Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anything cool not to miss in Vegas this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NotStockPhoto, Sep 30, 2009.

1. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I just got back from a 3,000 mile roadtrip, and now I am boarding a plane to vegas. I am there for PhotoShop World conference this weekend. I also know its Vegas Bike Week and a Tattoo convention anything else I shouldnt miss? Especially if its a late night deal

2. Kerry67

Kerry67

I would be up for the Tattoo convention.

3. senior fried

senior fried

Do yourself a favor and go see the Titanic exhibit at the Luxor. Its easy to catch before you leave, its close to the airport.

4. Kerry67

Kerry67

I saw the Titanic exhibit. VERY cool. THey had a HUGE iceburg in there that you could touch and they said the water was colder than that. Amazing......

5. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

cool thanks for the suggestion the wife would dig that, and maybe we could take a pic on the end of the boat like in the movie lol

6. the Auto Collections at the Imperial Palace... i spent about two hours in there looking and snapping pictures..

7. Rasmus

Rasmus
    from Las Vegas

Take the Dam Tour.

Road trip to the Valley of Fire. Be sure to take SR 187 (aka Northshore Rd) to get to and from there if you want the scenic curvy drive. I-15 is just plain boring.

Have breakfast at the Peppermill Lounge. Order a bloody mary with your meal. Yes I said breakfast.

For your Dive Bar needs: The Laughing Jackalope. And I quote from the reviews, "This place is a dump!" Don't order the food. Really.

For GREAT beer: Hofbrauhaus. Order the dunkle lager. Stay for a meal.

8. Kerry67

Kerry67

The bar at the Peppermill is a cool place just to hang out and have a couple as well.......

9. When that exhibit was in OKC, we went, and I told my sister that was a piece of the actual iceberg that sunk the Titanic... she was like "Reeeealllly??" :D

10. Mopar34

Mopar34

Trashy womem. Unless you have your wife with you. Then avoid them at all costs.:eek:

11. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I'm fond of the Roulette tables myself. PM me for a strategy that hasn't failed me yet. "Yet" may be the key word. ;)

12. My in-laws are there, avoid them at all costs. Definitely do the peppermill. Get an omelet.

13. Kerry67

Kerry67

Jesus......and woman say they are the smarter sex.

14. N8B

N8B

For some reason no one ever takes me up on the offer to clean my shop while visitng.. Im always up late working....Weird.
    The Tattoo convention at the Mandalay looks interesting. I may stop in on that.
    The "Dive Bar" the "Double Down" or the "Tiki Longe" are always on the list.
    The Imperial Palace auto collection.
    You may be able to get a private showing of the Art Goldstrom collection.
    The "BODY" exhibit is also still going on.

15. Gruizer54

Gruizer54

When i was down there a few months ago with the wife, I took her to the Beatles "Love" Cirque du Soleil. It was pretty cool. But I really like the Beatles. You can get tickets really cheap if you get them the day of the show.

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

If you see a crazy 78 year old man groping young women it's probably my publisher. He'll be there for the Mario Barth Tattoo Convention. He'll be there tomorrow. None of us get to go. We'll just be slave driven in out dark and miserable office. Have fun!!!

17. N8B

N8B

AHHHHH. Jump in the 35 and come on over.....

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I would like to, but it's not running yet. Now the '26 is good to go but by the time I get there I will have to leave. I will live through the pictures I guess.

19. No, they say that women are the fairer sex.

----

I'll get lambasted for saying this, but I think the Cirque du Soleil shows are neat; Ka has some pretty impressive (from an engineering standpoint) moving platforms utilized throughout the show.

The Titanic and Bodies exhibits are neat.

Since you'll be in training courses and what-not during the day, some of the day-trip type suggestions might be difficult to pull off (Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire).

A lot of it depends upon your budget, though. Shows can quickly be knocked off the list if you can't spring for the tickets (although, the day-of discounts can help).

20. cuomo73

cuomo73

Frankie's Tiki Room