Register now to get rid of these ads!

OOPS now what do I do?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastrnu, Sep 27, 2009.

1. do the mm boys hav any rpg's

2. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

The beauty of the truck is that no real money was spent, why re-do everything and defeat the low buck theme. Paint, engine and wheels.

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

looks like the original batman where he wore a little mask over just his eyes.
    (look at the roof)

4. It would look better with the door tops stretched a few inches taller so the windows are about the same height as the windshield. Right now they look like the guy installed the shithouse door off an aircraft carrier instead of chopping the originals.

And I'd ditch those Trans-Am taillights in a hurry, stock '61 Caddy would work back there, or anything round and run a flat panel or a grille between the two. The whole bed doesn't flow that well with the rest, though, it would be better if it was more round or more like an original bed - look at the Kopper Kart or the R&C Dream Truck, beds like on those would work better.

'57 or '58 Caddy bumper up front and a chrome grille of some kind - '41 Ford center section? Something, anything else. Maybe take like '58 or '59 Buick grilles and run one all the way across, cut it up and make a V'ed tall center with some kind of stainless divider down the center. Or some sort of mesh insert.

5. 6berry

6berry

how high can it fly?

6. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

The fender openings are wrong, as are the fender bottoms.

Raise it back up to normal height and have a look, it may be more obvious what to do. Probably needs larger wheels/tires, too.

7. Are those Nascar-style trailer wheels painted red? You've got to take it further over the top. Nascar theme? Bottlecaps art car? I hope it has a Dixie or roach coach horn. Tailpipes should be vertical stacks with caps (like a semi) that jingle while idling. And a matching trailer. It needs a name airbrushed on it too. You should combine all makes (International, Cadillac, Chevy Luv, and Isuzu) in the name. Internadillic Luvzu?

8. damnfingers

damnfingers

My mother always said "If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all" so all I will say is .........

9. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

hmm, I am sort of liking it and think with some good moves and a bit of work, could be pretty cool. That is of course if that primer isn't hiding nightmare metal work. Not big on the taillights although i can appreciate the thought and attempt. I say it has got some potential for sure.

10. daddio211

daddio211

Holy shit! You've found the love child of Dr. Cadillac and Dr. Edsel Ford!

11. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

ok so after a little editing on my Paint program here is what I came up with. 1. The roof was to tall in relation to the sidewindow opening. 2. the front wheel needed to come forward a bit. 3. I will more then likley shit can the running boards. 4. Will be looking for new rear fenders. those freakin Elaphant Ears gotta go 5. rear lights will be rethunk

Attached Files:

12. hotrodjim

hotrodjim

Dude, its the Bat-truck LOL Actually I think its pretty cool and has potential. Good luck

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get rid of the wagon wheels and paint the truck black. then put a big speaker in the back and ride around town playing the Batman theme.

One thing about it, anything you do will be in the way of improvement as it has the pound puppy look to it now. But the damned thing grows on a guy.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

14. Johnnyzoom

Johnnyzoom
    from Florida

I'd chop the top and make it a convertible.

If you don't bond with it, sell it to your local chamber of commerce as a parade car.

It does have a strange underdog charm.

15. joebuick

joebuick

I agree 100% on the side windows being to small and the wheels coming forward and as far as taillights I think something much smaller would look much better maybe 58 chev's or 50 poncho.

16. Spity

Spity

I saw this thing on craigslist a while back, and then I saw it this summer in person. What a roach. Put a pickup bed back on the back and bomb it around. When that 1.8 luv motor gives out send it to the crusher.

17. Drop the back, put some full skirts on it and just revel in its ugliness! Could be fun!

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude, you have the start of a VERY cool 60s style show truck. Keep the bed and the fins!
    The roof is ugly, needs to be pancaked? The side windows need a new profile, they are way too rounded especially in the bottom front.
    A cool grille that goes across the front not the two nostrils.
    Maybe 46-8 Ford rear guards to sort of match the fronts shape?
    A wild candy colour, tuck'n'roll, spats and draggin ass.
    I think its kinda cool.

Doc.

PS, Of course a new drive line, Nailhead!!

19. i was thinking 60s show truck as well.

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why is it us model builders see so much potential?

21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse meet Sanford and Son......and build a custom to rival the Rod & Custom Dream Truck!.....:D.......Cool. That thing needs some wild paint! Good Luck........:)

22. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

I'VE GOT IT! that fin makes it look like a wedge, chop the fins off (and give them to me i have a 62' that needs patchin haha) and somehow raise the bedrails up in a "flatter" fashion, and form the taillights in with your new "Kreation" do that and everything "fastrnu" said. or you could just roll with it. hey "s" custom, ese!

23. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

Ok i just got a look at the front and rear angles. Scrap that pile of junk.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  24. picasso

picasso

Fat and curvy works good. Flat and angular works good.(But not on the same car). Cut a hole in the roof and use it for a shooting truck.

25. Old61

Old61
    from PA

This is what happens when ya don't know when ta say when! Customs gone wrong. Crash test it against a new malibu.
    Good luck with it.

26. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I kinda like it! There's potential in it, with a little imagination.

27. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

In my opinion you guys have alot of opinions:D

28. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

take the bed off and replace it with a studebaker bed and work with the rest...jones

29. Why is it some people can't see any potential? Crush it? wow. I didn't know it was so hard to put another motor in there.

30. Darby

Darby

The proportion of roof to window is all wrong, and I don't have the skillz to pancake a roof, so if it was mine, I'd go the convertible route. Then, square off the bottom of the front fenders, simplify/smooth the taillight treatment, and repaint it some color that doesn't look like primer.

Make sure the brakes work and nothing's going to catch on fire and drive it everywhere. Demand valet parking. Drop your kids off at school in it while the popular kids are watching. Buy a prom dress for your fattest, ugliest cousin and drive her (hell--him!) in every town parade you can find. Put flamethrowers on it and take it to church. Especially if you don't go to church.

If it's a hacked-together bondo-job, leave the LUV engine and enjoy it for what it is.