Register now to get rid of these ads!

hunnert 09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by heritic88, Sep 22, 2009.

1. heritic88

heritic88

well tomorrow is the 23rd so that means theres 17 days left til the infamous hunnert car pile up whos gunna be there?

2. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

I am going ,first one too,My buddy and I are driving his 62 pontiac safari wagon down from Milwaukee for Fri night And Sat. Car is kinda a stocker so we might have to park outside, can't wait

3. heritic88

heritic88

ya youll be back trust me haha this will be my fourth time goin you gotta go to the pre parties in downtown morris

4. My five year old son has been looking forward to his first pile up. Still doesn't understand why he can't come with for Friday night!

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

I might go.

:D

DragDoc... maybe the Red Cent won't card.

T Achilli - if it looks stock, it won't get in, but you'll enjoy the ride!

6. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I'll be there!!

7. Oh Im not going if you dont go Joe!

8. Last year I tried to get three cars there but only made it with two. I'll be good as long as I make it with one this year. I'm planning on making a whole weekend out of it between the parties and the morris show and swap. I dont think i'll bother going home. time to sleep in the caddy, or find a tent.
    Anybody making predictions on the gate count this year? I think last year it was around 1300. Now that the whole country is watching it's time to get gonzo!!!!!

9. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lets see....lots of cool cars...lots of good music....lots of cool cars.....lots of beer...lots of cool cars...lots of cool people.........I might be persuaded to go if you twist my arm .........OK! OK! I'LL GO you don't have to twist so hard.

10. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

we'll be going down friday night. my cousin(kustomkulture1951) is going to be getting married so were making the friday night a bacholer party. we might sneek off to ottowa if anyone is intereted....jones

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

HAHAHA! You're WAY off. There were about 15,000 people walking around! but yeah, about 1200-1300 cars got inside the gate, and a few hundred more parked in the spectator lot that couldn't get in (or didn't want to).

Truckedup - why the hell would you want to sneak off to Ottawa?! All the cool stuff is happening in Morris Friday night... food, beer, hot rods, rockabilly and jump blues bands! Hell, have you seen the singer for Miss Jubilee & the Humdingers?!?! I'm sure she'll keep her clothes on, but she is a girl on a stage. :D

12. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

this will be the first time ive been down there on a friday night. we'll see you down there . were is a good hotel i can book?...jones

13. heritic88

heritic88

trucked:
    haha good luck bookin a hotel as far as ive been told the hotels in morris have long since been booked you can try yorkville though

14. about 12 cars driving from kokomo indiana

15. uniquecoaches

uniquecoaches

I just finished polishing my new 20" spinning billet wheels so I can attend in style.

Just kiddin, but I will be there in my 58 Fairlane

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

All the hotels in Morris booked solid in March. I'm sure there will be cancellations, but I also know that every hotel has a waiting list. Try Yorkville, Dwight, Ottawa, Channahon, and Joliet. All are 15-20 minute drives from the Fairgrounds.

17. stlrider

stlrider

After calling every hotel in Morris, we booked 2 rooms in Joliet a few weeks ago. Only about 20 miles from Morris.

18. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

My liver has been dreading this for months

19. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I'm leaving mine at home.

20. heritic88

heritic88

fuck your liver if its gunna be a little bitch about it haha

21. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

can we camp out at the gate if we cant find a hotel..jones

22. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

be there and the next day is a big swap!!!!!!

23. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

We'll be there vending the RediRad. I guess we'll be in the OTHER '62 Pontiac Safari heading down from Wis.

Kudos to the hardworking volunteers and the Chrome Czars.

24. charkol

charkol

ha ha ya right kidding don't forget to iron your best Von Dutch shirt while yer at it...me and the wife will be there with the whole gang

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  25. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Wouldn't miss it!!!

26. magnet

magnet

The slipper is one of my favorite spots in Ottawa :)

Tent camping is allowed in the lot.. you got to see me on friday so i can give you a spot. Otherwise you will get run over sat morning. :)

My liver will be hating me the following week :) i usually end up sick in bed by thursday after pileup.. too much stress :)

Looking forward to it though.. will be good to see some of you guys and all the new cars i have been hearing about this summer, seems like everyone is building something new.

27. Hellfish

Hellfish

They must not work you hard enough at Motorola. You're not used to the stress. :) Take a shot of Milk of Magnesia every night before bed. :D