Register now to get rid of these ads!

Magnets things to do at the Hunnert car Pileup 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magnet, Sep 23, 2009.

1. magnet

magnet

Hey

When you come into town for pileup..

Be sure to try out the sub sandwiches at the "Bigger Bite" (721 Liberty St, Morris, IL 60450) good people great sandwiches.

Another good place with young hot girls that work there (creepy i know) is Corleone's Italian Restaurant, 110 Liberty St, Morris, IL 60450. Its down by where we used to have the parties.

Sam's Pizza 110 Wauponsee St, Morris, IL 60450 is the pizza vendor at the show, he has a place in town too.. good stuff.

The Red Cent bar will have food too.

There are a ton of other local places to eat.. R place truck stop is a favorite. and the sex shop by the hotels has some nice stuff.. for those of you that are into sex.. :)

There are auto parts places in town.. they pretty much all close up at 12:00 saturday... so get your parts early sat morning.

When entering the fairgrounds, use the south or far north entrance, those are clearly marked with "Enter" banners, the middle entrance is now converted to an "Exit".. (let me let you in on a secret.. the far north entrance will be faster.) Each entrance road will be divided, show cars (3 lanes wide) on one side and spectator lane on the other, so people can get in and park and not be blocked by cars waiting for the gates to open.

The reason we are doing this is because of the traffic jam and the idiots last year blocking the ambulance. One big fat happy exit.. if an ambulance is coming out.. you will have room to get out of the way.
    The exit will be two lanes.. right and left. (clearly marked with signs..)

We cant let RV's or campers park in the parking lot this year, we just dont have the room.. flat out.. not that we dont like them.. we just cant fit them.

Oversized vehicles (trucks with trailers etc) will be parked in our overflow lot .. this is the north area of the racetrack pits. Go in the north entrance and through the pit gate.

We cant allow people to bring shit for sale on a trailer and hang out near the entrance all day, we just dont have the room. If you pull in with a trailer.. you will be directed to the overflow lot.

We will have volunteers out in the lot all day.. and i will be out there.. so if the signs are not clear.. ask someone in the Red Shirt Army(tm) before parking..we would hate to have to tow your car.

Yeah, no shit.. its getting that big.. like Denise said... "remember when there were no spectators, everyone drove a car".

The police specifically told me they would be on the lookout for people consuming alcohol in public, and have added extra staff for the night.. so dont even think a plastic cup is going to make a difference.. dont do it. Pay the $5 cover and support the local music scene (which needs it) drink discounted beers and not worry. Seriously.. there is plenty of room there.

Ok.. once again.. no Fires/flamethrowing in the fairgrounds, no pets of any kind, no glass containers... and put all your empty cans in the barrels.. it makes things easier for me.. i will be able to get to the bar before 10:00pm on saturday... and i think i will be thirsty by then.

The Lions club swap meet kicks ass too.. Sunday the 11th.. 6 miles east of rt 47 on rt 6.. basically the road that wal mart is on.. follow it east..believe me.. you cant miss it. I have flyers that will be on the table near the front gate.
    If you got flyers for something, feel free to bring em (with something heavy like a rock) and put em on that table.. we dont have the manpower for goodie bags.. and i feel gay just saying the words.

So.. i hope you all come and have a good time, watch your backsides (i hear the Cheaters will be there) and CuriousRash.. i have a spot on my lap for you, after FltBlk warms it up. :)

Oh yeah, giving me beer gets you preferential treatment. :)

See you Knuckleheads at the pileup.

Love
    Magnet

2. magnet

magnet

Oh yeah... i have my own personal Army now :) The Red SHIRT Army(tm) :)

[​IMG]

3. magnet

magnet

Oh yeah.. if you like Mexican food, there is an awesome place called "La Mex" 15 E Jackson St, Morris, IL 60450

The Lagoon Saloon is just across the alley from the Red Cent (same owners) and while they play the crappy music starting around 10.. they have some good drinks in there too.

There is a nice sit down place to eat called "Chapins" just a block or so down the street, if you want to bring your girl somewhere nice.

4. Hey Magnet quit dicking around on the HAMB and get me the shit I need.

Love,

Catherine

5. silent rick

silent rick

a drink this early?

6. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

You forgot to mention the Silver Slipper...

No Bicycles either right?

7. Nope no bicycles either - or golf carts.

thanks.

8. Hey I wasn't oogling the girls at Corleones. I was there for the food and food only. Awesome food really.

9. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

What brand of beer do you like???? A man should never drink alone:D

HellRaiser

10. magnet

magnet

Lone Star and PBR :)

11. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

HMMMMM...That Lone Star might be kind of hard to come by in Morris.:eek::D

Maybe we better be getting a relay going NOW:D

HellRaiser

12. Jim-Bob

Jim-Bob

Naw, they stock it for Mike!!! He's THAT IMPORTANT...Well said before, big guy!!!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  13. magnet

magnet

Yup, they actually do.. :) well i hope so at least.. they had some for me last year. :)

If you need anything ask me, i know lots of people around there and can probably help you out. Although my stash of 6volt chevy generators is gone..:)

see you there.

14. Deadbird

Deadbird

What, no Guinness? :eek:

15. truckdude1

truckdude1

I'm signed up to sell t-shirts in the afternoon, if they are sold out I can police the parking lot. Rattle canned the International Hemi this afternoon and will bring cold PBR.

16. 1lowbuick

1lowbuick

i will see you their. we will have 5 or 6 cars from toledo with lots of beer.
    we will get into town friday afternoon to do some pre partying and going some time late sunday

17. Is it possible to get one of those swanky shirts with the 5w on it, I dig that car!
    I looked on the site but NADA!

18. magnet

magnet

You mean the one from the volunteer shirt (red shirt)?

Nope, those are only for the volunteers..

19. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Wow, that's a ton of shit to do at the Pile Up. I don't think I've even done that much there. If only you'd take the leg irons off so I could get away from the main gate. :D

20. Gerg

Gerg

This year i am just hoping to get a shirt that fits :)

[​IMG]

Can't wait for the show definitly one of the highlights of the year and i enjoy volunteering!

21. magnet

magnet

That rocks gerg.

I think next year we are going to do a "Pileup shirt in the craziest places" contest or something.. :)

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

Since Mike filled you in on what's going on OUTSIDE the Pileup, I'll remind you of what's happening INSIDE. :D

We have 68 merchandise vendors this year! Almost 20 more than last year and a new record! There weill be several pinstripers and artists, including Weesner and Norwell), several hot rod and speed shops represented, upholsterers and a guy that does hand-tooled leather bike seats, vintage clothes, tiki stuff, stuff for the gals (and guys unencumbered by society's "rules"), vintage race posters, every hot rod, car and bike movie ever made (see CoolStuff), t-shirts and so on! Lots of great food, including some new food vendors.

The bands at the Pileup are once again, awesome. At noon there's a rockin', all-girl rockabilly band (Crazy Rocket Fuel), followed by a really great Western Swing band (Cathouse Driffters), and a psychobilly band (Nuke Mutes).

Of course, Friday night at the Red Cent will be really hoppin' with my band (Hot Rod Hucksters - and Django and OleMuleSkinner, of course) and the phenomenal Jump Blues sensation Miss Jubilee & the Humdingers all the way from St. Louis.

Everyone always asks that we turn the Pileup into a 2 day event, but just about everyone pusses out and hangs out at their hotels Saturday night. Drink a cup of coffee, Nancy Boy, and head back to the Red Cent and hang out there! We'll have THREE more incredible bands for only $5! There's a surf/garage combo (The 99ers - oooh, girls on stage!), and a rockabilly/50s pop band (Tracer Bullet), and finally the most hot roddingest, speaker-blowing, kick-ass band around... BobBleed's band... BLEED! How could hanging out at a hotel beat that?

23. If you are lucky, you can catch a slightly buzzed me announcing a few of the bands on stage at the Red Cent .... that's always a treat :rolleyes:

The volunteer shirts arrived today. They look awesome. Between Chad's design and the Magnificent Marcy printing them... I am a happy camper.

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

Oh good! Now I don't have to do it! I'm glad you finally volunteered for something. :D

25. magnet

magnet

Oh yeah, there is a couple chain food places, Culvers, Taco Bell etc.. Bozo's hot dogs is ok.

The Pizza place a block south of the Bar.. their thin crust aint bad at all.. i pretty much liked it (i was drinking down at the Corn Festival).

Might have been that i was a little drunk.. played some "Chandaliers".. and i cant bounce a quarter into a shot glass to save my life. We also introduced Queen Eileen to a "Lunchbox".

To get to the bar from the fairgrounds/hotels.. you head south on rt47.. turn right at rt6 (walgreens is on your right).. make the very first left (its just like 40 yards) onto Liberty Street.. head south till you hit the tracks, as soon as you cross them the bar is on the left.

Can't miss it.

Festivities start at the bar omn friday around 6ish.. bands come on around 9ish... or when they think they are ready :)

26. silent rick

silent rick

i know, i caught one band passing around a bottle of "do it fluid" in the john before going on stage last year.

27. silent rick

silent rick

mike, is it on the corner? i remember walking past it last year(couldn't find a parking spot within six blocks of the red cent). i think maybe i'm confusing the pizza place with that bar across the alley from the red cent. the pizza did smell good last year.

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The pizza at the corner bar (same side of the street, a block down)was VERY good as a matter of fact. A group of us ate there last year cuz not only didn't the Red Cent allow teenagers in (we had Rob Lee's son with us), the buffet food didn't look that appealing for $10.

29. Appleseed

Appleseed

It wasn't that bad. I think I ate like 10 chicken breasts. Got to watch my figure. But I might try the Vagabond's VagaGrill this year.

Any chance you'll bring some dingaling shaped candies this year?

I'm so glad the Army got something cool on the shirts this year. Last year's were just so plain. The year before at least got a hot chick.