Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 57 F100 project.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITMARE, Sep 8, 2009.

1. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Nice! Love the 57s. Yeah I got one :D

Later,Bill

2. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

nice score! i bought mine for 400 with no engine/trans and its kinda beat.

I had my front axle dropped locally ($330), front eyes reversed ($30) and pulled a couple of leaves and this is how it sits right now with no engine/trans.

[​IMG]

3. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

You say you had the Furd truck parked behind your 57 push you down the street 5 houses. Well it should be the other way around. My 57 is known as the PUSH TRUCK. I got mine a few years back, 272 Y block that runs like a top and 3 speed on the tree. Short bed, needs a little work but otherwise not in bad shape. Mine will get a 368 Y with hydramatic some day.

Those 57's will always be worth more than the 58-60's because of the single headlights and the first year of 2nd gen Furd trucks.

U stole it! Good 4 u!

4. m.k.bench

m.k.bench

What a steel! You did good grasshopper! Now get with it!

5. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

For more info about the Crown Vic IFS check out the Ford Truck Enthusiasts message forums for 1948-1960 Fs. It's a regular topic over there.

(Why the hell doesn't anyone in New England want a Y block?)

6. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

7. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Hell of deal. WOW I sold mine about a year ago. I would love to have a 57 SWB slamned to the ground. Kool trucks.

8. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Hey man, thank you! I thought it would probably be the only one of its kind at most tracks, so, what the hell!
    There ARE a couple of 'em out there, however, but, I THINK I might actually be the first one with a non-street/dedicated drag one of these '57-'60's...

And you know what?
    When I bought it....I WAS going to lower it, and put a Y block in it, and just cruise, because the fact is they just look BAD-ASSED on the pavement....I still wanna build a low one, too...
    Wish I could find a steal like yours!

We just picked up a longbed, '59, for my buddy, w/ a strong running
    460/c-6, and he shot it in blue real quick, 'cuz it was pepto-pink (!!!)
    But, it had no title, and it was STILL $ 1000.00!

Nice find!
    These trucks rock...

9. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I'll double your money right now. Where do I send payment?

10. Love the truck. I hate you!
    JK-great score. Have fun!

11. a4t1rat

a4t1rat
    from Utah

Nice truck.. :) Welcome to the club I have a 57 F100, 59,F100 and a 60 F100 4x4

12. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I did the Crown Vic IFS on my `61.

13. NITMARE

NITMARE

Gracias, you got any pics of your ride? I'd like to see what a 5 1/4" drop looks like.

That's a perfect stance man!

If I ever run into a situation where I need to push the dually I don't think the 57 will be the best route to go. :D
    Yeah man I just think it turned out killer. Could definitely see a 6-71 sitting on top of that mill!

Sorry man, I plan on keeping this thing for a good while.

I found a little more cancer on the floor boards then I thought was there originally last night but I'm always up for some sheetmetal work. So far though it seems to be pretty solid with just some small rust spots here and there.

14. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

and do you like it hate it give me/us more

15. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Mmmmm....a blower, huh?
    I never thought of that....:rolleyes::D

lol!

Actually, it has too much compression, in its current incarnation, but....there is always next motor!:D

16. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

It was worth a shot. Bitchin truck man!

17. NITMARE

NITMARE

x2!
    That thing gets it done as it anyway. I had a high comp 514 I built sitting in the garage about 3 years ago I wish I had never unloaded now.

18. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

514 ford right my buddys in his boat made 804 @ 6200 on pump gas dynoed

19. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

$500?? How come I never get that lucky? My 57 is a Southern California truck and has more rust than yours! Im working on getting rid of most the rust though...

20. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Well,for the cost factor I love it. Haven`t driven on it yet,but if it`s anything like my `04 Crown Victoria was,or our `03 Grand Marquis is.....then I am sure to love it as well.

That day is getting closer and closer....just mounted up the pedal assembly for the T-5.

21. Elrusto

Elrusto

My guess is that the little tabs at the bottom of the headlight that the screw goes in breaks or rusts off and the rings fall off. Did on mine anyway.:mad:

22. NITMARE

NITMARE

Lets see some pics of that ride on your avatar man:cool:

23. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Those trucks look good and in my opinion is one of very few trucks that look good in LWB I want one .Lucky bastard $500!:D

24. thishero

thishero

Great Score! I love the orphans.

I picked up a '57 myself a few months ago and flipped the rear axle and put a 3" drop axle on the front with mono leafs for a another three inches. I still don't have it all the back together so I'm not sure how she sits yet. Soon though.

25. Elrusto

Elrusto

Hahaha....I'm gonna build that truck someday!!!! (Photoshopped)

26. Elrusto

Elrusto

Here's the real one.

Attached Files:

• 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      516.1 KB
      Views:
  27. NITMARE

NITMARE

Right on, well I approve of the photo shop version;)

I am going to pick up the trucks new drivetrain in a couple days for the ol girl. Going with a little 272 Y-block motor and 3 speed. I have been kicking around the idea of going to an auto but just seems like I would be losing some of the original feel of the truck. Opinions?

Was up in the air about whether or not to keep the I6 but it made up it's mind for me. Got a nasty bottom end knock and the price was unbeatable for the complete running 272 setup. I have been toying with the idea of running some little T04b turbos' on it and making the setup look like something a guy would have done in the 50's trying to build a hot rod truck (even though nobody really was). I haven't been able to find any info or pics on anybody running snails on the old Y-blocks which makes me want to give it a go. It would be a simple low boost, pump gas setup as I still want to daily drive it rig. Progress pics to come late this week!

28. NITMARE

NITMARE

I agree, in LWB trim I still think that with the right stance they have a good look.

29. NITMARE

NITMARE

Well I got the new (to me) motor picked from fellow HAMB member Lee 01 on Thursday. Complete and running 272 Y block with 3 speed out of his 57 effie.

Spent a few hours yesterday degreasing, scraping, and scotch briting the motor so I could spray bomb it Ford Red....usually get a little more thorough in engine details but since this will likely be pulled this winter for some custom touches it works for now. Took awhile to scrub 52 years of grime off without a pressure washer Anyway she's ready to drop in today just as soon as I yank the I6 out. Went ahead and ordered some long tubes form Speedway and a Sid's 3" Dropped axle also so should start making some headway now.

I think I have paint figured out and all I am looking for right now is a set of steelies....anybody have a set of 5x5.5's ??

Took some pics of the progress. Should have pics of it dropped in by the end of the day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My right hand man Tom building his big inch Windsor stroker in the background.

[​IMG]

30. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

FYI,it is waaaaay easier with the front sheetmetal removed,and that can be done with just a handful of bolts. Take it off in one piece.