Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof california?? How was it??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigguylilroof, Sep 19, 2009.

1. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

missed the show, love to see any pics when anybody get's a chance!!

2. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

I will give it a big swing and a miss...

3. johnnykck

johnnykck

It wasn't the same show that it used to be. Didn't have the same feel, very impersonal, like a Goodguys event. Lot's of Rat Rods some of them just ridiculous, even some jap bikes and VW's but I have to say also some very nice customs, Hot Rods, Lowriders. I talked to a lot of people that have been going to Billetproof for years, some since the very first show and they agreed with me. It's not the same show, I noticed that a lot of people that have always been there in the past weren't there and in some cases some clubs didn't show at all. A lot of people I know, including me, will be thinking about going back next year. Just my two cents, I'm sure some guys will think that it was the best show ever.

4. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

thank you for saving me a shitload of typing.

5. JUSTJAY

JUSTJAY
    from LEFT COAST

This was my 12th billetproof, and i think i may have seen maybe a hand full of people from back in the early billet days. This show has changed. Its kinda funny to laugh at the people who still dont get it, like the old men ridding ther dumb ass contraptions that they have been waiting all year to bring to the show. Someone please add to my lame and funny ass list that you saw at billet this year...cars...people...

6. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

i remember when ...... american made only , no billet wheels or other parts under the hood ( at least keep the hood closed ), no tri-five chevys , and last .....worlds least important car show .........i'm glad i got to see a lot of friends today ....ah the good ol'days ......

7. JUSTJAY

JUSTJAY
    from LEFT COAST

albany bowl, martin luther king park, the dust bowl liver more, hayward bowl my favorite,????????????????????

8. Darling Danika

Darling Danika
    from sacramento

9. Darling Danika

Darling Danika
    from sacramento

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. tommy v

tommy v

don't be hateing on us tri-5 guys;):D

11. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

haha......you know what i meen, fuzzy dice with the alum. wheels , factory colors .....

12. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

dont get me wrong , i'll go back.........

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the annual Billetproof bitch fest has officially begun.

I go to shows and look at the cars I like and ignore the rest.

except VW's. I draw the line at VW's in a HOT ROD show. what's next, Datsun 510's?

who's got pics? I couldn't go.

14. tommy v

tommy v

they been letting vw's in for a few years now

15. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

thanks for sharing, see some familiar faces and cars, ya somebody needs to take over the show that is going to keep the tradition alive and not screw it up! i am not here to bash anybody but it seems to me if you got money ?? you aint got no taste, we need more shows that are our kulture, i know there is certain criteria to meet and people to pay for help yada yada yada!! i understand but have some decency and keep the tradition and do no take over and change it!! it's like putting up another home depot and puttin the mom n pop hardware store out of business after 3 generations!!

16. FFS....

It was a car show....

There was some WTF cars & some really COOL stuff there, I enjoyed it, walked round a lot, hung out with good friends & had a blast.....

Get over it.

More pics on this thread

17. Still...Viva Las Vegas will be on in a few months, so that'll give people something else to bitch about

:D:D

18. Nimrod

Nimrod

Out on the road today, I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac
    A little voice Inside my head said, "Don't look back. You can never look back."

19. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Yes the show was different,but i had a great time.there were some really nice cars,the style kings had that department locked!the organization of the show seemed to work really well.the host club dragoons were very in control and nice to deal with.makes things easy.i wish i could have gone for both days but just could not swing it.there will always be some sh$%# cars but hey i keep walkin,that doesnt phase me.me and the family had a great time thanks choptop and dragoons for putting out the effort.we will allways attend.

20. Big Dirty

Big Dirty

Here is my chief complaint: I understand some people drive a long distance to attend car shows so the idea of a 2 day show is appealing. I however, never attend the second day of a two day show so the $35.00 entry fee for a Panhead none the less is ridiculous. How about giving the attendee a choice one day or a weekend pass.

Twelve years attending Billetproof, and I've loved every year but as others have stated it's changed a little much for my likings......or maybe, it's me whose changed. Thanks for the Memories BP, time to pass the torch to the youngsters.

Dirty

21. Johnnyboys65

Johnnyboys65
    from Antioch,Ca

Hey Big Dirty very well said !!!!! Lots of good memories but its lost its whole feel and just become more like a regular car show (Good Guys) and I have noticed it within the last 3 yrs, but oh well it looked like there was plenty of cars that showed up its just not a car show I will not be attending in the future .........I just want to remember how it was back in the day

22. PurpleReignInBlood

PurpleReignInBlood

it's changed a little much for my likings......or maybe, it's me whose changed.

that line says it all for me as well and well said.

23. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

If the show stayed the same we would all get bored and have threads about it too.but these shows are what we make of them.the biggest change i noticed was the mellow tone of the show,i wonder though if i only noticed it because i have mellowed out.there were alot of people having a great time just like 7 years ago when i was not so mellow.im curious to know what some of the "major changes" were that some people were talking about.other than the two mellow,and being like goodguys.i dont see it being like goodguys at all.(ok the alston trailer maybe)i felt bad for those guys the looked extemely bored.

24. Maybe the lack of drunk assholes was too much for some people?

I had a nice day

25. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Lol me too!did not miss those guys!

26. FatDave

FatDave

... hahaha.

27. Just wondering, how much money can we have before we're ineligible for your kulture? :D

28. chopped40

chopped40
    from los gatos

Sounds like this show is the new red wheels and trim black of car shows!!Where is kirk with this all goin on?

29. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Wow! I wish I could have been there. Because, then I too could have something to bitch about.:p

30. hal

hal

great show ... can't wait till next year .... had a blast.

oh yea ..... i may have been one of those drunk assholes ....