Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Strange and unusual customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seesko, Sep 8, 2009.

1. jonahboo

jonahboo
    from NJ

Macungie Wheels of Time '09
    [​IMG]

2. Oh the humanity!! ^^^ :eek:
    One thing I think about when I see a rig like the Monte Camino or the above is that some shlump was thinking "I'm gonna build me the coolest kustom ever!". Gotta give 'em an A for effort before they get back on the short bus.:D

3. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Actually, the above was built in Mempis, TN by the Memphian Coach Co. They built many low end funeral coaches and service cars. This cars intended purpose was mostly to run flowers or make first calls.

4. Wayzata car show 029.jpg I saw a Packer Ambulance that looked a lot like the 57 Chevy. It had very simular lines.

Attached Files:

5. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Actually,it was one of their first builds together,but don't shoot the messenger.I remember it being for sale on eBay,and the owner had proof of it being a Barris build.I contacted Barris' people and they could neither confirm nor deny it being a Barris build.

6. Thanks for posting that - I don´t think I´ve seen the original version before. It doesn´t look half bad does it.:cool: The second go is pretty damn bad.

7. Rikster

Rikster

More...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

9. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

This car reminds me of a tv show I watched when I was a kid in the early sixties. Anybody else remember "Supercar"?

10. chico'72

chico'72
    from Belgium

This one is on a car selling site in Belgium.
    The picture is together with some other cars and i'm not sure if this car is for sale or is just an eye catcher??
    Maybe you guy's have more info about the builder(s)??
    It looks strange to me that this would be really for sale here.

Attached Files:

11. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

this too is a memphian build

12. Von Kragen

Von Kragen
    from linwood,MN

i saw this and think i just threw up a little

edit oops had the same reaction as someone else

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  13. That's the '59 Cadillac Cyclone, designed by Harley Earl and built by General Motors. I have seen it in the GM Heritage Collection in Detroit, and it likely isn't going to be sold through the classified ads in Belgium.

14. CGkidd

CGkidd

Hey I remember that car from the unfinished Nats when they were still in Graham.

15. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

This ones a Cadillac Prototype..

16. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

One of the weirdest customs I've ever seen turned up in Texas back in the 70s. A guy up in East Texas who sold mechanical parts for oddball cars had it. I saw it on the cover of one of the "Little Books" before, think was called "The Cyclops." It did have a turning center eye in the 49-50 Ford grille but also conventional headlamps in the fenders. It was bright red, severely chopped, perhaps sectioned(memory fades here) 49-50 Ford Tudor, had a dash filled with switches and gauges like a freaking 707, but the back end had not one, not two but threeeeeee Cadillac, say 49-50 or so, tailfins! One on each quarter and the third high on the deck lid, all three with working lights!
    Turned up for sale many times through the 70s but kinda disappeared after that.
    Where is it? Confess, do YOU have it?
    If so, why isn't that magnificent thing on the street every day?

17. rick goetz

rick goetz

The builder of that car is still around. I talked to him last summer. He built this cas when he was in his late teens. I saw him building it when I was in grade school.(about 1960) I saw him drive it back then with no steering wheel, just a joystick.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  18. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Does this count?

Attached Files:

19. VonXulu

VonXulu
    from Ventura Ca

Here's mine, originally built in the 50's.

Attached Files:

20. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I'll be damn if it doesn't look like a Lincoln.:confused:

Attached Files:

21. Rikster

Rikster

I have been looking for photos of that one... I knew I had seen it on here, and had just scanned the original article on the car.

EDITED
    at first I thought it was the same car... but after reading some of the comments and paying a bit more time at looking at the details. I have to agree this most likely is not the same car as the one from the article below. To many different details. Molded in headlights on the article car and stock headlights on the one in primer, large rear window versus small on the article. Still very nice.. and hopefully you will finish the car in gloss paint with a hood.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  22. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

Here is an early type home made sports car I have had for several years, built in the early 50's. It started out in life as a 39 Chevy coupe. Most people who come into the shop think it is a XK120 or an old Allard. It came from the Fresno area in the central valley here in California. I sure would like to find a little history on it. It still is running the stock 6 cylinder. The frame has been Z'ed front & rear, torque tube has been shortened.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  23. koolkemp

koolkemp

This deserves to be restored back to the orig build !

24. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

If you look close, I really don't think it's the same car/truck. There's just way to many differences.

25. junk

junk

OK when I built my 49 KB-2 last summer I used parts from a Monte Carlo. Engine, transmission, steering column.

I'm glad I don't do drugs or I might have ended up with the twin of this........WOW

What's up with international trucks getting used for abortions?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

26. Special Ed

Special Ed

[​IMG]
    Joe Bailon customized 1952 Muntz Jet...

27. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

when i saw that monte trucko..i thought
    oh shit gms prototype for the elcomino slipped out ..

28. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

A little new but still,what the hell?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. roddinron

roddinron

I was gonna say the same thing, look at the rear window and windshield treatment. Possible that someone redid it though.