Register now to get rid of these ads!

OOPS now what do I do?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastrnu, Sep 27, 2009.

1. chopo

chopo

yep it ranks right up there with the camel tow truck.:(

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  2. Yes, definitely different, but that could be a good thing. I think a killer flake paint job and some differnt wheels (something chrome) and the thing would fly as a 60's custom/show car. Hell, the price was right

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Yeah, heavy flake/cobwebbed paint job, tell everybody it's a long lost Barris creation...

4. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Yeah I saw it out front when it was at cut Rate. Then it disapeared. When i sold the 29 the guy had t it at his shop and said he had 12K into it and thats what he would nedd back out. I started laughing at him. i took it for shits and giggles Dont really think I will change much. i kinda dug cruising all day on 2 gallons. Low buck econo custom. Biggest thing I think I will do is mirrors and drop the seats to where I fit the windows.

5. mprice

mprice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Washington

Paint it Black , pick up Robin and drive to Gothem City.

6. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

yeah you alot nicer stuff than me all I have is a 33chevrolet and a 03 GMC2500HD and you all this nice shit

2005 Dodge Ram
    2005 Chrysler Crossfire
    1929 ford roadster
    1937 Studebaker
    1949 dodge coronet
    1992 Suzuki Sidekick
    1971 Avion

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  7. BullyDog

BullyDog
    from Atlanta GA

whos this CHOPO jerk?....and why has he got a hardon for OnlyChevrolets?...come on guys be cool. He does have some nice shit there that 92 Suzuki is something to be proud of!

8. chopo

chopo

9. Julio

Julio
    from san diego

that thing is fucking rad!!!!! just get the fenders to have a more swept/ smoother line and flake till theres no tomorrow!

10. Spity

Spity

Have you seen this roach in person?

11. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

WOW HAS THIS BEEN FUN. i got to say I apreciate all the input and some of what I heard is the direction i will go. This thing was thrown together just for kicks. It will never be perfect. But i have to say if you think you have a perfect rod bring it to me. I truly want to see it. There truly is no definition for the perfect hot rod. IMHO the first hot rods were 1907 Peking to Paris cars. we aint quit since. Just got faster and learned to stop a little better. The one thing that has gottten fucked up along the line is our egos. My check book is faster then your checkbook etc. I believe hot rodding is a synergy. Guys getting to gether and sharing ideas, pasion and a common interest in building cars. in that, very rarely do they all agree on the same concept or ideas. So you boys just keep on squabbling. I have had/built more cars than I can remember. Any person can follow a recipy and get out their little check book and assemble a bunch of store bought parts. yippy. I personnaly like building customs. My last two builds were built with whatever I had. I like the customs of the 60's thats a time I remember and first got into cars back then. This little truck reflects that flavor. Yeah its ruff. Needs a shitload of work to be perfect. OOPS there is no perfect. I am into it 0 I have spare motors, frames, wheels, tires, bondo, paint and the list goes on. For right now I will drive it just like it is 4 banger 4 speed getting 26mpg and cruising around all day on about 7 bucks. i hvnt done that since the 70's I got out my 25 tt with the cross ram and way to many ponies to go get parts and spent $10 bucks going into town for and hour. I am likeing having the choice to drive what the fuck I want.

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Drive it, it's finished.

Frank

13. RichG

RichG

...with a little work and some imagination the proportions fit much better:D

But yeah, drive it into a tree, junk it, just give up and buy a fucking Prius. Cripes, I thought I was hanging out with Hot Rodders...

[​IMG]

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He wont have to tell everyone, Barris will claim it as one of his!

15. Have you? Really?

I say that because while it's not perfect, it's certainly fixable if you want to make an effort.

But honestly I shouldn't be surprised some people hate it enough to say scrap it, radical customs almost always have a flock of haters be it this cobbled mess or something Barris built in his heyday. To each their own, I suppose, it just bugs me when someone who's apparently a car guy can look at any car and not see any value or potential in it - even if it's not your thing, someone else might dig it.

16. just for fun:D
    find a college that is going to preform the "grease" play and sell :)or rent it to them for the " hot rod " Ford part

17. pecker head

pecker head

I also dig it , needs different wheels and color !

18. big creep

big creep

looks better here!

19. pastlane

pastlane

Hard to believe that it made it to page 7 before anyone mentioned Barris.

Truck has potential for sure

20. bigolds

bigolds

This one fixes the first problem I saw...the size of the side windows. I actually like this truck and think that knocking some of the ugly disproportionate stuff off of it (like this photoshop) makes a neat "show" type truck. Just do it!!!!!

21. budrow

budrow

that's not a real car/truck/vehicle,is it? this is a joke, right?

22. RichG

RichG

On my photoshopped pic:

1. lobbed metal slug off back of bed
    2. bobbed rear fender
    3. lowered bed, moved forward (or molded closer)
    4. stretched door 4"
    5. raised doorframe 3-4"
    6. rounded corners on bottom of door
    7. rounded back of front fender, raised leading edge
    8. aligned the headlight windsplint with the body
    9. dropped the nose for a little rake
    10. wheels and tires (of course :D)

23. markanthony

markanthony

only glaring thing in the side profile is the height above the roof, and that was fixed in the photoshop...have fun with it

24. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

I think you really nailed it. Just reshape the bottom front corners of those front fenders, and remove that nasty "roll pan" thing. The bobbed rear's really clean it up. I would also remove the trunk lid and make it a real "truck". Actually the fins really make the truck look pimp. Some wild candy metal flake and this truck would really be kewl. If you could knock off the rear section where the tails are, and roll it up with a functional tailgate, I think it would really clean up the truck too.

25. bigolds

bigolds

I was taking a good long look at the original pic. It does look a little suspect, the road that it's sitting on looks a little unnatural (shadows and all). This could be a little bit of a hoax....hey maybe not....show us a couple more pics. We can offer some more help!!!!!

26. Looks like Batman's idea of a shop truck...

HEY, maybe you want to run with that. Moviecar it...

27. Looks like it belongs in a batman movie as a villon?

28. Sumtingwong

Sumtingwong
    from Enola, Pa

Put an Edsel grill on the front, lose the other 50 lbs of craptastic sheet metal on the front, chop the gills off of it, and straighten out that pan of lasagna that passes for sheetmetal.

29. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

UH, yeah OK, hang on, i am running for the camera. Thats one of the funniest things I have ever heard. "The Intenationalcadillacticluvmobile conspiracy" i been telling the county about them unnatural road shadows for years. They still wont send someone out!

Attached Files:

30. Photoshop Spock and the green slave girl into a picture of it and you can start a whole new 8-page thread. Or maybe Darth Vader. Or Darth Helmet.

Yeah, go with Darth Helmet or President Screwem, the picture won't even need a caption.