Register now to get rid of these ads!

You open the door and your heart almost stops....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill Morgan, Sep 21, 2009.

1. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Cool pics. Hate to see his kin don't keep them up I bet he's rolling in his grave. With this many cars you know he realy like them. I bet each one has its own story and a cool one at that.

2. Man, I'd take a major ass whoopin for that 61 F100..................maybe even two

3. I don't know about my heart stoping...................maybe a hard-on!

4. sinks88

sinks88

I cant even imagine what it would like to be close to this family and sit and wonder what they plan on doing with these. It would be sooooo hard to wait for one of them to be like: "we'll since you were so close to the old man, pick one out and it is yours"

WOW can you imagine that, and what the hell would you even pick????

5. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Bill why in the hell did you swap out that steering wheel and try to trick us? Now you go change those back right now. Please check and make sure all cars you post are correct in every way or someone is going to get Pissed. I'm just glad you shared your find with us, must have been a heart pounder. Very Cool !

6. WOW!! what a find :eek: !!

7. jimb0

jimb0
    BANNED

well...i guess you know what you have to do now.

8. Not anymore!

9. Big Tony

Big Tony

I think he was my real grandpa, so i will step in and take care of things.... what a kewl collection

10. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey mr. bill... nice find and i noticed its still ur secret!!! HA! smart man. just call me pop.

11. I learned the '61 Ford pickup was not part of the collection. It belongs to the husband of one of the grand-daughters.

The roadster was the family's favorite parade car, and I bet they got it back when those were relatively plentiful.

No, they were on a farm just north of Littlefield.

12. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Those pic's made really happy.

WOW!

Thanks.

13. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Ha ha!

14. bigbal

bigbal

Damn kids.....
    Beautiful cars. Hope they end up in good hands.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

15. They're outta the barn.....

Attached Files:

16. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

out of the barn and where they at now please tell me in good hands

17. wvenfield

wvenfield

I would have offered to wash them for them. It would be a pleasure.

18. rodncustom

rodncustom

So what's the story? Was it an auction, private sale, what?

19. Well I sure hope that when I die there is someone who will keep mine inflated.. :D

.Nice collection. :)

20. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

He could just be guarding them against cultural degradation and finger blight.

21. my47soto

my47soto

Wow, I wish I could have been there to open up the door on that shed I would probably still be there stuck in awwww:D

22. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

The steering boxes in 28-29 Fords were considered not as good as the ones in the later cars, and some were swapped with salvaged parts (or, if this guy was a dealer, he may have had access to new parts, even Ford parts). My own '29 roadster has a '30-'31 colum and wheel. I'm keeping it because a previous owner put six notches in it, gunslinger-style. I tell folks they represent his rumble seat conquests...
    Fearless

23. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

that elky rules. great find.

24. all i cansay is, "holy crap"

25. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

so close to me !!! i wish i could have found that, although i do know about a few jewels tucked away around here haha

26. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

There's a guy nearby me who has been hoarding- and i mean HOARDING- a collection of classics for 40+ years. They're just rotting away. I'm gonna sneak in and take pictures so i can post this travesty.

27. flamingokid

flamingokid

At least he invested his ill-gotten gains into a worthwhile hobby.The guy can't be all bad.

BTW Bill,can we get the rest of the story.The suspense is killing me.

28. All of 'em are now running and driving.

The '28 Chevy and '59 Apache have new homes with people who aren't gonna let them just sit around.

29. The '60 Elky and roadster are cool. I could care less for the rest of 'em IMO.

30. nutajunka

nutajunka

I had an older friend who had 10 to 12 old fords from 35 to 46 and 2 old chevys 39 and 46 they were all looking factory fresh! Amazing, and he would take turns driving them. Some of his stories about how he picked them up for 25 to 50 dollars way back when was shocking. Then that west-nile virus got him and stopped his right arm movements after a long bed rest. Now he only has 2 a 39 chevy 2 door sedan and the 35 ford 2 door sedan. Both perfect. You can't take them with you , but you sure can enjoy them while your here.