Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof california?? How was it??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigguylilroof, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Sean

Sean

That's fine, just have the "girls cooler" stocked for the Fall Fiasco!

2. brewsir

brewsir

Think Sellers would have gotten banned from the Antioch fairgrounds for blowing off his flamethrowers on the shoebox??? Bring back bungie beer! HaHa

3. brewsir

brewsir

Shit...if you're driving all the way up here I'll have some waiting for ya!

4. KIRK!

KIRK!

Ha ha, that was just a little larger than expected. It has become part of Billetproof lore though.

Beer bungie is ALWAYS fun!

5. brewsir

brewsir

Always fun....except me and fudgie always won!!! and for some reason the little guys couldn't get to the beer??

Try that by the airport nowadays and the damn feds would be out there!! Hot rod terrorrists! HaHa

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

7. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I don't know about some of you guys... I know that in my area, i'm usually the only one on the roads rolling in a classic car as a daily driver (even if it is O/T for this board)... so when I go to a show, I don't mind looking at as many marques as possible. I don't get a nice daily dose of vintage anything in my area. I'm a car guy/nut. Now I wouldn't want the round up to start letting in civics... but if it's '63 and older I say whatever. If I don't like the style they chose, i'll just keep walkin'.

I just remember that under the spider webz and kool skullzzzz and everything... there's still a Model A or a sweet old Caddy under all that bullshit. Sometimes I walk up to the cobbled up pieces of shit and just think about how I would go about changing it to my personal liking.

Whatever, to each their own.

8. Is that GAYS or GOATS?

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yes.

10. Your just one sick fucker. I like that in a friend;)

11. KIRK!

KIRK!

You know what I like in a friend? My....

Oops is that OT?

12. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

man - I tuned in to this thread to check out some pix of the show......instead get to see some drama about how people dont think one of the best shows in the country is no longer "cool"

start your own show then.....
    call it what you want....
    get the bands you want.....
    allow the cars you want....
    allow only the people you want in.......

you will have the coolest car show in the world

somehow I think that even if Billetproof loses 10% of the "cool kids" there will be others to take your place.

I heard the same crap at Beloit Autorama yesterday.....these 2 guys saying they will NEVER go back to the Hunnert..........
    why?
    cause one of them was turned away.....he was allowed in for the previous 2 years - but got denied in 2008.

He got his feelings hurt and now takes it upon himself to be sure to tell anyone that will listen that the show is not good anymore.

wow - ok....

have fun with that attitude man - I asked him - why dont you just show up and pay the spectator fee and have a good time.

He could not see the point....so there are 2 less cars that wont be at the Hunnert. hmmmm - somehow I dont think he will be missed.

I also asked him what was a better 1 day show?

He said Beloit Autorama......I kinda laughed and looked around at the 2010 camaros and the fieros and raised my eyebrows and thought - yeah, you probably should not come back to the show if you think this is a better show......

Beloit was great - but to compare the Hunnert with a large cruise in is just ridiculous

Great comments by everyone and I look forward to these headaches

ok

maybe not!

13. You know they don't call me Fudge for no reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. 61TBird

61TBird

If I'd known you wanted beer,I would have given you the PBR's I had in my cooler:D
    Next time I'll bring a bigger cooler and the smoker for Ribs.

I'd like to send a BIG thanks to the Strangers for lettin' me caravan up and hang out all day with them!

My complaint....I don't have one.
    Went with a plan and stuck to it.
    Got the vintage M/C helmet and Max Grundy T-shirt that my Son wanted.
    Even let a friend use my car for her photo-shoot.

15. Sean

Sean

Dave,
    Good hanging out with you. Your always welcome. Next time, I'll partake in the PBR's!

16. DtroitDinosaur

DtroitDinosaur

Man, Billet was sooo much better before they moved it from Paso!
    Wait...I mean...NEVER MIND.

17. TBonez

TBonez

It was my fifth year going to the show and first year vending. I had a great time seein' old friends, makin' new ones, striped a few cars and stuff, wished once again the '29 was done. The topper was gettin' to wrap an arm around the pin-up winner...........just cuz Im the one who painted up the trophy. Alan 'n Melissa worked their ass's off so they deserve lots of credit for holding it all together. So if ya didn't like the show...make some suggestions to make it better.

Attached Files:

18. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Definately not a bad thing, just more relaxed than years past. We're all 13 years older ya know.

19. I'm just not sure what you mean by mellow/relaxed compared to prior Billetproofs.

20. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

i got to thinking about some of these comments today, and as far as the "traditional" thing goes...whats next? what is it going to take? getting under cars and checking for airbags because its not "traditional" on a fantastic custom that is just perfect to the T? or possibly making sure you're only using cloth wrapped wiring on your hot rod? i mean c'mon guys.....

but ive read each post and fuck yea, there are some valid comments and points i agree with and will bring up next time we're talking next years show. but the big kicker is....you'll still end up coming back next year to see if its changed wont ya? yeaaaa. hell, maybe you wont, but i can 100% guarantee you'll miss out. we know we cant please everyone, we learned that when we put on our clubs show in july. thats just the way the churro crumbles.

thanks again everyone, for making the dragoons 1st year as host club a great one, we'll see ya next year!:D:D:D:D:D:D

21. Steve Sellars didn't light his car on fire, No flat track racing in the dirt lot, No drunk dumbasses in Falcons do burnouts in the middle of crowds, etc........ It was just mellow!!!!!!!!!! But I think those dam Mexicans at the gate should hand out churros to everyone on the way in. Only traditional churros those like they made in the 50's

22. Choptop

Choptop

The spectator crowd was thinner on Sat. (although spectator attendance was up overall) AND we had the bands on the main stage (which is off to the side of the main show area), not a portable one in the middle of the show. That lent it a much more "mellow" feel to it. More than a few noticed it, I certainly did.

as an a strange aside that I cant really explain.... have an odometer on my bike that I ride around while working at the show... Last year I rode 20 miles in just one day... this year I rode 18 miles over the course of two days. i really dont know what the difference was... but there just seemed to be fewer crisis that I had to attend to.

23. Hunter Bender

Hunter Bender

this thread is like a car wreck...i can't seem to stop looking at it. i don't see what everyone is bitching about because the show is more "mellow". would you guys be happier if you got your ass kicked or something at the show? whats wrong with a more laid back show? and at the end of the day you don't run it. so untill one of you guys steps up and buys the show, shut the fuck up already...just my two cents. i think the show is good. it's one of the more organized shows that we seem to have around. again good job alan.

hunter

24. pontiacfawk

pontiacfawk
    from Antioch

scotch on the rocks.... hold the water

thats what this show missed... for years its been not about the show, but about the friends. i mean this is why shows started in the first place right??

the first billetproof i ever gone to was in 2001, with my ratty assed pontiac with a shitty engine.this year i returned with the same ratty assed pontiac, without the chevy engine..
    (somanycarssolittletime)
    in the past 8 years nothing has changed about this show. its still MOSTLY great people and the cars they built. and most of them are spetacular.

in other words....

its still the same stiff drink, yet the ice has melted

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  25. Camm

Camm

We had a good time...............Thanks Allen:D

26. James66g

James66g

Ha what a dick! that was hilarious Ill post more sucky pix later gonna finish heros w my chick.

As for the main differance about this and prev shows I felt like there were less vendors and less live bands but I thought the cars were great. and the show grounds were nice Ill for sure be back next time.

27. jmcglynn

jmcglynn
    Alliance Vendor

I went, had a booth, made a trophy. Sat in god-awful traffic on Friday getting there, had my tow vehicle die and have to be towed...and we had a great time anyway. Nice crowd on Saturday, and generally folks who "get it".

Alan, thanks for producing the show, I can't imagine what a thankless job that is.

I really like what Ryan said, we're responsible for our own fate.

I like the customizing contest that used to go on, it would be cool to revise that. Maybe have clubs team up to customize a car over the two days? Raffle it off to raise money for a good cause?

The swap meet is a good idea, it would be nice to see that grow too.

28. jmcglynn

jmcglynn
    Alliance Vendor

(opps, double posted...)

29. rat pink

rat pink
    BANNED

what ever i like it! sure one the cars won with billet on it,but the vibe was there!!! it was hella fun good cars and the dragoonz did a great job! and iif you didnt stay for sunday your loss it was amazing to see what gambino did for his wife!!!!!i truly was blown away it was so sweet!!
    im going back !!!!
    alen keep up the good work fuck the haters!
    it was as good as always!

30. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

These drama threads are sort fun to read, sort of - oh hell, who am I kidding, they are fucking lame. You know what I hate about the hot rodding/kustom scene in general? It's the damn pointless, childish drama. When I was younger and just into my old cars/trucks by myself and not knowing much about what others did and shows/clubs/scenes, etc., I had no idea or expected all this drama existed.

Sometimes some of us act like a bunch of little babies who aren't getting their way. I like old cars/trucks, hate the drama and also the in your face asshole attitudes from some people. Give me mellow any day. If the biggest complaint was it was too mellow, I am sure sorry I had to miss it this year. Damn people, let's cut the drama and try to enjoy the shows, other people's company and friendship and appreciate what we do have verses what maybe we don't have.

In fact, as a country/world as whole, let's just cut the whining out in general. Maybe it will trickle up/down to hot rodding too. I am sick of people whining about every little thing all the time. Don't like something, well stop whining and start helping. Get in gear and try to help make things better whatever they may be - in a positive way, not a negative way. keep the negative stuff to yourself. The rest of us already have more than enough negative stuff to deal with, we don't need even more.