Register now to get rid of these ads!

OOPS now what do I do?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastrnu, Sep 27, 2009.

1. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

I have seen this THING for sale for about a year here in town. It wouldnt sell at $2500. The owner approached me at a car show this summer. i told him it would be fun to play with. (i was thinking machine gun shoot) i know those boys over in the Montana Militia are always looking for something to destroy at their annual shoot. I didnt want to hurt his feelings.He calls the other day aand asks me if I would paint one of his buisnesses for it. I told him 2k and the truck. he goes for it. 1 1/2 days later i am the pround owner of what I call the "Intercadillactic Distress"
    for some freaking insane reason I think I can fix it. WTF
    Any ideas where to start? I'm thinking my cheese has slide right off my cracker!!!!
    somebody help me!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  2. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

For some unknown reason I like it.

3. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Looks like some sort of photoshop creation gone wrong! :)

4. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

LOL --

WTF is that thing made from?

I NEED info!!

5. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

It almost looks like something could be done with it, but my head is hurting trying to figure out just what, or how... Maybe a completely different bed, different front wheel well opening on the front fenders, got pics of that monstrosity from other angles?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  6. Clark

Clark

First read the post about "flow" and I'm not talkin about some chick at a diner.
    Clark

7. Ghost28

Ghost28

I think it could be saved with a few body lines mods, and trim up the fenders so they flow better. It's not so bad if you think about it, there are a lot worse. A LOT WORSE.

Oh and change the paint scheme. It reminds me of an early prototype of the batmobile with those colors.

8. Get rid of the gross two tone primer job and the wagon wheels and that would help a bunch. The truck is sorta kool.

9. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

1942 International cab 64ish? cadillac assend 58 caddy headlites all stuck on a 79 Luv mobile complete with the Izuso forbango

10. I like it. Needs something to tie it together, as in the stripe. I think the part above the stripe needs to be lighter -- maybe even gray to match the bottom.

Please forgive my messy attempt to photoshop. All I can afford is Microsoft Paint.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  11. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

its very..... uh..... interesting.

12. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

In that case, I'd scrap the frame & drivetrain & start 2 projects :)

13. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

Heavy metal-flake lime green with chrome wheels, and a bright white skeleton in the pass seat, with orange tint on all windows. It's a classic!

(Add a real engine, an early Caddy with dual strombergs.)

14. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Gold flake paint accented with red pinstriping, some decent wheels, and drive it. Dont change a damn thing... Yea, it's odd, and ugly... But sooo cool just for what it is.

15. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

James, apparently were thinking along the same lines :D

16. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Bedsides look like 61 or 62 cadillac rear quarters...not much on frame, and drivetrain, but I think it's pretty cool looking. Any more pix of front and rear?

17. would like to see a few more angles of it but i think it would be cool if you cut some of the bulk out of the tops of the front fenders,and the roof above the door tops and downsized the rear fenders......somehow and get rid of the isuzu engine

18. Hey, does that bad boy move under it's own power? I say drive it and have some fun with "The Uninformed"... Ha,ha. It is sort of cool in a really weird sort of way...

19. Clark

Clark

58 Caddy headlights? It needs a 58 Caddy bed. The bed has too may angles and lines. The 58 Caddy quarters were rounded like the rest of the truck.

OK I'm giving in to the madness just a little :)
    Clark

20. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

For that money you got a deal, this vehicle smokes about every more-door on the planet, save for the rare Lincolns and such. Shitcan the import 4-banger and put a real engine in it, you'll have a keeper.

21. uniquecoaches

uniquecoaches

I like the first idea with the Montana Militia. It looks like Batman built a custom truck. You could rename it the Gotham City Garbage hauler

22. Ditch the whole tub, get some rear finders that have a sweep, kinda like 36 truck, put a 'normal' tub on it, tuck and rolled running boards, moon caps, paint it a decent colour maybe one of those hot rod flatz colours or flat white and i think it wouldnt be sooooooo bad hahahahha

23. spook498

spook498

Well, were it me....

On the trailing edge of the front wheel wells, cut the bottom off, so it is level with the bottom of the cab body line, all horizontal. Find the bed of a mid 70s Chevy stepside, use these fenders, roll pan the back, and slap on some smoothie running boards.

Or leave it as is, drive it, and be known as the "kookie old man from down the street and his weird truck"...

24. skoh73

skoh73

86 the the engine for sure, and go to "the photoshop thread to end all photoshop threads" post some pics and ask for ideas- you should have some luck.:D

25. I kinda like it...the roof above the doors looks a little too tall, but other than that...Its cheap, its different, and it really, really needs paint & wheels changed...

Kooky but fun.

Is it reasonably well put together?

26. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

Turn the roof around, paint it green. and put WTF emblems on it, sell it.

27. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

It's a good thing the guy aborted it, it would'nt of survived on it's own. Butch/56sedandelivery.

28. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Sell it or drive it as-is until you sell it, but that thing with a crap drivetrain has too little going for it to invest a bunch of time or money.

29. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

great responses i espcially like the Gotham City Garbage hauler idea. 58 cad metal is my thought also as is taking the top down. Heres some more shots . Its a bit late but here goes.

Attached Files:

30. MrkCat37

MrkCat37

The front doesn't look all that bad. Maybe a bumper and rework the grill. That alien lookin' back end has got to go.