Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hanging with Norm Grabowski

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HomemadeHardtop57, Sep 20, 2009.

1. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Had the chance to hang with Norm and some great friends yesterday. What a cool guy he is. Great polish food, great car, and cool stories. Hopefully my buddy Al will post some of his pictures.
    [​IMG]

2. noboD

noboD

So, where's the rest of the story?

3. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

4. No doubt one of the coolest! Norm and pals stopped buy this past Wednesday ..... great laughs ...... great stories ...... great friends

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Remember the "GRAB Wagon" ??? Also when Norm appeared in a few mid-'60s Elvis movies, usually as a "heavy" ? Funny guy who KNEW how to mug just right for the camera!

6. Does anyone know if Norm on the HAMB? I've always wondered if he even has a 'puter.
    Good to see him and Worm hanging out.

7. a few movies,,around 40 give or take

8. buickbelle

buickbelle

When Norm was in Dennison, Texas in 2004 at the Blast With the Past show, Donna Moore and I spent the better part of an hour just listening to Norm tell us about his Wild Flat-bed Stake truck, you can walk around this truck at least ten times and notice something new you missed on the last go-round, and Norm has a comment for everything you notice, and a great story to go along with it. He is one of the most fun, laid back car folk I have ever had the pleasure of talking to. What amazed me is we saw him at one of Starbird's winter shows here in Wichita a couple of years later, and he remembered my name!!! THAT blew me away!!!

Carrie

9. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

\

Norm dose not have a computer. He gets HAMB updates all of the time from many different HAMBers. He is a HAMB supporter and gets what we are all about.

Doc.

10. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Met Norm a few years ago when he came to the UK as guest of honour at our Supernationals, I will never forget him and he has become a lifelong friend, super guy and he picked my other halfs car for Norms pick too :)

[​IMG]

11. rodncustom

rodncustom

Norm is a great guy. I have got to know him, just a little, from the skulls he's made for me.

12. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

The only problem with Norm is that your stomach gets sore from laughing so much. What a great guy.

13. Angliaman

Angliaman
    from Forney, Tx

He's COOL for sure. First met him in 1980, I think, at the NSRA Nats in Memphis. He had the first Henway I'd ever seen and a LONG legged young lady in a bikini, on roller skates. Can't remember which I looked at the MOST!!

Attached Files:

14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I've heard so much about him, I would love to meet him someday! He had a blast the time he was on monster garage too, in the chariot. I wonder if that clip is on youtube. :D

15. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

16. I met him at Back to the 50's and then at the GSTA. He really is a nice guy. Pretty cool. Funny.

17. Met Norman in 74, St Paul, got him and his truck on cine film. Did'nt make it to the UK Nationals when he was there, but I did here that he just loved our english fish & chips, Had this picture taken in Louisville this year, me and my son. He really is a nice bloke, and loves a laugh, and a pleasure to have a chat with him.

Attached Files:

18. Spike!

Spike!

Well..I had the chance to go out there and see Norm again.. had an invitation and everything..I put it in my "saved" folder and forgot all about it. I knew the date was coming up, but I thought it was this weekend. Looks like all my pals were there too..Worm, Richie...damn. I'm really sorry I missed it guys. I'm a dumb ass.

Spike

19. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Wow! LostforaWhile, THANKS for posting the link to "77 Sunset Strip" !!!! Saw the show every Saturday night, but I NEVER knew Norm G. had anything to do with building Kookie's roadster-pickup. COOL!!!

20. Sonny Depalma

Sonny Depalma
    Member Emeritus

Norm is one of the coolest people you will ever meet, and talent beyond belief. Proud to be one of his many friends and cherish my 6 skulls!!!

21. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Norm is gonna be at a show in Little Rock, Arkansas October 23-24. If you're in the area, stop by and hang out with him. He's a hoot.

Doc.

22. Dress like Norm with a Snooky's T shirt.

23. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

this is one of the best pictures i've ever seen of him, if you had one picture to describe him this would be it. [​IMG]

24. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

When Norm was over in the UK i introduced him to Cider & Fish & Chips :D We went to the fish & chip shop and Norm thought we were going to sit down and eat off a plate, I said nope we eat out of newspaper, He said they tasted better out of the paper, He also drank a lot of my Cider, Fond memories indeed :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Very cool in the UK...

one think I can't help but notice in all the pictures posted is ever one has a smile from ear to ear!

26. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

look at the one a couple of posts up, look at norms grin and look at the skulls grin lol. :D

27. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Seems whenever Norm's around everyone is happy, Hell of a guy :D