Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 3 Window at Auction, Norfolk Nebraska

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patina steve, Sep 26, 2009.

1. patina steve

patina steve

Anybody going to th Auction that can report the selling price, Lets see how soft the economy is ?

Attached Files:

2. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I would if I could, it looks pretty damn good!

3. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Cha ching!!....Nice start and the way to find them if you can.

4. diggers4life

diggers4life

5. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Well this makes two things of note in Norfolk NE, Johnny Carson's hometown and now a sweet 32 3W...:~) The availability of new steel bodies doesn't seem to have pulled the selling price down for real Henry J tin, it will be interesting to see how much this car will bring.

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

3 window just missed 50,000! I can't remember the exact amount. It was a nice starter but no creampuff and had a throwaway deck lid. Also saw a 32 grille and shell go for 3100.00. So much for Brookville parts causing a soft market in original parts.

7. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

You guy's must have a bunch of rich farmers down in NB. A buddy of my Dads let us know about a 40 pickup that was on an auction in Republican City (pop@300), It was a decent original that needed to be restored, and it went for around $10,000! We were guessing about $5,000 if they were lucky!

8. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I'm amazed that the 3 window could bring 50k in this economy when the Khougaz roadster just went for "only" 190k considering it's history and Simard resto. Seems like the rolling parts are weathering the economic storm better than the "good" cars !

9. And I can't sell my original '32 stuff if my life depended on it - is $1300 too much for very nice original front fenders? How about $4500 for a decent Fordor body with dash, doors AND complete set of garnishes? I need to find these guys who will pay market value and not offer 10% of what it's worth.

Steve

10. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

and then

LOCATION ;)

Being in Canada hurts the sale of your 32 stuff. Plus front fenders came on every 32 Ford. 3W coupes ... only 22 thousand & a few were made. 4 doors cost a BUNCH in 1932 ... but unfortunately ( for you ) ... they are the least desirable by RODDERS ... BUT ... If you were here in the South
    You would have already sold the stuff :D

As for the 3W ...
    Some stupid folks pay STUPID money for them. Don't ask me ... how I know ... ;)

Oh ... by the way
    If you were close by
    I would buy the fenders if they are as nice as you say :)

11. diggers4life

diggers4life

$47,000 for the '32 3w - Someone in Washington bought it over the phone.
    $3,150 for a nice '32 grille shell and grille
    $1,000 for a decent '32 grille shell with an aftermarket grille

I think there were some guys that drove a long way to that sale thinking they were going to buy that body cheap. They were wrong.

Crazy money...

12. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

CRAZY MONEY! Crap , I could almost pay off my house with that. THAT is ridiculous money for a project, friggin ridiculous for a grill.

13. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Was the $3150 shell/grille at least a pines winterfront??

14. OCTANE ORPHAN

OCTANE ORPHAN
    from Ohio

I say we all boycott the price of 32 bodys untill the price drops! Then We can buy them all up!! Hammer Hank

15. diggers4life

diggers4life

Nope...

I heard the guy who bought it was best friends with the owner who died. I think he bought it to remember him by. But the other guy bidding on it apparently thought it was worth $3100 cause that's how far he ran it up. If I was the friend, I would have been sick. Pretty sure he went there knowing he was taking it home no matter what it cost.

It was nice, but not $3150 nice.

16. F&J

F&J

reminds me of History Class in grade school telling about people bringing a wheelbarrow full of paper money to buy food in WW2 Europe when paper money became worthless.

Think about that..........Time to but gold instead?:D

17. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

diggers4life. Thanks for helping me out on the prices. By the time I got home I couldn't remember the exact amount, doesn't make any difference it was still to much!

18. diggers4life

diggers4life

No problem man. I wrote all of the important stuff down so I could report back here. It was definitely an interesting auction to attend. I'm glad I went.

I ended up with a model A grille shell for $30.00 and my buddy bought four '32 headlights for between $45 and $50 each. Not everything was super expensive.​

19. HotWare

HotWare

Unbelievable when I'm having trouble selling a Running, Driving, period perfect 5 Window (which is NOT being reproduced in steel) for only 30% more?!! The market is hot and cold right now.

Attached Files:

20. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Maybe you should strip it all apart & down and stick it in a barn for someone to discover.............

21. I'd take that 5W over a 3W anyday!!

22. Here is the auction bill: http://www.fowlkesrealtyandauction.com/auctions155.htm

I was there.........and all the rest of the Deuce guys I know (some from as far as Arizona, Illinois, California) and we were all in shock!!! My friend Steve said he was going to sell his for that kind of money, so he went to the second bidder and said his was even nicer and gave him his phone number.

The 3W was decent and the sale was well advertised, thanks to Dale Boesch who worked his butt off going through everything and getting it all out for the sale. I think the winner of it was going to buy it no matter what anyone else bid for it. Final bid was $47,500. It was fun to watch, I even videoed the final bidding on my cell phone. I'll have to post it if I can get it off my phone.

Yes, the grill shell was owned by Gordy's friend Jim Clark, who bought it back for sentimental value. Afterward Jim asked me if I wanted to buy a grill shell so I offered him $500 for it! Before the auction Jim had told me he was thinning out his collection of Deuce stuff!

I hadn't even planned on going but when I heard all my friends were there from all over I had to be there. I think Deuce fever just gets a hold of you at some of these auctions. I bought a coupe/sedan dash for $150 and a couple of front license plate mounts for $20. I sure don't need more stuff but I couldn't help it!! I was smilling the whole time so it was worth it the trip. I hope Deuce stuff is always goes for insane prices, since I am so heavily invested in the stuff. I might need it since I'll be retired at the end of October.

23. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

And to think your house has more than 3 windows how cool is that ;)

24. As has been said before many times before:

"You never pay too much for a Deuce, you just might buy it too soon"

25. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Me too:D:D

26. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

110435712417 this one closed on ebay at 6500.00. old roundy round body, no cowl or
    doors, extremely rough overall if you look close at the pics. Looks as though i need
    to stop hoping for a gas lease and drag up duece remains instead !

27. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Actually, for $6,500 ... I thought the 3W was a good buy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finding a pair of doors and a decklid ... would be difficult but there's ALWAY Brookville. The body did not look that rough to me :confused:

Look for your self ... The auction is OVER so I guess that posting it does not violate any rules.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0435712417&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

28. A rough 5W coupe also just sold on Ebay for $7556.56 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=320426471949&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#v4-15)
    It looked like it was missing the drip rails, had Fordor doors, a beat up deck lid, questionable subrails and some other serious rust issues too. But there are guys that can bring them back to life so if you have the talent (or money) and time anything is possible. Anything else would get crushed.

29. if your looking for a 32' ford 3 or 5 window their is some really decent buys right now. if your shopping with "cash in hand" people are selling to repair their 401k's. having to send kids to college will break the bank paying back the loans.

30. rodncustom

rodncustom

Steve, keep it! I love that car! ...but I can't buy it. :)