Register now to get rid of these ads!

Favorite car movie tough guy??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jokerjason, Sep 30, 2009.

1. jokerjason

jokerjason

Hey all, I was watching some car movies this weekend and thought about the toughest guys in the movies, my vote is Buddy Reperton from Christine but the guys that were beating Toad up in Graffiti seemed tough untill Milner came by and gave them a beat down!!! have a cool day, JOKER JASON.

Attached Files:

2. How about the WD-40 snorting punk rocker dudes in The Wraith? I'm pretty sure that was the right movie but it's been a long time. Crazy Larry (with Dirty Mary) ?

3. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

My vote is on Buddy. He was pretty much a bad-ass.

I've seen a ton of car movies in my time, but for just pure mean, bully, bad-ass... I can't think of anyone worse than Buddy.

I love the part where he rolls out the back of Christine on fire. Looks like she crapped him out lol. If I was him, I would've ran behind one of those gazillion telephone poles he was running past.

4. skunx1964

skunx1964

thatd be Skank and his pal gutterboy. hes seen snortin wd40(or somethin similar), drinkin hydraulic fluid, and paintin his face with a paint kit, hahaha. my fav movie as a kid, i loved that beat up ass cuda....

5. HomeBrewKustoms

HomeBrewKustoms

Hey I'm going to have to Go with RACER X (Actually RacerX is really Speed Racers long lost brother Rex) hahaha Not the Sissy movie one the toon one!!!
    [​IMG]

6. phukinartie

phukinartie

How about Newbomb Turks big brother in Hollywood Knights

7. HomeBrewKustoms

HomeBrewKustoms

Im changing my answer!!! SKANK and Gutterboy!!
    [​IMG]
    I wonder when they will come out with another "Real" great car film?

8. Larry T

Larry T

Hard to go against Lee Marvin, Robert Mitchum, or Steve McQueen.
    Larry T

9. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

Robert Mitchum in Thunder Road

10. metalshapes

metalshapes

Billy Bob Thorton in U-turn.

UTurn1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  11. 440shawn

440shawn

Man I got to go with bullet, love that Dodge charger and the tire smoke

12. Gator

Gator

The unseen truck driver in "Duel"

[​IMG]

13. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I've been thinking the same thing for years.

Here's a question, when was the last really great car film? I know there were a couple in the early 80's/late 70's. I can't really think of anything HAMB related newer than that though.

The problem is nowadays it may not be possible to make a really good car movie. CGI has ruined film.

Maybe Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof is as close to a good car movie as we can get recently... Those chicks talked waaaaaay too much in that movie though. WAY TOO MUCH.

14. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Not even close you guys! Stallone in "Cobra" is the quentissential badass. Remember the scene when the cholos in the lowrider were in his spot? He may be a sawed off SOB, but he sure looked big in that flick.
    "I'm an f-in hunter man!"
    " Your a disease...and I'm the cure.."
    Pure Badass...

15. Bronson in majestic and anything with McQueen!

16. jokerjason

jokerjason

No doubt man!!!!

17. Steve McQueen.

18. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I brainfarted big time. Mr. Majestyk is one of my all-time favorite movies and I forgot all about it.

Bronson for the win, HANDS DOWN.

Now about toughest movie cars... i'd say the original Eleanor and the F100 from Mr. Majestyk... both cars weren't heavily modified and they survived some nasty punishment.

19. jokerjason

jokerjason

Man I thought me and bro were the only ones that own a copy of Duel!!!
    He was a mean bastard!!!!

20. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Ok, I need some schooling on "Duel", I thought I'd seen pretty much all car flicks, but I've never heard of it, is it available to rent or buy on DVD?

21. skunx1964

skunx1964

ah ya, kurt russell is a badass in that movie. that nova ruled :)

22. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

23. jokerjason

jokerjason

Duel came out I think in 70-71, this guy is driving to a business appointment in a Plymouth Valiant and comes across this truck driver that keeps messing with him all the way down the highway, pretty good action in that movie....I still want to know who was driving it!!??? JOKER JASON.

Attached Files:

24. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

You can find 'em used at amazon.com or go to wal-mart like I did. I think I lucked out BIG TIME and found it in one of those 5 dollar bins. I shoulda bought 2 of 'em so I could lend one out and still have a copy.

I watched that movie for the first time when I was about 5 years old. My dad kept scaring the crap outta me because he knew all the "spooky" parts where the crashing music would come on real loud. haha...

My family actually got together for dinner a few weeks back and we all watched Duel. It's a good one for kids too. Back when movies had good music in the background, and didn't said the F word every other second.

25. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Yeah, "He must've got that scar when he fell outta his time machine"

I hadn't laughed that hard in a movie theater in a loooong time. That movie had a couple of good zingers in it.

Kurt Russell was a total badass in that movie.

26. Larry T

Larry T

IMDB says Cary Loftin.

27. sixfink

sixfink
    from Germany

Billy Bob Thornton in U-Turn is grade-A.

Still, the ALMIGHTY WEZ is a lot meaner in the second Road-Warrior movie!!!

[​IMG]

Vernon Wells also had a reprise as Wez in "weird science", albeit this time not dragging along a queer boy on his chain, but he had a cool, colored punk chick on his leash this time. Groovy.

IIRC, she was played by the same actress who also played that punk b*tch in "Repo Man".

Speaking of "Repo Man", self-lobotomized scientist J. Frank Parnell would be my badass role model. Drives around in an underdog '64 chebby malibu 4door with dead aliens he stole from Area51 in his trunk and plays with radioactivity as if it was mere sunrays, now how badass is that?

Surely beats punk kids with a sawed-off .12 gauge.

28. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The original Mad Max.....
    'I am the Night Rider, fuel injected suiside machine....'
    Or the Toe Cutter...
    'This is Bubba Zanettyi, and Bubba would like his hand back....'

But no one beats Max Rockatansky,
    'The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel. It'd take you ten minutes to hack through it with this. Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go.'

Doc.

29. sixfink

sixfink
    from Germany

Ohh, come on...! Cain't blame 'em for that, it's natural for girls to chatter, yap and yack all the time. And if they are doin' that fer ya, it is a sign of approval, generally. Took me a while to find out.

Oh my, I know I am just the FNG here, and don't even own a HAMB-friendly car ATM, but it ain't Bubba who wanted his hand back... it's Cundalini! Sounds Italian to me.

Bubba's the guy with the German Mauser C-96. Can ya'll see my chest swelling with pride?

Sadly, he wasn't badass enough. He got royally "pwned" by a load of buckshot, as them youngsters would say.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  30. I vote for McQueen in Bullit hands down. Dual is a great movie and available look up on Amazon.