shoebox ford . I like the simple lines once there all chopped dropped and channeled. my 61 is currently my daily and im rebuilding its tranny right now. and since its under the knife already, she's getting a 2 inch drop and skinny whites to give her a wicked little stance. this year im taking automotive courses in college so im only in high school until march. after that i have a choice to go into high performance engine building or bodywork from a local rodder. where i would learn to do all the wicked metal work. and paint.

22. heres a shitty little video hah its pretty old.
    [​IMG]

23. 3spd

3spd

I'm 17 and I Just bought a 1956 Buick Century 4 door wagon. It needs a lot of love.

Here are some pics: http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l222/III_3_III/Mah BUICK/

This weekend I'm going to buy a running 322 to drop in it.

The oldest car any of my friends have is my sister and she has a '73 VW Beetle... Other than that its all new stuff, 90's+. Plus my parents know nothing about cars so that doesn't help either!

Nice cars guys!

Ryland

24. Fuzzthestriper

Fuzzthestriper

hahaha you guys might laugh but i am 19 and have not built any rods yet. i own a 1970 c-10 but its back in my hometown. were i live i cant afford a garage or anywere to store my ride. i also have a 57 4d buick that belonged to my great great grandpa and tend on fixing that up once i buy my house in about a year. but i am a striper. Need any striping done. get at me. i am all about preserving the kustom culture.

25. torch2099

torch2099
    from SoCal

nah man, it pretty damn kool.

26. Flashback58

Flashback58
    from Tucson Az.

Well I guess I should introduce myself as well. Names Brant Inglis, 17 years old. I've got a Jalopy VW bug (its fast-ish don't hate) I've also got the second built Scotty Fenn TE-440 dragster with a flat motor in it. As well as the 1960 'Flashback' AA/FD and the 'Challenger' 1968 B/Gas rail dragster both in restoration. I've been Drag racing for 10 years now in rear engine but I perfer driving front engine rails.

I dont feel as lonely now that I know there are so many people under 20 here on the HAMB. I'm quite glad to be here.

Brant

27. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Pretty neat cars guys!

28. frankthetank62

frankthetank62

I'm 19 and I'm goin to Kettering University for Mechanical Engineering. I have a 62 Bel Air wagon that I bought the summer before my senior year of high school. Just the stock 283 and powerglide for now but hopefully that will change over my Christmas break. Right now I'm workin on the interior and will be rebuilding the front end soon. Keeps me busy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  29. Hotrod95

Hotrod95