Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ark City KANSAS Ends today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edljames, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Have a little time before Church so here are a few pics.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  2. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I used to love this show. but now it is loosing steam or is it just me? more of a street rod show and kustoms very very few.

3. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

oh and the bike in the pic won best stock bike > wtf ? doesn't look stock too me . but oh well. the owner wasn't too offended.

4. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The bike is a 1942 45 H-D bobber i was happy that it was well recived. The paint was done by some guy in Ark City:) Helmet striped by Blaineo aka Blaine Scott

5. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

I never missed a Last Run for years... But quit going several years ago. To many mini trucks and such

6. Arthur1958

Arthur1958

I don't think it's loosing steam. There were a lot of cars, and many I had not seen before. But there were definitely fewer customs. Maybe there are just too many similar events too close together now.

7. The Last Run I try not to miss is the years when they give away a rod - even if it is a pro built street rod. To me, Stray Kats is the best for real car guy customs and fun.

8. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Amazing show, good turn out nice weekend..... kool people... what more can you ask for??

9. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

I went for the first time in years and was very disappointed...too many tuners and late model cars....bring back the old days with street rods and customs

10. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

The tuners are normaly there, but the trucks just resantly started coming... its a shame...

11. chaotic

chaotic

I don't like the new cars that are straight off the lot, maybe custom wheels and neon. Doesn't excite me. But I do like seeing young enthusiasts starting with whatever they can start with. Just like most of us did as kids. Sad thing is, their generation doesn't have the cool cars to pick from, not as easy to find as it was for us.

Had a great time at the show. I agree that the Stray Kat shows are the best. Gotta love the cruise night though.

12. yblock292

yblock292

I quit going years ago, to much "I'm not interested in stuff" LONG LIVE STRAY KATS!

13. fuddpucker

fuddpucker

Can't we all just get along!!!!!

14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Jack, Stray Kats have nine lives. That is a long time....

I've missed very few Ark City shows since the 11th one and I always seem to
    have a good time. This year "car wise" was disappointing but that seems to be
    the trend of open shows. I still had a blast because I ran into a lot friends. We
    did one lap and it took us over two hours.

I had to deliver some parts to Jeff (fink'd) so we took a late model. Besides doing
    my delivery service, I wanted to see "Chaotic Customs" new Merc build and I wasn't
    disappointed at all. Chris and his team of family did an awesome job and should be
    very proud of their Sled. (See pictures posted above.)

Highlight of the weekend, I picked up a kool poster that was already framed. Some guy
    named McPhail did the art work.

After the show we cruised by Jeff Meyer's place and hung out for an hour or so and
    swaped road rash stories. Its so kool to have so many kustom people around the Mid-West!!

Kongtrats to Chaotic Customs for another kool build!!

Happy Trails,

Mick

15. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Hey Mick...sorry we missed you...I saw Travis and he said that you were there someplace...Chaotic Customs merc was VERY KOOOOOL...it probably had Jeff's drewl all over it...LOL....Later...Glenn

16. mongo51

mongo51

I looked all over for you Mick.I was told you were there. O well, I was a little disapointed in the show myself. But that MERC kicks butt.

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The show is big enough it makes it easier to dodge people.......Ha, ha, ha, just kid'n.

I hate that I missed ya guiys. I wasn't aware that you were in the park or I would
    have shot up a flare to let ya guys know where I was at. See ya guys soon.....

Did I mention that Chaotic Customs had a Merc at the show that was way too kool....

Happy Trails,

Mick

18. mrs chaotic

mrs chaotic
    from ----

From a woman's persepective, any show that has real bathrooms instead of porta-johns is a hit with me!