Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did anyone at the HAMB buy anything at the Icons of Speed and Style auction?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SuperFleye, Sep 27, 2009.

1. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

I heard that some classy cars went really cheap at the auction, did anyone here on the HAMB buy any of the cars?

2. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Anybody have the result$$$

3. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Yes.
    Megan bought a sweet manifold for a flatty.
    Moriarity bought some parts, a Von Dutch drill and Roth's Mega Cycle. BAD ASS!!!! Plus the fuel altered for a friend of his. I believe Verne bought a Von Dutch sander. I picked up a shirt that Roth airbrushed. I think a HAMBer bought the Druid Princess, Sonny Mazza roadster and Harry Bradleys La Jolla. Can't remeber her name, but I want to say she's involved with a museum.

I'm sure there was more, but I can't remember.

4. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks for the update! Anyone else know more about the results, what the cars went for?

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Holly, AKA Car Gurl bought the LaJolla for herself, her boyfriend Scott bought the rest of those cars, plus a couple more.

6. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Wow, La Jolla is a pretty kool car to own.....
    hope she'll post some pictures here.
    I loved the 34 "bobber" truck, is it gone to a hamber too?

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Her and I chatted about her becoming more active on the HAMB. Now that she's got the AACA Museum http://www.aacamuseum.org/ under control alittle better she'll have some free time. Being a single mom with a career like she has doesn't lend itself to be able to spend alot of time on the internet. She's going to try to attend the Jalopy Showdown in May.

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

LMAO, not that's a Rudy truck... the one that started the craze, I still don't know where the bobber crap came from... :eek::D

9. Anyone know where D'Agostinos Firestar Thunderbird went? I noticed it wasn't in my garage this morning....My Wife lied to me, again............Centurion9

10. wvenfield

wvenfield

Was that you there Denise? On the live internet feed I swear I saw you pop into the picture when the 61 T-bird rolled across.

Had your camera and was taking pics?

11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Did bruce Meyer end up with the Tony Nancy 22 jr. I know he was wanting it real bad from a conversation he had while up here a few weeks ago at the Kirkland Concourse show..

12. MarkT

MarkT

RM Auctions site, the results are up there :eek:...insane...How about over 500,000 for the Little Red Wagon :D

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

A very nice couple from if I remember correctly the Long Beach area who choose to purchase that over the Adonis clone after the Adonis clone went just a smidge more then they thought it was worth.:rolleyes:

Yep, had I known they were doing a live feed, and there were HAMB folks watching, I would have waved.:D Didn't realize it till my phone started going off with texts that peeps could see what I was doing.....good thing I didn't choose at that time to pick my nose.:eek::D

14. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

I wrote it all down

cool 50 merc $62,500
    Mysterion $90,000
    adonis $30,000
    Road Agent $170,000
    Fire Truck $82,500
    Starbird Big T $45,000
    Eclpise $77,500
    Mega Cycle $55,000
    Big John Vette $225,000
    Harry Bradley $42,500
    Lil Red wagon $500,000
    boot hill exp $115,000
    Druid Princess $185,000
    Deora $295,000
    Watson T bird $50,000

FRITZ

15. 40Chevy

40Chevy
    from california

I picked up the air cleaners, and tried for a grill shell, but ran out of money. The blue chevy was a steal at 22K. Flathead heads and intakes could be had for 2-300, and E&J headlights were kinda cheap, considering ebay pricing 2K

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The guy who bought the E&J Headlights in the crate later sold the crate alone for $1,000 from what I heard.

17. Holy Shit!!! I love that that truck but I guess somebody out there REALLY loves that truck.

Attached Files:

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

That was a steal at that price....one of the most iconic and recognized hot rod/customs of all times AND it runs and drives!

19. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Yeah but the brake lights dont work on the passenger side:)
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5XPLKJWJMMY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5XPLKJWJMMY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. wvenfield

wvenfield

I agree. That is one of the most iconic vehicles around. Even people not into cars recognize the Deora.

I imagine it wouldn't take long to make that back renting the thing out.

21. mike hamel

mike hamel

Yes, I bought a few of those flathead intakes and heads. They sold very cheap! Almost bought that early scott blower. I think another guy on here bought it though. Almost own that sw gauges and panel too.

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Maybe it's just a burnt out bulb. ;)
    Perhaps I should offer to drive it to my place and work on it for the guy.:D

I haven't looked at my video yet but I bet I've got you in mine.:D

23. the-rodster

the-rodster

The LaJolla, for 24K.

That was the deal of the auction, IMHO.

Rich

24. Car Gurl

Car Gurl

Hey Girl! It was great to see you at the RM Auction! So many amazing cars to see in one place... nothing like that will happen again for a long time.

I'll send some shots of the La Jolla once it comes home, but not for a few weeks.

The Deora was bought by a friend on mine in the Detroit area, so it will be seen again soon!

25. Car Gurl

Car Gurl

Thanks Rich - I'm still shakin' over the deal!

26. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Does anyone know who bought the Adonis?

27. Car Gurl you have one of the coolest chevy customs ever built,I hope you enjoy being the caretaker of it and drive the damn thing cause THATS what there for...congrats kid!!!!

28. Car Gurl

Car Gurl

Thank you! I can't stop shakin' 'cause I can't believe I got it! I have loved this Chevy for years. I can't to drive it!

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I can't wait for a RIDE!!!:D