Register now to get rid of these ads!

Falfa and Milner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Falcon, Sep 15, 2009.

?
  1. John Milner's 32 Ford Deuce Coupe

62.8%
  2. Bob Falfa's 55 Chevy

37.2%
  1. Ramblur

Ramblur

Guess I was around 13 when it came out and I loved ALL the cars. More so I
    loved the promise of things to come in my life from that movie. I went the
    mix and match route and by the time I turned 16 I had the 327 done and the
    car ready to shoot. It wasn't 1962,but it was ALL good.;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

2. Actually the Falfa 55 was one of two nearly identical cars built for blacktop. the car that was wrecked in graffiti was a stunt car small block with stock suspension and steering brakes. As for what engine Falfa would of had back in 62. I dont think a small block? My uncle had a new pontiac catilina with 2 fours 4 speed it would beat a 409 most of the time. I would say he would of had a Tin Indian Mill in the 55. OldWolf

3. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

55 gets the vote for way cool obnoxious street car for the time, but I am with Ivory Hunter on this one, Milner's under dog front engine gets the real vote along with his non english speaking blonde at the end, also Falfa alwasy struck me as a rich kid trying to "play the part" so a 409/409 would'nt be out of his range. (Dig the single Exhaust on the 55 when it flips)

Lastly..... No shiitter ever got Between me and Christene.... She would eat them all for breakfast

4. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Tastes great. Less filling.

Speaking of cruel, if I had Milner's coupe I would correct some of the issues. C'mon, you know damn-well that Milner's car, while cool and basically period-correct, needed a better stance (more rake maybe), better wheel/tire sizing, bigger engine or at least more induction (six twos or Hilborn setup), etc. Yeah, but that would be revisionist history so perhaps Milner's car was fine as it was.

5. ApeKing

ApeKing
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

6. Milners car with the L-88 in it. I guess that would be a different movie.

7. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

the piss' yellow coupe was one of the cars that got me hooked on all this stuff:D

Plus I have a soft spot for 32 coupes:cool:

8. I know this will cause an uproar, but I think the 55 would have beat that 32 even if it had a small block! PS 409's are truck engines...;)

9. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

:D
    Seriuosly though Milner's duece

10. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I wouldn't get in that damn 55 Chev because Harrison can't drive worth a shit !
    I will take the ride with "Milner" ! At least he knows how to drive and has a great hot rod !

RetroJim

11. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

Cool art.......

12. I agree. Maybe the small block had a 3 1/2" stroke makin' it a 352 (back then). Milner's may have been a 283, who knows? I'm thinkin' sbc all the way.

13. I would rather have the '58 Impala, but back to the question, Milner's

14. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

He did ok with his helicopter rescuing Megan Freeman off 11,106-foot Table Mountain in Idaho and 13-year-old Cody Clawson south of Yellowstone.

15. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Neither! Both cars have way to much hype! Build and create you own! Every car show has these two cars at them and I am beginning to think that they are all clones! No more originals left! Made by the movie men to make more money! HAAAHHAAHHAHAHAAA!
    Okay I'm done!;)

16. Gimme Buck Falfa's '55 but in a Nomad version please!

The AG '32 Coupe has to be one of the most butt fuggin' ugly '32's I've ever seen... great story... but probably one of the most homely Dueces ever.

Oh... and Graffiti "replica's" are usually even worse... especially when done with 31 A's

no offense...

17. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Buck?

18. Muttley

Muttley

Maybe that was Bob's brother. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

19. Buck Falfa... Al Wheat... :)

20. Ivory Hunter

Ivory Hunter
    from Texas

If i was Milner, would have been checken the junk yards for for that 55s motor.

Attached Files:

21. I beg to differ...look at how Milner almost stalls the 32 after Carol and him cream the caddy at the intersection :)

22. I gotta swim against the tide a bit on these two cars. I like the cars because I love the movie, but the reality is that if they weren't in the movie they'd be nuthin special. Milners coupe is a train wreck. Between the too short grill shell, hardware store aluminum firewall, yellow body/black frame, weird fenders etc, it's a mess. I'll always like it to some degree because of the history but man, that's one shoddy lookin' 32 Ford. That 55 was style wise not much better. Sure, it was cool in the movie and everybody knows the story that it was basically a race car, but I didn't think the car was really cool until it was changed up a little for Two Lane Blacktop. The 55 was just too plain with no trim and only chrome reverse for rolling stock. I think it kinda came alive with a coat of primer, a big hood scoop and a set of daisys and slicks in TLB. In the end I gotta go with the 55. Hey, it&#8217;s got an L88.

23. Ivory Hunter

Ivory Hunter
    from Texas

On you-toob the first 4 min into the movie has the sound of the 55 burnin out power shifting is a powerfull statement.

24. 51shoebox

51shoebox
    from rialto

25. Come on now...........Milner!

26. pyro3256

pyro3256
    from OKC

i'll take newbomb's pie wagon! always been more of a HK fan AG is cool and all...

27. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

28. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Nice.

29. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

I'd have to go with the '55 as well.

30. vinnymac44

vinnymac44
    from W. Oregon

Not a real big tri5 fan but hav loved them from the start. The coupe is kewl but that 55 is the one to have. There are nicer coupes but have to look long and hard to beat the chev.