Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Hemi Valve Cover Gallery- Post pics here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Same problem here in Wisconsin. Last set of Red Ram covers I saw in a yard around here were the kind that you could check the valve lash without removing them!

2. melsfine39

melsfine39

Here are some photos of a Hemi D500 dual four barrel carb engine. Very rare motor 1 of about 95 made. The engine is in the 1956 dodge wagon pictured(note the cross flags emblem on the front denoting a D500 model) . 1 of possibly 2 made with this motor. The current owner has documentation showing the wagon originally belonged to Marice Petty, Richard Pettys brother and engine builder for a lot of years. I rewired the wagon a while back and the 6 year restoration is still being finished. Mel:D

Attached Files:

slayer likes this.
  3. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

Here's a few, no not mine.

Attached Files:

slayer likes this.
  4. This M/T cover is slightly different than the very boxy early Hemi M/T cover I am used to seeing......

[​IMG]

slayer likes this.
  5. Sanders

Sanders

I have seen some really nice fentons, their handsome.....

6. fourspd340

fourspd340

Here are some Donovan 426 covers. These are the only pair of 426 Donovan's that I have seen.

I had to go through this Hemi early in the summer. It decided it needed to eat a few lobes off of the camshaft. It's back together with about 1000 miles on it now.

[​IMG]

slayer likes this.
  7. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

OK 392 guys, whats the deal with Donovan covers not clearing the exhaust valve springs? All the old originals I have seen have been modified, if thats the case why doesnt Donovan change the castings? All the Donovan look a likes have fixed this problem. I ask because I wanted these covers on my 392 but was told they will not work. Also the plug tubes are longer and cant use OEM tubes like all others. Any feedback on this issue.

8. jsrail

jsrail

Very nice wagon melsfine! I have a '56 CRL with the Poly 315. A question, is yours a Coronet Wagon? Or a Royal or Custom Royal? (I don't remember if wagons were made in all these models). The reason I ask is that another guy I know from another forum has a '56 D-500 wagon that's a Custom Royal but when the original owner received it, it had the chrome headlight surrounds instead of the painted ones like my CRL. We both believe it should have the painted ones, which is why I ask what model yours is. He has been trying to get my headlight surrounds for awhile! No way I'm parting with them! lol Have you been to the www.forwardlook.net website? All Mopar '55-'61.

Again, fine car!

9. Beano

Beano
    from Pa.

A little late but here's my contribution .........

Attached Files:

• 989.jpg
      989.jpg
      File size:
      104 KB
      Views:
    slayer likes this.
  10. melsfine39

melsfine39

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  11. jsrail

jsrail

I'm going to show my lack of Hemi knowledge here, but what are those dual plug heads? Is this a stock head? Or some awesome machining work?

12. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Drag racing heads. There are a pair on Egay right now, but they are pricey. And in need of repair.

13. Brace yourselves purists. Polished 5.7s in an altered. You didnt say no late model so.

Attached Files:

14. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What IS that?? Hard to make out. Explain.

It says it now. 426's, later "hemis", toyota hemis, etc., are generally off topic, but a few have slid in.

15. This is not too common :D...

Attached Files:

slayer likes this.
  16. saw some on evil bay like these ,,and the bitch wazs them fit my dodge hemi in Lil Beast...problem was , there wasn't enough in the funds to get them and have them shipped..he had all kinds of stuff,like rotating assembly ect that went with it...i could kick myself for not robbing a liquor store or something to get them...notice the cutout for the genorator in the one..and ya gotta love the finned wire covers..oh yeah, they was NOS too..still had the paper stuck to the tops of the fins..i thought it was tape, but asked and was told, just paper stuck to em.....and now i find out how rare 315/325 covers are...someone shoot my ass!!!!!!!!!!

315 covers.jpg

315 covers 2.jpg

slayer and Jungle Jalopy like this.
  17. Sorry it was your forbidden fruit. 5.7 hemi in a Jeep altered. Sorry I posted it. I will wait 35 years and post it again then.
    My apologies
    Don

18. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry man! Not trying to be a jerk or anything. Thanks for posting either way! Neat-o! Looks NUTS with all those hoses going everywhere!

19. Nice valve covers:rolleyes:

20. Nice valve covers:rolleyes:

Who made the water cross over to match?

Dennis

21. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think I heard him say he made that himself and existing after-marked piece. Looks nice! I would love to see you start casting something like that to match your covers, Dennis! :cool:

22. This looks like a twin to the car I'm scheduled to start wiring next week.

23. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

You just cant beat these !!!!!

24. crider

crider

This is an awesome thread! What does it cost to have a really nice pair of firepower covers plated?

25. THAT all depends on where you take them AND whether they use a trivalent (sp?) or hexavalent (sp?) process. You could be talking $50.00 or $500.00.

26. crider

crider

Ok well Since i know nothing about the process, any suggestions on who to send them to? And the cost?

27. CRIDER - Whatever you do, do NOT sand/bead blast the covers. 90% of the cost to plate the covers is in prep work, ie. dent removal, hole repair, and most of all polishing the cover. If you sand blast the covers, it takes a lot longer to polish them out for copper plateing...

28. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Desoto is correct...let the plater do the job of prep..Mine were done at a reputable place and cost $400.00........ and that was 6 years back.
    Chrome is not cheep........

29. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

HOLY CRAP that is gorgeous!!! So sano it gets me all misty!!!

<!-- / message --> <!-- attachments --> <fieldset class="fieldset"><legend>Attached Thumbnails</legend> [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

</fieldset>

30. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

I have a '56 354 with the same front mount and "ears" for the side mounts too. Is that not a "normal" thing?

"This is a DODGE, could be 315-325. The front mount is common for the 241-270 in cars and trucks but look closely and a motor mount ear is visible. easy ID....round bumps for rocker arm = Dodge."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jlibert [​IMG]
    [​IMG]