Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just picked this up on Friday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Nick, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Big Nick

Big Nick

52 with a Nova clip, new brakes and exhaust, 350/350, 10 bolt rear. Its got its mishaps but I think its a great start, let the fun begin. Best part about it, it was actually 9 blocks away from my house. Plans are to bag it, fix up the few spots of rot and drive the shit out of it! It runs now so I have just been enjoying it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JAWS

JAWS

3. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Looks great,and sits good too..........

4. Nice. These are so fun to drive because of the positive response you'll get.
    Bonus - unlikely to get tailgated with the color and the rear light collection!

hdh

5. Nice find Nick, are you sure it's a '52? Either way, it's a cool old truck.
    The reason I'm querying the year is it has one piece door glass and turn down handles.
    This suggests it is a 50 or earlier....either that or a PO has changed the doors at some time.
    There's a sub-forum for 'us guys' called the A-D Truckers,have a look,might see ya there!

6. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

7. 33Master_Eagle

33Master_Eagle

Very nice, can't wait to see what she looks like when your done with her. Make sure you keep us updated on the progress. Love those Chevy's

8. Big Nick

Big Nick

I am just going off the registration, its a good possibility that the doors were changed at one time. I am not aware of all the changes on these trucks, so this is my first lesson. I will check the sub forum out now!

hdh, I hear ya on the lights in the back, we were just laughing about it yesterday, I will snap some pics of the interior, you should see the wiring! Either way its still a blast to cruise around right now. Little by little I will start the make over.

9. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

i sure like that style of fog light. good luck with the project.

10. Big Nick

Big Nick

Just got insurance and should register it during lunch today!

11. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey nick...nice find- ur right its a perfect starter. and hey u have a buyer for the fog lights. aaah life is gteat. HA! iust call me pop.

12. i'm partial to the '52 ford f1's, but you've got a nice lookin truck

13. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Sweeet ride... Looks good and looks like it is in good shape too. Got to love trucks....

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Real nice score...enjoy it!

15. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

that is and always be a cool lookin ride pretty much no matter what you do to it! congrats:cool:

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Holy shit!!! That thing is a great start and does not need much to be completely bitchen. By all means keep the diamond plate running boards though:D:D.

Now the question is Supremes on 5.20's or 15" Chrome Steelies with 5.60's and 8.20's??

That's going to be one hell of a truck man!!!

My only hint of wishes for this truck is that you go with something like an AirBar setup out back so that it keeps a stance to it. I love a truck with a nose down look and when they are completely hammered I feel it loses it's "truckness" way. If you are hammering it front and back so that the running boards a sitting on the ground then I think the Supremes are the clear choice.

Have you seen Tylerdurben's new ride?

17. Big Nick

Big Nick

See now I was all set on chrome steelies but now I am up on the supremes! DAMN! Yeah i saw Tyler's, I was shooting some questions his way already. Shit, now you got me thinking and I hate doin that!:D

18. Big Nick

Big Nick

Oh and I can box those running boards up and send them down to you, I am sure you can modify them for your 35

19. mx6262

mx6262

Great Truck........:cool:

20. Big Nick, in late 51' on AD trucks they added wing windows and push button door handles they used well into the 60's. 47'-51' had no wing window and pull down door handles like yours (the sagging type). someone has changed yours as their is no cowl vent on drivers side. check out www.stovebolt.com for any info on the AD truck.

21. superbeeme

superbeeme
    from georgia

Looks like a nice truck, and a good start as you stated! Have fun and enjoy.

22. Big Nick

Big Nick

Yeah I figured some stuff was already changed around, I'm cool with that. Thanks for the info and the site! I will check it out.

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Please send those running boards to the following address.... ha!!!

Sorry I mentioned Supremes. I just was looking at this truck a few days ago anf thinking how nice the wheels fit on there.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397906

Chrome Steelies are what I would go for though.

24. Big Nick

Big Nick

I can dig it. I will be juggling this idea for a little while. First is wiring, wait till you see what under the dash looks like! I will get some pictures tonight!

25. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Sweet ride....

I kinda hava thing for AD's....I mean it's the first two letters of ADD right?

what was I saying?

Oh...

Rot, rear cab corners....check em and clean em out, make sure the drain hole aint plugged...

Front lower cowl sides right in front of the door...same thing, It'll likley be rotted seeing as I see some rust bubbles in there. The inner to outer cowl peice that the fenders mounts on too like to get eaten up as well.....

Good luck with your project, it's got great potential...heck alot of visual pleasing modifications will include a trashcan and a small wrench....if ya wanna see what it sits like chopped and slammed, then chopped sectioned and slammed look up me build thread.

26. Nailhead67

Nailhead67
    from Kentucky

I like the way that thing sits :) sweet ride.

27. Yeah cool truck...you'll have fun with that...

28. Big Nick

Big Nick

Last night the small wrench and trashcan modifications began. And thanks for the "spots" to check. We will start stripping them soon to check out whats going on. You guys use anyone else other than LMC for panles and such?

29. Milhouse

Milhouse
    from RI

30. Big Nick

Big Nick

thanks! More catalogs comin!